• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V |OT| Card Games on Hippos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you're right he could have summoned his Magicians!

Sorry about that will edit and clarify more. :(
Since Jack vs Sergey is next, the winner really isn't that obvious. On the one hand Jack is the returning character and has a lot of build up, but on the other hand, Sergey is the villain and he just
beat Yuuya and took Yuzu hostage
, so it would also make sense for Yuuya to fight him as well

Yeah I was also thinking why he didn't activate that effect of Odd Eyes Rebellion, but I'm not sure if he had any Pendulum Monsters in his extra deck.

Nice to see Earthbounds again, I was thinking that the Fusion and Synchros would be retrains, this is good too.

Surprised to see that both of them were captured.

SPOILERS FROM THE NEXT DUEL AND ARC

Yuya ends up traveling to the Xyz Dimension, where he runs into Tenjou Kaito and Tenjouin Asuka.

WHAT
Source

Yeah, can't wait for the next arc. Selena ;_;

Jack time!
Sergey with his dual fusion and synchro, already going for the kill
AH, yes. Action cards! Jack reverses the situation.
Sergey what are you doing? Roger pls

Never thought i'd see Biker transformations again since Z-ONE times.

I watched the episode raw for fun a while ago despite not speaking Japanese, and it's amazing how much of this episode I was able to understand completely just by recognizing names, a few key words, and paying attention to context

Glad thats over, but Roger just losing it was hilarious, no one picking up the action card even.

I loved 93 for ReiraSora, so good. He should have stayed with him more.
Cb00v9_WwAQud7n.png:large

All these new Earthbound monsters look so cool, hope they get printed!
get rekt Roger, no one likes you
so many "Red" cards @_@
I wonder if this means Sergey is dead

95 Preview
Roger is such a sore loser

All these new Earthbound monsters look so cool, hope they get printed!
get rekt Roger, no one likes you
so many "Red" cards @_@
I wonder if this means Sergey is dead

95 Preview
Roger is such a sore loser

I think it's pretty clear that for Arc-V they're solidifying Jack's deck by using "Red" as an archetype that expands to his whole deck, as opposed to 5ds where his deck was mostly random shit.

I guess that's it for Sergey, that was somewhat disturbing...
Kali Yuga too strong
Finally, the council decides to do something.
All aboard the Kurosaki Airlines!

Next Episode:
Jean's evil eyes
Glad to see Neo New Sawatari duel again

I guess that's it for Sergey, that was somewhat disturbing...
Kali Yuga too strong
Finally, the council decides to do something.
All aboard the Kurosaki Airlines!

Next Episode:
Jean's evil eyes
Glad to see Neo New Sawatari duel again

You'd think with all those traps they had down that they'd have some to prevent him from summoning anything. Though I guess he might've summoned it before they could see or hear him

You'd think with all those traps they had down that they'd have some to prevent him from summoning anything. Though I guess he might've summoned it before they could see or hear him
Yeah that was probably it, just like Crow and Shun with their birds.
Kali Yuga's effects can't be negated at all in the anime. D:
Their only hope would have been to negate the summon.

Yeah that was probably it, just like Crow and Shun with their birds.
Kali Yuga's effects can't be negated at all in the anime. D:
Their only hope would have been to negate the summon.

Yeah but negating summons is far from unheard of, especially since he'd need to summon other monsters first to xyz with

Everyone shows off
Melissa taking her sweet time
Finally it starts!
Jack easily notices Yuya's issues
Calls him out on it and Yuya will finally change
Yuya gets rekt so far

Preview
Finally Yuya will create his own Entertainment dueling style and starts with the debut of his new Paladin.
Jack will also feature his new Red Dragon power-up
Excited for the next ep!

Fj0823

Everyone shows off
Melissa taking her sweet time
Finally it starts!
Jack easily notices Yuya's issues
Calls him out on it and Yuya will finally change
Yuya gets rekt so far

Preview
Finally Yuya will create his own Entertainment dueling style and starts with the debut of his new Paladin.
Jack will also feature his new Red Dragon power-up
Excited for the next ep!

