• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh moments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtom94

That one time it was TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-

That one time it was TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KSGUVcNfZM

Hydrus

QqPmz9B.png

Lol. Season 1 was basically whoever has the better imagination wins.

Yugi & Joey vs Para & Dox: Yugi uses summoned skulls electric attack on the water as a conductor, to destroy the bottom of gate guardian, Suijin.

Lol. Season 1 was basically whoever has the better imagination wins.

Yugi & Joey vs Para & Dox: Yugi uses summoned skulls electric attack on the water as a conductor, to destroy the bottom of gate guardian, Suijin.

Better imagination?

Like Kaiba forcing Yugi to give up because the shocks from Celtic Guardian's attack will push him off the edge? Kaiba's imagination is crazy, and it almost made Yugi give up dueling.

Uzumaki Goku

Better imagination?

Like Kaiba forcing Yugi to give up because the shocks from Celtic Guardian's attack will push him off the edge? Kaiba's imagination is crazy, and it almost made Yugi give up dueling.

Yeah, IIRC, in Japanese, he didn't say that, he threatened to jump off if Yugi ordered an attack.

When Yugi played Ragnarok to defeat Yami Marik. You got to see almost all the monsters in his deck come out and wreck his ass.

Also got to see a flying Kuriboh :3

Astral

Better imagination?

This is my favorite moment. When Kaiba threatens to kill himself so that Yugi throws the duel. It was so ridiculous but ballsy. But mostly ridiculous.

This is my favorite moment. When Kaiba threatens to kill himself so that Yugi throws the duel. It was so ridiculous but ballsy. But mostly ridiculous.

Maybe next time, Kaiba will have a counter for the Magic Arrow + Mammoth Graveyard + Polymerization combo.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah, IIRC, in Japanese, he didn't say that, he threatened to jump off if Yugi ordered an attack.

Learned from his adopted father.

Who killed himself after Kaiba took over the company, jump out the window screaming to Kaiba, this is what happens when you lose!

Dynasty

Joey and Yugi vs the two maze brothers. Loved the concept around the maze.
Joey vs Yugi in Duelest Kingdom. Joey pulled of an awesome plan and Yugi basically won with luck by stalling with the Magical Hats.
Yugi vs Duke in Dungeon Dice Monsters. Loved this game from what they showed and wouldnt have minded a few more games of this in the anime. They really should release a digital version of this obviously with more refined rules

I feel YuGiOh will make a big comeback with AR, there will be a nostalgia factor for a lot of people

That one time where Yugi (or was it Yami) completely overkills Weevil. Or that time where he was facing the bald guy that had Slifer the Executive Producer and made him deck out.

I liked all the duels with Bakura, for me he is one the best villains in the story because only him gives the vibes of fighting a dark antediluvian evil.

When Yugi ritual summons Black Luster Soldier. The delivery in the dubbed version is incredible, Black Luster Soldier sounds in so much pain to be summoned.

L Thammy

My absolute favourite is the first Yami Yugi Vs. Yami Bakura game in the manga. They're playing a simplified pen-and-paper RPG (a la D&D) with a board and model castle that Bakura made. Yugi and friends' consciousnesses are sealed inside the models representing the player's party, and Yami Yugi is controlling them. Bakura is the DM and he's aiming for a total party kill. And the best part is that Yami Yugi and Yami Bakura and both in maximum bullshit mode.

Yami Bakura is increasing his chances by putting the souls he's stolen into his dice and uses them to get critical hits all the time. Yami Yugi devises his own method of getting good rolls every time: he throws one of his die so that it rolls like a top with only the high values on one side, then if uses the other die to knock it over if he ends up with a roll he doesn't like.

When they're fighting the final boss, Bakura starts gaining control of his body piece by piece as the final boss is being destroyed, and he tries to help Yugi and friends out .So Yami Bakura solves the problem by mutilating the hand Bakura controls with the steeple of Bakura's model castle.

What's also really cool is that it's subtle foreshadowing for the end of the series. The final boss in this campaign is a demon lord called Dark Lord Zork, who Yami Bakura controls and is connected to. That's pretty much the same thing as Millennium World, except without the dragon penis.

Uzumaki Goku

My absolute favourite is the first Yami Yugi Vs. Yami Bakura game in the manga. They're playing a simplified pen-and-paper RPG (a la D&D) with a board and model castle that Bakura made. Yugi and friends' consciousnesses are sealed inside the models representing the player's party, and Yami Yugi is controlling them. Bakura is the DM and he's aiming for a total party kill. And the best part is that Yami Yugi and Yami Bakura and both in maximum bullshit mode.

Yami Bakura is increasing his chances by putting the souls he's stolen into his dice and uses them to get critical hits all the time. Yami Yugi devises his own method of getting good rolls every time: he throws one of his die so that it rolls like a top with only the high values on one side, then if uses the other die to knock it over if he ends up with a roll he doesn't like.

When they're fighting the final boss, Bakura starts gaining control of his body piece by piece as the final boss is being destroyed, and he tries to help Yugi and friends out .So Yami Bakura solves the problem by mutilating the hand Bakura controls with the steeple of Bakura's model castle.

What's also really cool is that it's subtle foreshadowing for the end of the series. The final boss in this campaign is a demon lord called Dark Lord Zork, who Yami Bakura controls and is connected to. That's pretty much the same thing as Millennium World, except without the dragon penis.

"I say that plot line made a lot more sense in the original manga."

Slayven

There was a guy in GX who's deck was based on being drunk, but instead of Drunken Angel or Drunken Knight they just said they were "Dizzy"

Isotope

Personal favorite is Kaiba tributing Obelisk for Blue-Eyes against Ishizu. Its definitely the music that does it for me, which made me appreciate the scene more when I rewatched Battle City over the Summer.

Why didn't Ishizu use Blast Held By A Tribute on Blue-Eyes tho.

More recently, Shun vs Sora in Arc-V is phenomenal. Full of emotions, it's still one of, if not, the best duel in Arc-V right now (for me at least). Much like the previous scene, the music really helps with the scene/duel.

Fj0823

Personal favorite is Kaiba tributing Obelisk for Blue-Eyes against Ishizu. Its definitely the music that does it for me, which made me appreciate the scene more when I rewatched Battle City over the Summer.

Why didn't Ishizu use Blast Held By A Tribute on Blue-Eyes tho.

More recently, Shun vs Sora in Arc-V is phenomenal. Full of emotions, it's still one of, if not the best, duel in Arc-V right now (for me at least). Much like the previous scene, the music really helps with the scene.

Yeah, Shun vs Sora set the tone for thea rest of the series in a single duel

Gorillaz

Battle city had too many moments.

Kaiba sacrifice obelisk to beat Mariks sister
Yugioh using that loophole to beat the mime
Dark magical girl coming in clutch to win in her first appearance in the show
Mail taking thst L to Ra
Bakura taking that L to Marik

Only other thing outside of battle city was Rafael fucking up yugi

Does anyone know if the dub of Dark Side of Dimensions retains the music of the original japanese release? Or did they decide to throw out all the music like they did with the dub of the show?

I heard a preview of the OST from the japanese release and it's going to rock my fucking boat if the music got canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom