• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

It's amazing how tanky he is. Definitely the better overall card over Goku and in general.

FWIW Goku at max SA does hit hard as hell. Still doesn't put him on Vegeta's level but when you get a double special out of Goku that's going to be an insane amount of damage. I'm already hitting hard with him at SA9 but with the last elder kai it's going to open a few slots with double attack on the dupe system board. I'm very torn between which I prefer. My Veggie team is amazing, with a number of choices to suit the situation too. My Goku team is a little less impressive, but with the invincible golden ape showing up occasionally it's a really fun deck to use.

MisterMac

Japan is too good guys. I'm not trying to be team Global gets shafted but the stones flow better, the pulls are better, the app runs better and faster.

sqQppXR.jpg

Shouta

Considering the fact that we're entering the Universe Survival arc in Super, I decided load up the game again. I didn't get squat on my GL account even with the free SSR card so I decided to just go play the JP version.

Took me a few rerolls but I got SS4 Vegeta. I actually got him during the rerolls but didn't realize it and erased my data. Woof. I had to reroll for awhile to get a second one. Now I just gotta get lucky and pull Super Vegito and I'll have a really good pair of AGL units to do stuff in JP.

Also, the power creep is nuts.

SSB Vegito is awakened. So annoying that dokkaned SSJ4 Goku are so rare. Go beat the event people! Its pretty easy by grabbing all those awakened SSJ4 Vegeta that seems to be the only one dokkaned out of the 2 SSJ4s. Which is weird since the Goku event is easier due to SSJ4 Vegeta being a thing.

Next on the list is Rose when/if he comes back. Have to work on Goku dokkan myself once my AGL is all awakened and can handle the fight.

SSB Goku AGL also needs to be awakened and thankfully its only 35 medals and my SSB team with mostly TEQ should do the job.

MisterMac

Considering the fact that we're entering the Universe Survival arc in Super, I decided load up the game again. I didn't get squat on my GL account even with the free SSR card so I decided to just go play the JP version.

Took me a few rerolls but I got SS4 Vegeta. I actually got him during the rerolls but didn't realize it and erased my data. Woof. I had to reroll for awhile to get a second one. Now I just gotta get lucky and pull Super Vegito and I'll have a really good pair of AGL units to do stuff in JP.

Also, the power creep is nuts.

You can also buy AGL SSJ3 Goky with the red Dragon Stone from Baba's Shop. He's not the best of the best but he's still pretty good.

I think I'll grab Broly with my second red stone as well for the tourneys and then some since I have a somewhat decent Extreme starter team with TUR Rose. I have a feeling we'll get more red stones down the line anyway.

BrunoM

Kinda sucks we not getting the WT had the actual time to play it lol

Well in any case at lest we get the bulma event going at lest I got something to do I haven't done anything other than log in and use up the 50 stamina

yogloo

Are they all at SA 15? Kinda curious how much farming I'd be looking at to get this team going effectively

Yes they are all max Sa.

I think when I hit 100 LR Goku medals today I'm going to bake a pie to celebrate.

Define "quick". :p

7-10 mins per fight with minimal restart. I usually do a few stone refills and get 100-200 medals per week. It's just frustration free. I can actually browse or do whatever I want while farming the medals.

Yes they are all max Sa.

7-10 mins per fight with minimal restart. I usually do a few stone refills and get 100-200 medals per week. It's just frustration free. I can actually browse or do whatever I want while farming the medals.

Is there a reason for Tao over Fattenks besides the stun?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Ahh, I never refill stam so it's like 5 runs a week.

weshes195

So i just realized that they added quite a few more story missions which is great as I am F2p. I was just wondering if they had recently added them and will update more story missions later or if they are done? Not that I am near done with them as I am on 13 stage and still doing Normal.

I just know that was one of the main reasons I stopped the first time. I would have been doing Hard already on the story missions lol

GLOBAL LIVES AGAIN

Uh why?

Because you gotta pay gems to unDA don't you? I hate gem farming.

If your having trouble with Eis and Nouva Shenron, Focus on taking out Eis First since you're using a mono agl then you can focus on Nouva.

The Team I used to beat OS:

Super Vegito
Whis (Up to 3 free senzus)
Baby Vegeta (SA level 10)
Gt Gohan (Greatly lowering defense)
Gt 30th aniversarry Goku (I needed to fill some Gt space)
Ninja Murisaki (Sealing and I don't have Oceanus)
and took a friend Vegito

The hardest part was fighting Syn where his supers are about 80K then it gets easier with Omega
I might try this team. It's such a pain having to go through so many fights, ughhhh.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Did a multi on the STR Banner. Got a bad SSR (surging spirit super trunks), but at least he becomes good when his rebirth hits Global in like 4 months.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Because you gotta pay gems to unDA don't you? I hate gem farming.

