• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super Trading Card Game

0neAnd0nly

So, I haven’t played or collected cards since Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I was in Elementary and Middle School.

I didn’t expect to get back into a TCG as an adult, but man - DB combined with GORGEOUS artwork and texture foil cards kind of made me take the dive. Bought 5 decks prior to Christmas for me and gifts for my DB fan friends.

One of my favorite things is that they have cards for virtually every corner of the franchise: DB, DBZ, GT, Super, Heroes and even some fanfic(?). So many COOL designs, regardless of the playability even.

Affordability is awesome too. Almost any starter deck can be found between $10-$20, and be competitive off the start.

Anybody else here play DBS?

And yes. Before it gets posted everybody knows that Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic are the top 3. Not a debate on that.

Examples of DBS beautiful card art:

Dragon-Ball-Super-Card-Game-10-Rarest-Cards-And-What-Theyre-Worth.jpg

s-l1600_c83c2441-7f6d-47c0-ae78-4b714e0add73_480x480.jpg

259634.jpg

221756.jpg

Last edited:

NahaNago

I was planning on buying dragon ball cards just to collect but those look really ugly to me. Maybe they updated the cards for super and ended up completely changing the way they look.

Saber

Gold Member
Looks lamish.
Its probably a spam of sayian cards(tagged as OP) and nothing more. The rest of the cast is just weak support cards, they even went a mile to include GT crap. Easy pass imo.

So, I haven’t played or collected cards since Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I was in Elementary and Middle School.

I didn’t expect to get back into a TCG as an adult, but man - DB combined with GORGEOUS artwork and texture foil cards kind of made me take the dive. Bought 5 decks prior to Christmas for me and gifts for my DB fan friends.

One of my favorite things is that they have cards for virtually every corner of the franchise: DB, DBZ, GT, Super, Heroes and even some fanfic(?). So many COOL designs, regardless of the playability even.

Affordability is awesome too. Almost any starter deck can be found between $10-$20, and be competitive off the start.

Anybody else here play DBS?

And yes. Before it gets posted everybody knows that Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic are the top 3. Not a debate on that.
Don't worry about the haters, buy what you like. In the last two weeks I've spent like $300 on Metazoo tcg which isn't going to be worth anything. I just like the art and weirdness of the cards.

Those cards look beautiful and if you are a DB fan it looks like a perfect collectible.

0neAnd0nly

Ha, maybe slightly. I was 3 sport athlete and am married, so I have some leeway to nerding occasionally. 😂

Dragon ball?
Trading cards?

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Nostalgia never fails, and Dragon Ball is timeless.

I was planning on buying dragon ball cards just to collect but those look really ugly to me. Maybe they updated the cards for super and ended up completely changing the way they look.

Really? Man, I think they look pretty friggin awesome, personally. But that’s me!

Hear me out here, I think digital TCGs might be NFTs.

Jojo Siwa Ok GIF by Nickelodeon

Not digital… though a digital version is coming. These are physical. Good quality cards!

Looks lamish.
Its probably a spam of sayian cards(tagged as OP) and nothing more. The rest of the cast is just weak support cards, they even went a mile to include GT crap. Easy pass imo.

Nope, your assumption isn’t correct actually. Every single character possible has been adapted -

266604.jpg
281763.jpg
tb2-011_pr1__03082.1630298505.500.750__08875.1651031542.png
281742.jpg

Are Saiyans generally the chosen card? Sure. But that’s kind of the point in Dragon Ball. The game has been around for several years now though and there isn’t a character left undone, even fanfic and GT cards.

Wow those are gorgeous

Brb buying a pack for the lulz

Ha, let me know if you actually do! Lol.

Nice! I doubt I will have any of mine graded… maybe in the future.

Last edited:

0neAnd0nly

Don't worry about the haters, buy what you like. In the last two weeks I've spent like $300 on Metazoo tcg which isn't going to be worth anything. I just like the art and weirdness of the cards.

Those cards look beautiful and if you are a DB fan it looks like a perfect collectible.

What makes you happy is always important! I’ll have to look those up too, never heard of them!

What makes you happy is always important! I’ll have to look those up too, never heard of them!
It's a mix of Pokemon, magic and Yu-gi-oh. The art is cartoony but there is a lot of dark themes behind what you're seeing. This is one of the cards that caught my attention:

62-black-mass-1.webp

But then you see stuff like this in the same game lol:
11-159-Loveland-Frogman-H-water-50-kelseyjachino-B_1024x1024.png

It's just goofy and doesn't take itself seriously, which has been nice after getting burned out on Magic and Flesh and Blood. Everyone should just buy what they enjoy.

0neAnd0nly

I was going too but then I saw you can only get massive boxes of them on eBay I was just gonna buy a few packs lol
Local stores carry them; Walmart, Barnes and Noble, local game and comic shops (I would imagine).

There are some starter decks on Amazon and eBay for $10-$15. I’m sure eBay has individual boosters… I would imagine.

GeekyDad

Ha, maybe slightly. I was 3 sport athlete and am married, so I have some leeway to nerding occasionally. 😂

Hey, I wear my nerdiness on my chest -- literally. I have a drawer full of t-shirts my kids give me each year -- Kirby, Totoro, Star Wars. Even the old shirt I use to mow the grass is orange with a giant-ass Goku on the front. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Top Bottom