• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V |OT| Card Games on Hippos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
For all of the Synchro Arc's flaws fucking Episode 99 totally made me forget all that...PENDULUM STRAIGHT!

So glad I'm caught up, this show's honestly legit. I need to get around to updating the OP one day because right now it doesn't really give a good impression, though I don't know if mentioning the dimensional war (the draw of the show really) and the cameos is too spoilery.

Fj0823

For all of the Synchro Arc's flaws fucking Episode 99 totally made me forget all that...PENDULUM STRAIGHT!

So glad I'm caught up, this show's honestly legit. I need to get around to updating the OP one day because right now it doesn't really give a good impression, though I don't know if mentioning the dimensional war (the draw of the show really) and the cameos is too spoilery.

Arc-V|OT| It's like Marvel! With Cameos and a War.

Watch Da Birdie

Now I'm wondering if Yushou's ace monster we always see him with is actually a
Ritual Monster.

AGITΩ

I loved the Syncho Arc, but I'm liking that we finally might get more details on Yuusho. Plus we finally get some Ritual Summon action taking center stage.

Fj0823

Still salty that there is no ritual dimmension...

Then again, rituals kinda suck...

Thinking about making a thread about how awesome this series is, but it´ll probably die in a tsunami of nostalgia

Watch Da Birdie

Still salty that there is no ritual dimmension...

Then again, rituals kinda suck...

Thinking about making a thread about how awesome this series is, but it´ll probably die in a tsunami of nostalgia

Do it!

I wanna do that, but I think since I made the OT (and that fucking hippo isn't even in the show anymore it seems!) it might come across as me advertising my own thread. But yeah, Arc-V's great. I think people will like it if you mention how it uses all the summoning methods, has a good plot, and also knows how to have fun with itself.

One caveat I think is important to mention is with Arc-V don't go in expecting 1:1 rules because you'll end up disappointed due to Action Cards, though I've learned to ignore how situational they can be since everyone uses them. Plus I think Arc-V gets it *right* because it's more about what is going on around and during the duel rather than the duel itself.

AGITΩ

Arc-V does need more love. A lot of people dismissed 5D's because "OHMERGERD CARD GAEMS ON BIKES" But it ended up becoming my favorite Series of the Franchise. Zexal kicked me back out of the series and Arc-V restored again.

Watch Da Birdie

I dunno, 5D's really did drop off pretty fast...that show dropped a boatload of characters and plots out of nowhere and the whole premise is basically destroyed and buried.

5D's was too well-written at first that they didn't have anywhere to go after the Dark Signers. I think all the other series arguably got better as they went on, maybe with a small bump in the road, but 5D's went the opposite way which I think tarnishes its memory more than if it had gotten better.

I'm actually watching through season 2 of 5D's finally and these early filler episodes are just strange coming after a series originally meant to be dystopian Yu-Gi-Oh.

AGITΩ

I don't even know how far it got dubbed into, if it even went all the way. The Dark Signers season was fantastic, then a lot of it focused on character development and kinda the growth and bonds between them all. I enjoyed their dynamic and the fact that they all had their own personalities and wasn't heavily the Yusei Fudo show. At least that's I recall from when I watched it as it was being subbed.

Fj0823

I dunno, 5D's really did drop off pretty fast...that show dropped a boatload of characters and plots out of nowhere and the whole premise is basically destroyed and buried.

5D's was too well-written at first that they didn't have anywhere to go after the Dark Signers. I think all the other series arguably got better as they went on, maybe with a small bump in the road, but 5D's went the opposite way which I think tarnishes its memory more than if it had gotten better.

I'm actually watching through season 2 of 5D's finally and these early filler episodes are just strange coming after a series originally meant to be dystopian Yu-Gi-Oh.

That was not the 5Ds writing crew's fault in any way.

Carly's VA fucked them all over with her weird shit and they had to scrap their inca cult themes for time travel bs.

Guess I'll work on the Arc-V thread now lol

Watch Da Birdie

I can't not hear Katsura from Gintama's voice in Edo Phoenix now, never realized when I watched GX the first time they were the same actor though in retrospect Ishida is pretty prolific.