Red Dragon Archfiend Tyrant is such OP bullshit...

Nice to see Enjoy Chojiro participate
I'm wondering why Jack didn't activate Red Wyvern's effect to destroy Timesword Magician then I saw that the Anime effect is different....
Roger's villain face!
Who's gonna take all that effect damage from Starlight o-o

Next Episode
Two new Synchros!
Sora and Tsukikage rescue mission continues

SPOILERS for next arc
Confirmation of Kite Tenjo in Arc-V and some story details
https://ygorganization.com

Fj0823

Nice to see Enjoy Chojiro participate
I'm wondering why Jack didn't activate Red Wyvern's effect to destroy Timesword Magician then I saw that the Anime effect is different....
Roger's villain face!
Who's gonna take all that effect damage from Starlight o-o

Next Episode
Two new Synchros!
Sora and Tsukikage rescue mission continues

SPOILERS for next arc
Confirmation of Kite Tenjo in Arc-V and some story details
https://ygorganization.com

Hope Kaito keeps his black coat when dueling....he looks AWFUL in white

Also fuck yes,
Kaito
is the best character
more like only good"
in ZEXAL.

Shark was shafted SO BADLY

Fj0823

Are any of the original characters still around in the new series? Or the original monsters?

Different Universe

The OG Universe is Original-GX-5D's. Yugi is dead by the time of 5D's

Arc-V and Zexal occur in a different universe each. But Arc-V is FULL of characters,themes and locations of other series. The other series are never referenced, and each character might have a slightly different personally and completely different backstory and cards

You might get Kaiba or Joey in ARC-V but they won't be your Kaiba/Joey

CeE-cQyVIAAtH35.jpg

Best random duel chasers pose ever. Im glad they finally look they have some type of personality instead of just mindless grunts.

Alright duel, kind of wish we had no interruptions but oh well.

CeE6EyyVIAIp2cW.jpg
CeE6PXlUsAU2SgU.jpg

More Reira smiling please especially if it results in more Jack Atlus smiling.

Fj0823

I firmly believe Arc-V Jack>>OG Jack

Mainly because this Jack probably won't
confess his love for a girl only to sideline her and start dating another 2 girls on the next season

Crimson Dragon!
Double Tuning! Sucks that Jack's theme wasn't played during this or at all in Arc-V :<
So that spell/trap negation during the battle phase was meant for Action cards.
I wasn't expecting Nervana High Paladin to be so quickly destroyed, providing support through a pendulum scale works too I guess, such a high scale too!
Will Roger duel the Lancers?

Next Episode
Laughing Jack

Crimson Dragon!
Double Tuning! Sucks that Jack's theme wasn't played during this or at all in Arc-V :<
I wasn't expecting Nervana High Paladin to be so quickly destroyed, providing support through a pendulum scale works too I guess, such a high scale too!

Next Episode
Laughing Jack

I think the real card works on either player's turn for the spell/trap negation

The destroy all cards other than this card effect might also not be worth using in all cases since it'll destroy your cards to, and it limits you from attacking with another monster that turn

Crimson Dragon!

Next Episode
Laughing Jack
Gotta show all the effects of NHP and sell it ;)

That PV though, i'm excited to see
Laughing Jack
! :D

Based on the cards on the field, I'm pretty sure I have a very good idea of how the next episode will go down, and that the duel will end this turn. The only thing tripping me up is Jack's face down card, and the possibility of action cards. Here's my basic rundown (in spoilers, since even though it's speculation it's very specific)

1. Yuuya plays smile world, since 6 monsters are on the field, each has their attack go up by 600
2. Yuuya uses Radish Horse's effect to decrease Jack's dragon's attack by 1100 (the current attack of radish horse after smile world) to 3500 (3500+500 from the effect last turn+600 from smile world, minus 1100), and increase timebreaker magician's attack by 1100. Timebreaker is now at 3100 attack (1400+600 from smile world plus 1100 from radish horse) (It's possible he might power up odd eyes instead, but this would ultimately be a slightly inferior move)
3. Yuuya attacks Tyrant with Timebreaker, and uses Nirvana High Paladin's pendulum effect to prevent destruction and damage (since timebreaker is his lowest level monster right now at level 3), while simultaneously lowering Red Tyrant's attack by Timebreakers attack. Red Tyrant now has 400 attack
4.Yuuya attacks with Odd Eyes Pendulum, who is currently at 3100 attack. Odd Eyes effect will cause double damage since Tyrant is over level 5. Ordinarily this would be 2700*2=5400 damage, way more than Jack's 3500 life points, but I imagine somewhere around here Jack will play his trap card. I'm not sure what it is, but most likely it'll keep Red Tyrant alive and render it incapable of being destroyed this turn, and possibly reduce battle damage. Either way, Yuuya will still win this turn, and the main point of the trap at this stage is to "preserve his soul", in the same vein as why he kept it alive in the Sergey duel. I'm also going to note that the trap Jack used in his previous duel, Red Soul, mostly fits the bill, but requires 2 monsters to be discarded to activate, so it's unlikely unless Jack gets an action card that lets him draw 2 cards at no real cost.

10,000 Attack Tyrant brought down, Nirvana's effect was very useful
Straight Pendulum unites the Tops and Commons!
Roger is dueling, disappointed that he's using Ancient Gears.... maybe he'll pull out an Ancient Gear synchro?

Excited for the 1 hour special next week :D

Nirvana's Straight pendulum is OP!
Akaba dueling is always fun, hopefully he does quick work of him.

Yeah, 1 hour special should be good! :D

Where did Sora go? no way he would die in an explosion and I refuse to accept that he was defeated by Roger who seems to be using the standard cards of Academia, anyway. Silly plot at times.

Awesome duel and awesome 5D's cameo, though he was already on the money they had showed way earlier in the anime.

I wasn't expecting Reiji to use the D/D/D from the Structure Deck, they looked great!
Too bad Roger is such a disappointment, he's probably coming back too once they go to the Fusion Dimension.
Goddammit, Yuya and Yuzu got separated again....
Hope it doesn't take too long for them to be reunited again

Yuto and Shun flashbacks were great. Flashbacks straight from the last episode I could do without.
So the guy that got carded by Academia this episode was those kids' father, I didn't realize that until the subs.
Kaito finishing the job!

Next Episode Preview
Looks like Sawatari and Gongenzaka are dueling Kaito, this should be exciting. :)

Yeah, I was really annoyed with the flashbacks to the synchro arc...that was unnecessary especially for the 100th milestone.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, time for my yearly marathon to get caught back up---left off on Episode 69, so I have a lot to watch.

Fucking HYPED for
Edo and Asuka...and hopefully Misawa returns with FIRE DRAGON finally.

So watching episode 101 subbed, it seems a bit weird that Gogenzaka got rid of cipher chain. Given his goal wasn't to win, but to end the duel as soon as possible, he shoul have gotten rid of cipher shield and then attack and destroyed cipher wing to force a draw

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Marathoning this show after a bunch of episodes have aired is the way to go, I could see the Synchro Arc getting dull if you were watching it live but watching it all at once it's pretty cool---I'm at the climax now and things are getting pretty wild.

For a second there I thought Yuya was gonna bring out Break Sword and summon Dark Rebellion off its effect but then realized that Yuya doesn't have any Phantom Knights
Wow seems like Yuya's dad or his last name is something important to Kaito
Episode Preview
Can't wait for Yuzu and Alexis! Seems like a new Cyber Angel???

So much plot this episode.
Another 3v1 duel which ends with an OTK
Vishnu is really good, hope that when it gets printed it can destroy special summoned monsters instead of just fusions
Glad Yuto is getting a bigger role this arc

Next Episode Preview
Whoa a Dark Rebellion upgrade and a new D-Hero fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom