• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

nowarning

Yeah it's a bit boring at the mo, hit 500 days last week and this is my second account, done absolutely everything so far. I was looking forward to the tournament actually hah

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Baby vegeta dokkans further...? *sigh*

Also do story events return? I want to farm pan medals for when the fusions banner comes around.

The current Baby Vegeta and the future dokkan (Super Baby 1) can be used on the same team and share like 5 links, so having both seems to be a pretty good idea for when LR Frieza comes as they are a very strong pair of agi units from among the available units. LR Frieza is coming before the 2nd Baby Vegeta Dokkan, though.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Hope WT doesn't get postponed to PAX weekend. (Or maybe that would be a good way to waste time when waiting on lines.)

what if they just postpone WT forever and instead give everyone 30 DS, master's marks, a few elder kais, and a bunch of awakening medals, and free DB/GSSR pulls every month?

What do you mean, I'm being unreasonable?

MiTYH

In some weird way I enjoy the grind of the WT. I mean, at least for the first 10-15 matches.

You mean the first 19 wins, but then you lose on number 20 in the final match, ruining the streak then slam the phone down, breaking the screen and swearing to never play it again, but then go back to it an hour later when you have more stamina and have to play with bloodly fingers since the screen is broken but #DokkanIsLife

....Right?

Anyone know if SSBKK is going to cycle round again on the JPN version before the anniversary event ends? He's key to my last set of medals. I'm actually almost done with the main grind too, having all medals but his and 2 elder kai's away from having both Veggie and Goku at max SA. The last thing left after that is to break through the character cost barrier. Looks like I need about 290 to hold all these characters awakened. That's probably going to suck since I'm around 50 levels short of that still.

If they made WT enjoyable more people would play it making it harder to rank

lol. but seriously, Bandai makes the game, it is within their power to widen the brackets, or get rid of global leaderboards altogether and redistribute those rewards in other ways, but then I guess the p2w crowd might not feel like they have the advantage they have now.

It's just crazy because it's like, the grind in microcosm. Nobody likes it, but everyone does it for the rewards, which make it "worth it". If the WT was longer, or the rewards were worse, fewer people would do it. But it's just in that middle ground where most people who play regularly participate because the rewards are good enough, but I don't think it increases anyone's appreciation for the game. From a game design perspective, it's Not Good, imo. I think the best solution would be to completely cut it and redistribute all the rewards across various other activities and login bonuses throughout the month. Encouraging people to log in/play daily is more valuable than incentivizing a 3-5 day intense grind from a player retention perspective too I think. At least for me, it's something I actively dread but feel I have to do, because the rewards are just too good not to. But I'm gonna hate most of it (especially the prelims, as mentioned).

that was my f2p game analysis minute.

Meneses

WTs are probably still a source of income for them, there's probably people out there who buy stones to refresh stamina and keep grinding.

Cruxist

Grinding out WT is soul-sucking. I can't do it. I'm already working my way towards tedious cards like LR Frieza and ultimately Goku. I don't have the stamina for WT.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
WTs are probably still a source of income for them, there's probably people out there who buy stones to refresh stamina and keep grinding.

They're definitely making money off the people who competitively go after the top spots.

You mean the first 19 wins, but then you lose on number 20 in the final match, ruining the streak then slam the phone down, breaking the screen and swearing to never play it again, but then go back to it an hour later when you have more stamina and have to play with bloodly fingers since the screen is broken but #DokkanIsLife

....Right?

giphy.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Grinding out WT is soul-sucking. I can't do it. I'm already working my way towards tedious cards like LR Frieza and ultimately Goku. I don't have the stamina for WT.

The worst part is that even when you go for it, the only really usefull thing you end up with is an extra Elder Kai or two, you will almost never have use for the WT card unless you really need a filler card on a mono team.

The current Baby Vegeta and the future dokkan (Super Baby 1) can be used on the same team and share like 5 links, so having both seems to be a pretty good idea for when LR Frieza comes as they are a very strong pair of agi units from among the available units. LR Frieza is coming before the 2nd Baby Vegeta Dokkan, though.

So...I guess I'm farming another 10 vegetas? Great.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So...I guess I'm farming another 10 vegetas? Great.

My 2nd round was actually really quick. I got a few 2-drops so I averaged out to above a 50% drop.

Also, don't forget to grab at least 2 spare baby medals with satan points if you aren't planning to dokkan the spare Vegeta this go round. You can't buy enough to do both the first and second dokkan during a single run of the event (It takes 7 total, the most you can buy during one event is 6)

I'm not gonna bother farming two sets of GT Vegetas, not really worth it. The first Dokkan isn't so hot, the TUR is good enough, there are plenty of other good AGI event units to fill an SR Frieza team. Especially if I get around to doing LR Goku before Frieza comes out, which I'm actually starting to consider...

Speaking of which, the King Cold medal fight takes FOR-EVER

Anoregon

What teams did people use for OS...pls

I have Super Vegito, so I went with an agi team. Oceanus shenron for seals and GT link with SSJ3 Goku for the big damage.

If you have an undokanned Omega Shenron, STR teams work pretty well too.

Anoregon

Speaking of which, the King Cold medal fight takes FOR-EVER

I actually just did it for the first time with double omegas. Not too bad, but he always wanted to super the saibamen instead of Omega which was a pain in the ass. Omega laughs it off for like 2k damage, but against orange saibamen it's like 30k.

Double Super Vegito, Murasaki for sealing, Whis for healing, and Baby Vegeta and GT Gohan for the GT link

Nice. I got SV, Murasaki, & Whis.

I have Super Vegito, so I went with an agi team. Oceanus shenron for seals and GT link with SSJ3 Goku for the big damage.

If you have an undokanned Omega Shenron, STR teams work pretty well too.

No Oceanus(Really wish they used the previous form instead of the goblin) and no SSJ3 Goku ;_;.

I used a STR mono, Gogeta - SS3 GT Goku - Drilldo - Bee Pan - Buutenks - AGI GF - OS friend. You got a box we can see?

Ye, I was just looking for some suggestions first and if none really fit I was gonna post my box to get recommendations that way. Since I don't got OS but do have SV I'ma do mono-agl

SnakeEyes

Banned
What teams did people use for OS...pls
Funnily enough, I'm using a Mono-STR team with Omega Shenron (undokkaned) as Leader.

Omega Shenron (Leader)
GT SS3 Vegeta
GT Bee Pan
SS3 Vegeta
Gogeta
STR Beerus
Omega Shenron (Friend)

The most important thing to do is keep 2 each of the characters with GT links together each turn, and cycle the rest. Also, when coming out of the starting point, go left and down to get to the cloud that takes you to the first dragon which is the PHY one. Use that fight as a chance to align your characters into where they need to be before taking on the 2nd and 3rd fights. If you're lucky enough, the whole thing will only require 1 Senzu/Dende, but I carry:

- Senzu
- Ghost Usher
- Enma
- Fruit of the Tree of Might

weshes195

So I have a few questions about Awakening and Dokkan Awakening and Supers: In short I don't know how the supers are related (if they are) to awakening.

Should I max out a character's Super first before just doing normal awakening (SR to SR star)?

Should I max out the super before Dokkan awakening (SR star to SRR)?

And Finally, what about situations like these: I have overflowing Resolve Goku at max and I have the chance to dokkan him. However, I already have the angel one it transforms into. Obviously i need to dokkan him if I ever want to make my angel's super stronger, but I have just started Dragonball dokkan (...again) very recently and would probably be disadvantageous to do that.

Would it be wiser to keep that card the same? Wouldn't you want two different cards unless you have multiple of the pre-dokkan card?

Sorry for all these questions, I never was able to get this far in my last play through!

So I have a few questions about Awakening and Dokkan Awakening and Supers: In short I don't know how the supers are related (if they are) to awakening.

Should I max out a character's Super first before just doing normal awakening (SR to SR star)?

Should I max out the super before Dokkan awakening (SR star to SRR)?

And Finally, what about situations like these: I have overflowing Resolve Goku at max and I have the chance to dokkan him. However, I already have the angel one it transforms into. Obviously i need to dokkan him if I ever want to make my angel's super stronger, but I have just started Dragonball dokkan (...again) very recently and would probably be disadvantageous to do that.

Would it be wiser to keep that card the same? Wouldn't you want two different cards unless you have multiple of the pre-dokkan card?

Sorry for all these questions, I never was able to get this far in my last play through!

It really depends. For identical cards, it doesn't matter if you awaken from SR to SSR or SSR to UR, since the SA chance is always 100% when you train them with copies, unless one is TUR and other is not (but then they technically aren't identical cards anymore because the name of the card is different, even if the character name is the same). For cards that are farmable, you always want to raise them to SA10 before awakening then, because the SA-increase chance goes down after you Dokkan awaken them. So Super Strike characters you always wanna raise to SA10 before Dokkan awakening them, but it doesn't matter if they go from SR to SSR, because the card is still identical.

As for your situation, sometimes it can pay to have multiple versions, for example lower cost versions to use on Strikes. In this case, I would dokkan the R Goku into Angel Goku and raise his SA to max, because he can dokkan yet again (and again). The R Goku's not all that useful. You can look at the wiki for stuff like this too. http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Overflowing_Resolve_Goku

Also remember you can't use two cards with identical names on the same team (for example, 2 SSJ Gokus, although you can use SSJ Goku and SSJ Goku (Angel). Some SRs basically exist to up the SA of the SSR version of the same character (at 50% rate) because they're of the same type, and share the same name. For example SR TEQ Beerus' main use is raising the SA of SSR TEQ Beerus. Some events also have farmable cards (like the Buuhan Dokkan event) that exist to up the supers of other cards. This Angel Goku is useful because he's relatively easily farmable and once you awaken this guy to UR he has a 100% chance to raise the SA of the pre-LR Goku card

I hope that answers your question, awakenings and SA raising in this game is quite convoluted because there are different rules that apply in different cases (such as with LR and Super Strike cards). Rule of thumb: If a card is farmable, max SA before Dokkan awakening. Regular Z-awakening doesn't matter for raising SA of identical cards, but a Z-awakened card has a higher chance of raising the SA of a different card with the same character name.

weshes195

It really depends. For identical cards, it doesn't matter if you awaken from SR to SSR or SSR to UR, since the SA chance is always 100% when you train them with copies, unless one is TUR and other is not (but then they technically aren't identical cards anymore because the name of the card is different, even if the character name is the same). For cards that are farmable, you always want to raise them to SA10 before awakening then, because the SA-increase chance goes down after you Dokkan awaken them. So Super Strike characters you always wanna raise to SA10 before Dokkan awakening them, but it doesn't matter if they go from SR to SSR, because the card is still identical.

As for your situation, sometimes it can pay to have multiple versions, for example lower cost versions to use on Strikes. In this case, I would dokkan the R Goku into Angel Goku and raise his SA to max, because he can dokkan yet again (and again). The R Goku's not all that useful. You can look at the wiki for stuff like this too. http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Overflowing_Resolve_Goku

Also remember you can't use two cards with identical names on the same team (for example, 2 SSJ Gokus, although you can use SSJ Goku and SSJ Goku (Angel). Some SRs basically exist to up the SA of the SSR version of the same character (at 50% rate) because they're of the same type, and share the same name. For example SR TEQ Beerus' main use is raising the SA of SSR TEQ Beerus. Some events also have farmable cards (like the Buuhan Dokkan event) that exist to up the supers of other cards. This Angel Goku is useful because he's relatively easily farmable and once you awaken this guy to UR he has a 100% chance to raise the SA of the pre-LR Goku card

I hope that answers your question, awakenings and SA raising in this game is quite convoluted because there are different rules that apply in different cases (such as with LR and Super Strike cards). Rule of thumb: If a card is farmable, max SA before Dokkan awakening. Regular Z-awakening doesn't matter for raising SA of identical cards, but a Z-awakened card has a higher chance of raising the SA of a different card with the same character name.

That's awesome information, thank you! And I feel dumb, don't know how I missed Angel turning into Saian! Sweet, I'll go farm some angels and then transform him! Thanks, that really helped!

So any recommendations for a Mono-AGL using my box? I figure double SV, Whis, and Murasaki are good starts so who are the last 3?

Skip Whis and put GT Trunks and SSG Goku. SSJ2 Goku is also a good choice until you awaken the SSB Goku for his amazing damage.

So it should look like this.

SV
SSG Goku
SSJ2 Goku
SSJ Trunks GT
Murasaki
Androids
Friend SV

Switch out Murasaki for a UR if you really don't need the super sealing.

Skip Whis and put GT Trunks and SSG Goku. SSJ2 Goku is also a good choice until you awaken the SSB Goku for his amazing damage.

So it should look like this.

SV
SSG Goku
SSJ2 Goku
SSJ Trunks GT
Murasaki
Androids
Friend SV

Switch out Murasaki for a UR if you really don't need the super sealing.
ah okay, thanks. Just waiting on the dupe system before DAing SSB. Def need super sealing, if not for OS, but for the previous battles.

Edit: lol fuck OS. Have to though two fights then two phases. By the time I get to OS I have no baba, 1 senzu, 2 ushers, no Yama. Bullshit to make me fight so many assholes and then I don't even get their drops because "lol two phases".

MisterMac

Life is good on the Japanese version of the game right now. SSJ4 Vegeta is SA10 and has as much of the ability System as I can fill in without a dupe. Rosé is SA4 and I am starting work on his ability grid. Got the medals to dokkan awaken Rosé and SSJ3 Goku. Already awakened Super Vegito and SSJ4 Vegeta. Just need SSBKK medals for my SSB(hold the KK) Goku. And to sweeten the deal I was doing singles and got a dupe Rosé.

When I get the cost my AGL team is gonna be great

TUR SSJ4 Vegeta
TUR SSJR Goku Black
TUR Super Vegito
TUR SSJ3 Goku
TUR SSB Goku
UR SSJ3 Kid Goku (GT)

Vegeta and Rosé greatly lower defense and SSJ3 Goku lowers defense. With a friend SSJ4 Vegeta I'll be greatly lowering defense every turn. Twice a turn of Black is up.

The ability System is great. I had one fight against SSJ4 Vegeta go: Dodge and Counter for 90k. Dokkan attack for 763k. Additional attack for another 700k. It was beautiful. I checked my attack in fight once and burst out laughing cause SSJ4 Vegeta had 175k attack with his passive and links active. Madness

Meanwhile on Global: pop in, burn all my stamina on Bulma's event, go back to playing on Japan.

ah okay, thanks. Just waiting on the dupe system before DAing SSB. Def need super sealing, if not for OS, but for the previous battles.

Edit: lol fuck OS. Have to though two fights then two phases. By the time I get to OS I have no baba, 1 senzu, 2 ushers, no Yama. Bullshit to make me fight so many assholes and then I don't even get their drops because "lol two phases".

If your having trouble with Eis and Nouva Shenron, Focus on taking out Eis First since you're using a mono agl then you can focus on Nouva.

The Team I used to beat OS:

Super Vegito
Whis (Up to 3 free senzus)
Baby Vegeta (SA level 10)
Gt Gohan (Greatly lowering defense)
Gt 30th aniversarry Goku (I needed to fill some Gt space)
Ninja Murisaki (Sealing and I don't have Oceanus)
and took a friend Vegito

The hardest part was fighting Syn where his supers are about 80K then it gets easier with Omega

Life is good on the Japanese version of the game right now. SSJ4 Vegeta is SA10 and has as much of the ability System as I can fill in without a dupe. Rosé is SA4 and I am starting work on his ability grid. Got the medals to dokkan awaken Rosé and SSJ3 Goku. Already awakened Super Vegito and SSJ4 Vegeta. Just need SSBKK medals for my SSB(hold the KK) Goku. And to sweeten the deal I was doing singles and got a dupe Rosé.