But Edo getting upset over "Entermates!" and "SMILE WORLD!" was pretty silly given how cute they look---interested in seeing what his deal is though, is he truly the big bad behind Academia or is he playing the long con over on them? I also have a feeling that Chronos-type dude despite being comic relief right now is gonna end up being a legitimate threat, y'know with all the other Academia folks using new Gear Golems I wonder if he might end up using the original GX-era ones? At first when I saw him in the OP I thought he was supposed to parallel that Ura guy from Zexal due to similar hair...

Also pretty disappointing when the hippos finally get used again, including a new one, they just serve to show that the new D-Hero has an obvious piercing effect.

By the way, now that I'm watching live, what's our spoiler policy? Do we spoiler episodes after the subs have been released?

Dark Requiem is beautiful.
Now if only those Break Swords would drop in price, please reprint in Mega Tin 2016 so that I could have my Yuto.deck. :(

I think we should spoiler episodes until the subs release. I do enjoy watching the Raw's though because the subs can take a while.

Dark Requiem is beautiful.
Now if only those Break Swords would drop in price, please reprint in Mega Tin 2016 so that I could have my Yuto.deck. :(

I think we should spoiler episodes until the subs release. I do enjoy watching the Raw's though because the subs can take a while.

Subs were pretty quick this week, though I think they were done by a different group then usual

Watch Da Birdie

So, in a few weeks Arc-V features two sisters---the Tyler sisters (my name!)---who are using Amazons.

I was thinking about this, but have we EVER had a pair of sisters in the entire Yu-Gi-Oh franchise; excluding monsters such as Harpie sisters, but I mean human sisters.

We've got plenty of brothers of course---starting with the Kaiba brothers it's been a reoccurring motif, and we've got plenty of brother and sister duos, also starting in the original series with Joey and Serenity and being reused on and off, but I can't think of a single pair of sisters ever.

Finally finish marathoning Arc-V, I did it for
Asukaaaaaaaaaa/Alexis
Anyways, Arc-V has been pretty good so far, I am a sucker for different dimension stuff but it was great seeing
Jack/Crow and Alexis again.
I swear to myself that I wasn't going to play ygo anymore but damn you Selena and your Lunalight cards/

Whoa! Starve Venom and the Predator Plants have been revealed for Invasion of Venom.

I wonder how different they'll be in the anime

Edit:
Dark Requiem and the Phantom Knights Rank-Up too!

DMG > DM

Who here ready for fruit theme magician girls? Feels like a great time to get back into YGO

Who knows when we'll get Choco Magician Girl since it was a VJump promo. :<
Lunalight Crimson Fox is in the same situation unfortunately.

Edit: Lemon Magician Girl was a movie attendance promo as well.

Who knows when we'll get Choco Magician Girl since it was a VJump promo. :<
Lunalight Crimson Fox is in the same situation unfortunately.

Edit: Lemon Magician Girl was a movie attendance promo as well.

Lunalight Crimson Fox is apparently will be in "The Dark Illusion" set (saw in in the pojo LL thread). Fox along with Perfume will be awesome.

I hope Choco Magician Girl make it to one of the set and Lemon too. I started buying some essential DMG cards to create a skeleton of the deck.

Not really a fan of their designs, seems too overdone. Waiting for a DMG boss monster. :V

With the amount of support Yugi's monsters are getting (DM, Magnet Warriors and DMG) hopefully they throw a bone at us and we get a DMG Boss

Konami should also bring out Magi Magi &#9734; Magician Gal to us.

Action cards are the power of comrades!
That part felt like the Yuzu vs. Enjoy Chojiro duel in Synchro Dimension.
Finally, Yuya told them where Yuto is.
That flashback with Kaito and Shun made it seem as if they too knew about Yuya's dad, I wonder why Shun never brought it up, I think that was even Yuto's memory too...

Next Episode
Looks like the You Show Duel School (Fusion) is being invaded by Yuri.
I think I saw somewhere that said it'll be Yuri vs. 5 generic people.
Given the opening, maybe Yugo shows up in the same place.

Fj0823

106 is out subbed

Starve Venom OP pls nerf

Seriously, the real life card effect is pretty good, but the anime one is insane

TCG Starvenom is by far the best generic fusion in the game.

Unless you count Norden, but you never actually fusion summon it with its materials.

TCG Starvenom is by far the best generic fusion in the game.

Unless you count Norden, but you never actually fusion summon it with its materials.

Yeah, but anime starve venom is on another level. Gain the special attack of all special summoned monsters your opponent controls as opposed to just one, negate and copy an enemies effect as opposed to just copy, and it's destruction effect not only destroys special summoned monsters, but does damage on top of that equal to the destroyed monsters' attack. Not to mention it's summoning condition in the anime appears to only be "two dark monsters" rather than "2 dark monsters on the field"

If you summon Starve Venom with monsters NOT on the field in the anime it doesn't get its attack increase effect.
Glad to finally get that CGI Starve Venom summon and the GX fusions was a great callback, much better than them using the same monsters.

Next Episode Preview
Sayaka and Allen vs. the Tyler Sisters
Wonder if Fairy Cheer Girl will get another rank up.

Watch Da Birdie

I loved how Yuri kept mocking the Ojama dude, even looked annoyed when he took down Ojama King...

Did anyone else notice the two reds laughing in the flashback had Misawa and Ryo's hair?

Subs are out but I'll still spoiler tag because it's really early.
So Allen has those skates in the opening...
Allen is using trains, the Kozuki tradition must live on! Maybe we'll finally get Trains in INOV as imports.
Say aka uses Kotori's cards, I was hoping she could rank up Fairy Cheer Girl but Barian's Force shouldn't exist in this universe.
Tyler Sisters are great at tag dueling.
These Amazon fusions don't have that great effects but they'll probably be buffed up a lot when they get printed.
I found it funny that Allen got mad at Sayaka for not using Fairy Cheer Girl's effect when he didn't even think about using it on his turn until she reminded him.
Next Episode Preview
Huh? Shun and Yuya are dueling the Tyler sisters? Does that mean Gogenzaka and Neo New Sawatari lost?!
Well anyways can't wait for this Yuya/Yuto/Shun tag duel. Looks like Yuya/Yuto are summoning Dark Rebellion.

Fj0823

That reminds me, has Yuya told anyone about Yuto?

Seems only Mieru back in Standard is aware of his current mind state.

That reminds me, has Yuya told anyone about Yuto?

Seems only Mieru back in Standard is aware of his current mind state.

Yeah, Episode 105 he was telling Kaito about Yuto's memories of Duel School while Shun and Kaito were dueling. Allen asked him how he knew of those memories and Yuya said that because Yuto is inside him. Everyone there heard so they all know.

>Hears about new TRAINS in the anime

>Finds out its Rank fucking 4

rDPlvtc.gif

Fj0823

You know what's worse?

Having the character who uses your favorite archetype, and suddenly
He uses a new shittier deck theme absolutely incompatible with your current deck.

I was upset about the fact that *minor next episode spoilers*
Gogenzaka is inevitably going to job again.
but then I realized that
it's his own damn fault since he's clearly going to accept a tag duel, and Gogenzaka's deck is neutered in that situation since he'll share a graveyard with Sawatari

Oh god the title for episode 109...

Episode 109: &#25126;&#22580;&#12395;&#26524;&#12390;&#12427;&#38588; &#8211; Senjou ni Hateru Hayabusa
(The Falcon Perishes on the Battlefield)

Are upcoming summaries fine as long as they are spoiler tagged? Then:

Yuya & Kurosaki vs. The Obelisk Force!
After Yuya and Kurosaki defeated the Tyler sisters, the Obelisk Force appears before them, setting off another Tag Duel.

Yuya managed to quell Yuto
Amazoness sisters are too OP
That comeback...Okay, it managed to make me smile lol
W-what?! The sisters reacted positively to his dueling style? niiiiice.

PV:
WHAAAAAAAT?! That title...oh no!

Watch Da Birdie

Was surprised the skates seen in the OP are actually a thing---hope Yuya gets a pair.

Grace is cute. Grace x Yuya

Episode was pretty nice
I wonder if Yuya can reach Endo, I still think Endo and Asuka will help out the lancers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom