• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 DLC Pack 4 Revealed (Spoilers)

Fj0823

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-switch-launches-fall-japan

Anounced together with the Switch Version

Apparently just 2 characters

Merged Zamasu

black_y_zamasu_fusion_merged_zamasu_2_by_naironkr-dampvsy.png

The Zamasu from Trunks's Timeline was granted immortality by the Super Dragon Balls while the Zamasu from a different timeline wished to steal Goku's body to become Goku Black.

These 2 Zamasus join forces to erradicate all mortal life on all universes. When Trunks finally manages to corner them, they reveal their final Trump card, as Kais they have access to Potara Fusion!

Merged Zamasu is a God in every sense, he can create Suns, Summon Dark energy and shape it like a Phoenix, make thunder rain from the Sky....or If you read the manga he throws some Legos at you, you filthy ningen!

While his new form is the strongest villain our heroes have faced, fusing a mortal body with an immortal one might not have been a such a good idea...

52aadb0f9846dad97f34e11623cfec8357b5689f_hq.gif

Vegito Blue

To face a fusion, our heroes obviously use a fusion of their own. Don't act so surprised!

Vegito now has access to the godly powers of Super Saiyan Blue creating the strongest mortal warrior in the universe. (Unless you count Gods of Destruction), and has now access to powerful attacks like the Final Kamehameha

Problem is, we now know why Vegito defused inside Buu, Potara Fusion only lasts one hour for mortals!! And not only that, a Mortal body using godly powers burns the fusion time even faster!!

Vegito must race against time to defeat Zamasu as he is the last hope for mortal life...or is he?

tumblr_og8tk5fP0X1ujwg5zo1_500.gif

The DLC will also include PQ's, Masters and Cosmetics.

DAX2M0UV0AEKYwn.jpg

DAX2N5OUQAAHsCJ.jpg

DAX2PBzUAAAPt_o.jpg

No word on that transformation or that one move for Future Trunks though...But hey, at least we got Bojack!!

chaosaeon

GT shit. Pay no attention.

Honestly, super saiyan blue and super saiyan god are just as stupid and kind of belong more in GT in the first place. GT is terrible, but at least SS4 had a creative look that fit the saiyan bill. Blue and god are literally palette swaps like somebody ran out of ideas. Can't wait for super saiyan green and purple which will be even stronger because new color lol, and then super saiyan galaxy god with stars in their hair because now the universe is actually contained within it oooh.

Lynx_7

Are there going to be any more packs or is this the last one? I'm tying to gauge whether or not it's really worth spending so much money on a season pass.

Sephzilla

Honestly, super saiyan blue and super saiyan god are just as stupid and kind of belong more in GT in the first place. GT is terrible, but at least SS4 had a creative look that fit the saiyan bill. Blue and god are literally palette swaps like somebody ran out of ideas. Can't wait for super saiyan green and purple which will be even stronger because new color lol, and then super saiyan galaxy god with stars in their hair because now the universe is actually contained within it oooh.

SSJ4 looks horrible and deserves to be forgotten

SSJ4 is awful. I'd rather get palette swaps.

Fj0823

Adding sparks to SSJ1 however, is genius.

Blue and God are more than a color swap, there's little details that make it look cool.

SSJ4 goes against everything Goku rejected about the Saiyans in Z, which is the reason he got Super Saiyan in the first place. GT stays losing.

Wait they said something about the switch version?

Yes, its been discussed in another thread.

They should have included his mutated form but that probably would have been too much work for them when they could just throw in his regular form.

Adding sparks to SSJ1 however, is genius.

Blue and God are more than a color swap, there's little details that make it look cool.

SSJ4 goes against everything Goku rejected about the Saiyans in Z, which is the reason he got Super Saiyan in the first place.
GT stays losing.

Yes, its been discussed in another thread.

Lol, what? Goku became a SS because he got insanely pissed, not because he rejected being a saiyan.

Fj0823

Lol, what? Goku became a SS because he got insanely pissed, not because he rejected being a saiyan.

Super Saiyan requires a pure heart and. getting pissed.In this case, Goku's heart is pure because he rejected being a saiyan and chose to be Goku, he hated the idea of being a giant monkey destroying everything. He just likes to fight.

Vegeta got SSJ after he lost his tail and started to train instead of relying on his monkey powers.

Gohan too.

Goten and Trunks got SSJ earlier than anyone and they were born without tails.

Tails and Monkey form were just holding them back.

And then in GT, yo Goku you need a tail to be the strongest super saiyan!! Talk about BS.

Thankfully Toriyama himself is spelling it out in Super with the U6 saiyans not having tails because they are much more evolved. Seems the GT guys were not the only ones to not get it.

Super Saiyan requires a pure heart and. getting pissed. Goku's heart is pure because he rejected being a saiyan and chose to be Goku, he hated the idea of being a giant monkey destroying everything. He just likes to fight.

Vegeta got SSJ after he lost his tail and started to train instead of relying on his monkey powers.

Gohan too.

Goten and Trunks got SSJ earlier than anyone and they were born without tails.

Tails and Monkey form were just holding them back.

And then in GT, yo Goku you need a tail to be the strongest super saiyan!! Talk about BS.

Thankfully Toriyama himself is spelling it out in Super with the U6 saiyans not having tails because they are much more evolved.

I mean...where are you getting this from lol? None of this is in the show, like at all.

bethore

Wait, potara fusion was retcon to be a temporary fusion? I heard Super was bad, but I had no idea it just threw stuff out from DBZ. Then again, Toriyama isn't exactly known for his writing and continuity.

Fj0823

Wait, potara fusion was retcon to be a temporary fusion? I heard Super was bad, but I had no idea it just threw stuff out from DBZ. Then again, Toriyama isn't exactly known for his writing and continuity.

In Z it was never explained why Vegito defused. Goku just made a guess. The consistency error comes directly from Z

Super actually expands on DB and Z a lot. Don't form your opinions based just on what you hear! :p

I mean...where are you getting this from lol? None of this is in the show, like at all.

It's obvious that Saiyans get Super Saiyan as a better alternative to monkey form, not because of the tail.

The series spells it out, they always get SSJ after losing their tails or not having one, its obvious you don't need one to get the power or expand it.

The tail being "required" for SSJ max potential is BS.

SSJ is pure heart + anger to unlock, training or even more anger to improve it.

Goku's purity comes from him being a good guy and rejecting the saiyan ways. His anger came from watching his friend die. From there every improvement to SSJ was earned through training or being pissed.

I'm guessing you watched the English dub or something? It was clear for me in the original version.

GT throws that out of the window, has Goku get his tail back in a dumb manner, and then he looks at the moon, only this time it gets him a new form for some reason. Because the tail was the key all along.

Also:

They had them long ago,not anymore.

Toriyama (or Toyotaro, not sure) then stated they lost it through evolution as they don't need it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

It's not a retcon. More like an explanation for an asspull.

Tsunamo

Xenoverse 1 story mode in the Switch version (or some variation of it) is great. That combined with DLC of it included hopefully might push me to double dip if it runs decently.

TCKaos

Woah, that looks great.

Meanwhile...we got Bojack

And you got a broken Bojack that triggers the wrong audio with Teen Gohan (he'll use Adult Gohan lines).

Meanwhile, the XV2 modding community has:
-Toppo, Jiren, and Dypso (U11's Pride Troopers) and a Pride Troopers costume for your character
-Kale and Caulifla
-Bergamo, Lavender, and Basil
-Android 17 in his Ranger getup, Android 18 in her tracksuit, Master Roshi, Gohan without his bang
-Goku and Vegeta in their RoF gear but with their Super Saiyan Transformations as well as in their normal gear in Super Saiyan Blue
-Copy Vegeta
-Super Saiyan God Vegeta and SSB/SSG Goku with no symbol on his gi (like in the manga)
-Super Saiyan 2 Black, like in the manga

Basically all of these came out nearly the week that the episodes the characters were first featured in aired, and nearly all of them are professional quality.

It's obvious that Saiyans get Super Saiyan as a better alternative to monkey form, not because of the tail.

The series spells it out, they always get SSJ after losing their tails or not having one, its obvious you don't need one to get the power or expand it.

The tail being "required" for SSJ max potential is BS.

SSJ is pure heart + anger to unlock, training or even more anger to improve it.

Goku's purity comes from him being a good guy and rejecting the saiyan ways. His anger came from watching his friend die. From there every improvement to SSJ was earned through training or being pissed.

I'm guessing you watched the English dub or something? It was clear for me in the original version.

GT throws that out of the window, has Goku get his tail back in a dumb manner, and then he looks at the moon, only this time it gets him a new form for some reason. Because the tail was the key all along.

Also:

They had them long ago,not anymore.

Toriyama (or Toyotaro, not sure) then stated they lost it through evolution as they don't need it.

I mean...

royox

People are also working on Super Saiyan Rage Trunks (whatever the hell that even is).

Remember this?

14_eOwyH.jpg

SSRage Trunks is the same but when it happens when you are on SSJ2 level. People tend to forget Trunks was ALSO a half saiyan like Gohan and he also can get ridiculous power ups if their anger breaks.

And you got a broken Bojack that triggers the wrong audio with Teen Gohan (he'll use Adult Gohan lines).

-Toppo, Jiren, and Dypso (U11's Pride Troopers) and a Pride Troopers costume for your character
-Kale and Caulifla
-Android 17 in his Ranger getup, Android 18 in her tracksuit, Master Roshi, Gohan without his bang
-Goku and Vegeta in their RoF gear but with their Super Saiyan Transformations as well as in their normal gear in Super Saiyan Blue
-Copy Vegeta
-Super Saiyan God Vegeta and SSB/SSG Goku with no symbol on his gi (like in the manga)

Basically all of these came out nearly the week that the episodes the characters were first featured in aired, and nearly all of them are professional quality.

wow, I need to get back into xv2(for the mods that is). Is there a place where I can get the stuff I need to mod it?

Kyari

-Kale and Caulifla
-Copy Vegeta

Not to mention Crono and Lucca

TCKaos

wow, I need to get back into xv2(for the mods that is). Is there a place where I can get the stuff I need to mod it?

https://xenoversemods.com/

Also some mods worth checking out:
-Demigra and Final Form Demigra from Dragon Ball Heroes
-Xeno Goku and Vegeta from Dragon Ball Heroes
-SSJ3 Broly, SSJ4 Broly
-This one super cool pack that adds normal-ass Broly
-Androids 13/14/15
-Hatchiyak from Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans
-Karoly Black from Dragon Ball Fusions
-Freeza forms 2 and 3
-That one mod that adds fucking SSJ/2/3 Raditz, Nappa and Turles
-Any of the expert characters, since they make for cool bosses
-Super Baby Vegeta

https://xenoversemods.com/

Also some mods worth checking out:
-Demigra and Final Form Demigra from Dragon Ball Heroes
-Xeno Goku and Vegeta from Dragon Ball Heroes
-SSJ3 Broly, SSJ4 Broly
-This one super cool pack that adds normal-ass Broly
-Androids 13/14/15
-Hatchiyak from Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans
-Karoly Black from Dragon Ball Fusions
-Freeza forms 2 and 3
-That one mod that adds fucking SSJ/2/3 Raditz, Nappa and Turles
-Any of the expert characters, since they make for cool bosses
-Super Baby Vegeta

Broly's face is horrendous in that mod

chaosaeon

Ohh right almost forgot about mods. Has someone made a mod that removes the glossy weird shine on all the characters ? I know someone had a mod for Xenoverse 1 that made all the characters look much better.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
so are they content with DLC packs? You would kinda think they would be pumping these out like every year.

Then again the tournament of power arc is perfect for a xenoverse 3

Fj0823

so are they content with DLC packs? You would kinda think they would be pumping these out like every year.

Then again the tournament of power arc is perfect for a xenoverse 3

I still can't believe they added Bojack over deformed Zamasu or Super Saiyan Rage Trunks

No Grotesque Zamasu is lame as hell.

-Kale and Caulifla
-Copy Vegeta

And one of those have unique movesets, unlike the DLC characters.
I still can't believe they added Bojack over deformed Zamasu or Super Saiyan Rage Trunks
There is a placeholder in the files from the most recent update for another Trunks variation. My guess is that the free update will give us a new variation that allows him to transform into Ikari.

I think it's hilarious that they added regular Bojack in the last pack and it seems we're not getting his full power form at all.

Top Bottom