• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

One of the weirder things about this arc is I can't get over the amount of character who when told everything they've ever known is on the line, they then ask "What's in it for me?"

"I wanna get paid!"

Daingurse

Forget Pikkon. They should have released Garlic Jr. from the Deadzone. Then U7 would have had an immortal on the squad.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5kzfg1jm3wsookg4occgw4sos_640.gif

HeroR

No a tsundere is someone who acts like an asshole to hide how they really feel, Caulifla is pretty much an open book

Basically Vegeta. He is an asshole, but he will also play up his asshole traits because he does cares and is too embarrass to admit it.

Like he loves Bulma, but tries to act like he doesn’t like Goku teasing him over “My Bulma!”.

Caulifla is an asshole to Kyabe, and only Cabba.

Why the different spellings?

Rutger

Banned
One of the weirder things about this arc is I can't get over the amount of character who when told everything they've ever known is on the line, they then ask "What's in it for me?"

"I wanna get paid!"

This arc is a little confused at what it wants to be at times, haha.

HeroR

"I wanna get paid!"

There’s only so many time the universe can be in danger before it becomes another Saturday afternoon.

HeroR

Zamasu was immortal and he got knocked around plenty, so yeah immortality wouldn't help

One of the few good points in the Super manga is Goku telling Future Zamasu that he needed Black since he knew just being immortal wasn’t enough to kill all the mortals.

caliph95

Zamasu was immortal and he got knocked around plenty, so yeah immortality wouldn't help
It's only useful in fights without arenas or rules because you can tire out your opponent if they can't seal you

In a fight with knockout rules, well look at at Botamo

Daingurse

Dead Zones aight. Immortality turns out isn't a huge advantage when there's a no killing rule.

DBZ immortality essentially makes you indestructible. Which would be a pretty good trait in this tournament. You wouldn't be able to wear him down with attrition tactics. He would have been a good replacement for Buu. I also feel he would have done better than Tien lol.

LordOfChaos

"I wanna get paid!"

"I'm a nihilist, if the universe gets wiped, meh. But a boat, you say..."

Slaythe

For the record, 17 didn't join to get a boat.

He said he joined because he owed it to someone. (Gohan?)

The boat is extra !

I find it weird by the way that they have 0 dynamic (gohan and 17), considering their relationship in the future (17 killed him 1v1 in the manga). Would have been cool to see them team up.

emb

So why wasnt Pikkon asked to be on the team? Dude is supposedly a fighting genius. Surely he kept advancing in power and skill.
The way they put together the teams was disappointing, in part because of the (non-canon, I know, idc) little glimpse the afterlife tournament showed us of all the variety in the universe. And that variety makes a lot more sense than a lack thereof.

U7 just picked 10 from Earth, and really scraped the bottom of the barrel. Some of the others did the same with a small scope of picks. We know Shin is just incompetent, but could have asked King Kai or whatever.

Skeeter49

The boat is extra !

I find it weird by the way that they have 0 dynamic (gohan and 17), considering their relationship in the future (17 killed him 1v1 in the manga). Would have been cool to see them team up.
Would have been nice if they interacted once in the Z time line.

RocknRola

The boat is extra !

I find it weird by the way that they have 0 dynamic (gohan and 17), considering their relationship in the future (17 killed him 1v1 in the manga). Would have been cool to see them team u
p.

Probably the most glaring and the biggest mistake in this whole arc. A bunch of interesting characters forced to be together, all of them with some sort of history together (not always positive either) and little to no real interactions exploring that dynamic :S

Then again, it is DB so keeping things fairly simples comes with the territory I guess.

Magwik

Banned

"I wanna get paid!"
How many times since Raditz have these people been told that everything is on the line? They have been conditioned to be ready for the end.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Probably the most glaring and the biggest mistake in this whole arc. A bunch of interesting characters forced to be together, all of them with some sort of history together (not always positive either) and little to no real interactions exploring that dynamic :S

Then again, it is DB so keeping things fairly simples comes with the territory I guess.
Unfortunately the writers have opted to stick with the safest team ups such as 17/18 and Gohan/Piccolo. Maybe that'll change later but it's definitely a missed opportunity. We did have Gohan/Freeza in an unorthodox way I suppose...

Slaythe

Unfortunately the writers have opted to stick with the safest team ups such as 17/18 and Gohan/Piccolo. Maybe that'll change later but it's definitely a missed opportunity. We did have Gohan/Freeza in an unorthodox way I suppose...

We just need 18 to drop out really.

Piccolo 17

Frieza Vegeta (for hilarity)

Goku Gohan

Literally the best arc in DBZ if we get these.

Rutger

Banned

The arc has been very safe, sadly. Even the Gohan/Frieza teamup was done in a very predictable way.

A shame, there's so many interesting ways the good guys could interact. 17 alone could have brought so much but Frieza had to overshadow his return.

Kevinroc

The arc has been very safe, sadly. Even the Gohan/Frieza teamup was done in a very predictable way.

A shame, there's so many interesting ways the good guys could interact. 17 alone could have brought so much but Frieza had to overshadow his return.

Frieza is way more interesting than 17.

Rutger

Banned
Frieza is way more interesting than 17.

Nah, 17 has been great with what little he's had, while Frieza has been boring this whole tournament.

Who predicted a Gohan x Frieza team up like that?

That particular team up itself, maybe not.
But how Frieza played out the "team up" with Frost was incredibly safe and predictable, Gohan could have been replaced by any other U7 character and that wouldn't have changed.

Top Bottom