When I get the cost my AGL team is gonna be great

TUR SSJ4 Vegeta
TUR SSJR Goku Black
TUR Super Vegito
TUR SSJ3 Goku
TUR SSB Goku
UR SSJ3 Kid Goku (GT)

Vegeta and Rosé greatly lower defense and SSJ3 Goku lowers defense. With a friend SSJ4 Vegeta I'll be greatly lowering defense every turn. Twice a turn of Black is up.

The ability System is great. I had one fight against SSJ4 Vegeta go: Dodge and Counter for 90k. Dokkan attack for 763k. Additional attack for another 700k. It was beautiful. I checked my attack in fight once and burst out laughing cause SSJ4 Vegeta had 175k attack with his passive and links active. Madness

Meanwhile on Global: pop in, burn all my stamina on Bulma's event, go back to playing on Japan.

Eh? SSJ4 Vegeta can't counter naturally nor is there an ability you can for countering.

Meneses

It's not hard. It's only time consuming. I came up with a good strategy on how to deal with him painlessly. Takes about 7-10 mins and you barely ever need to restart.

Here's my easy mode lr guide.

Team:
Chilled
Tao
King vegeta
Mecha
King cold
Android 16
Friend chilled (a must)

Here's my main difference with most people. The items. Instead of trying to nuke him with dual chilled. I bring Ki items.
Items: dog president, fruit, dende, senzu.

Deal with lr normally during his first two forms. Most of the time we can kill him off with no senzus. Once in awhile you might need 1.

During his third form, go all out. Two fruit and two dog president will give you 8 kis for 3 round. Make sure everyone supers every single time.

Just tried this, pretty good strategy and quite quick and safe.

And if you're lucky with RNG you don't even need to use both the Ki items.

By the end of those 3 rounds you've either killed him, got him down to a sliver of health, or have a Dokkan attack ready to go.

yogloo

Just tried this, pretty good strategy and quite quick and safe.

And if you're lucky with RNG you don't even need to use both the Ki items.

By the end of those 3 rounds you've either killed him, got him down to a sliver of health, or have a Dokkan attack ready to go.
I am pretty proud of it. After I came up with this strategy, my second set of 777 medals went by really quick.

SSJ4 Vegeta can absolutely dodge super attacks and counter them. As can SSJ4 Goku

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Supremacy_of_Super_Saiyans_Super_Saiyan_4_Vegeta

"medium chance to nullify and counter super attacks with Ultra Tremendous power"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_6yHiDAJ50
Ah I'm thinking you were talking about normal counters like Vegito. I have SSJ4 Vegeta and Goku as well and it happens so infrequently against SAs that it never crosses my mind in the same fashion. XD

Actually, I've never seen it happen with my Goku considering I don't think of him as a tank like Vegeta is.

MisterMac

Ah I'm thinking you were talking about normal counters like Vegito. I have SSJ4 Vegeta and Goku as well and it happens so infrequently against SAs that it never crosses my mind in the same fashion. XD

Actually, I've never seen it happen with my Goku considering I don't think of him as a tank like Vegeta is.

I'm so cheap about items on my JP account I constantly will close the app if an enemy supers and move Vegeta in front in case he counters. It happens enough, not enough to count on but enough!

I'm so cheap about items on my JP account I constantly will close the app if an enemy supers and move Vegeta in front in case he counters. It happens enough, not enough to count on but enough!
It's amazing how tanky he is. Definitely the better overall card over Goku and in general.

Aiii

So not worth it
Pulled STR SSGSS Vegeta on the free banner today, it's been kind to me, but this is the best pull on it yet.

MisterMac

It's amazing how tanky he is. Definitely the better overall card over Goku and in general.

I just finished off the SSBKK medals I need. SSBKK's super only hits SSJ4 Vegeta for 29-35k. It's madness. AGL cards also can unlock a double attack ability node without a dupe. I'm probably gonna drop more stones on his banner and try for a dupe and if Vegito Blue pops up move to Goku's banner and try a sick rainbow.

Pulled STR SSGSS Vegeta on the free banner today, it's been kind to me, but this is the best pull on it yet.

That's awesome! I have him on Global and desperately awaiting his dokkan. My best full was AGL SSGSS Goku. I'm hoping before the event ends I can pull the AGL SSGSS Vegeta to round my team out.

Top Bottom