I might try this team. It's such a pain having to go through so many fights, ughhhh.

You get one of the items for free and it's only 30 gems to purchase one anyways. I see no reason to hold off on dokkaning especially if you need help clearing events.

Kakaroach

WT only postponed a few days? That's fine I suppose. Was looking forward to it but waiting an extra couple of days isn't bad.

Got 2 broly medals now, so 1 more till I can awaken the free drop.
I kinda want to farm 3 more for androids, but the blazing battle requirement makes the fight such a chore...currently using agl kid trunks, teq ssj goku angel, str saiyaman 2, agl trunks teen for the links and then vegeta giant ape/agl golden freeza to fill it up.

I think that's the best I can do with my box for now

I'd say no way. With WT postponed (maybe only a few days?) and Omega still here, we've got a week or two before Black at least

Omega's Dokkan event is for sure going away in a few days though, and they haven't announced a new date for WT yet. I just want global to hurry up with Rose and VB already!

RedSnake

So... I'm rank 22 and my Omega is level 48. Should I do the SSR pull (the one with Goku, Gohan and Piccolo), try and get Gogeta or some other character?(I have 110 stones)

Also, to raise The super attack I need to get another Omega and "feed" it to my main one, right? That means I needto get 10 more before awakening him?

I'm enjoying the game but there's SO MUCH stuff going on lol. I haven't done any events either and don't know if I should or why I should lol.

Arrrammis

Decided against my better judgement to do a multi on the STR banner, and got SSj3 Goku (GT) who I was really hoping for, and STR SSj2 gohan (dupe) as well! Now, time to try a STR nuke team for this WT, and hope that not too many people are running AGL mono teams (I didn't see too many in the last WT, but we'll see).

So... I'm rank 22 and my Omega is level 48. Should I do the SSR pull (the one with Goku, Gohan and Piccolo), try and get Gogeta or some other character?(I have 110 stones)

Also, to raise The super attack I need to get another Omega and "feed" it to my main one, right? That means I need to get 10 more before awakening him?

I'm enjoying the game but there's SO MUCH stuff going on lol. I haven't done any events either and don't know if I should or why I should lol.

I'd recommend doing 2 more multi pulls on the current Dokkan banner to maybe get SSj3 Vegeta or Gogeta, since you would be able to breeze through all of the story missions with those. The starter SSR banner characters aren't that good, but they can be helpful in filling your team since they have a low team cost (keep in mind that you can buy these in the later part of the story from the Baba shop, so don't worry if you don't get the one you want).

For raising the super attack, you either feed the same card like you mentioned or you can use Elder Kai cards, which mainly come from missions, world tournaments, or special pulls (like the current STR only banner), and are very valuable, because Elder Kais raise the SA of any other card in the game. You can awaken cards normally (SSR-> UR) and still use the same card to level their SA, but once you dokkan awaken them (i.e. their name changes), you'll have to use an item to temporarily un-dokkan them to raise their SA using dupes. There's a new dupe system coming soon to global, so it might be better to just hang on to duplicate SSR's for now instead of raising SA.

Yeah, it can be kind of overwhelming at first. For now I think you can just go through the story until you feel like you have a good team, do some strike missions occasionally to get more characters (these rotate daily), and just experiment with the game in general. Most of the Dokkan events aren't necessary until you've completed the story on all difficulties (although they do help a bit), and they require really good teams, which you might not have ready until rank 120+.

Also, to raise The super attack I need to get another Omega and "feed" it to my main one, right? That means I needto get 10 more before awakening him?

Yeah get the free SSR and pray for Goku or Piccolo since Gohan sucks. Try for Gogeta but don't spend more than 200 stones on the banner.

You don't need 10 Omega Shenrons. There is this unit called Elder Kai ritual which can up the SA of a unit by 1 or Santa Roshi but thats only for the Christmas time.

You get them from the Baba shop from farming event medals or by placing well in the World Tournament. Sometimes they are a reward.

Aiii

So not worth it
Omega's Dokkan event is for sure going away in a few days though, and they haven't announced a new date for WT yet. I just want global to hurry up with Rose and VB already!

It will be mid April before we see those, given that the ticket banner is scheduled for start of April.

Meneses

March will probably have the first appearance of Black, and maybe the Fusions banners (is that game out already in the west?).

March will probably have the first appearance of Black, and maybe the Fusions banners (is that game out already in the west?).

Fusions is out everywhere now. Still have no idea if we'll get that and Heroes banners, I think they should be after Omega if we get them at all. edit: Heroes was before Omega, Fusions just after in JP http://www.dbzdokkanstats.com/jpngachas/ I doubt we'll see Heroes, maybe Fusions, otherwise maybe a Rising Dragon banner this week until Black?

And yeah I know VB and Rose are after the ticket banner, just saying... I want them badly...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It really sucks that the Heroes units look unlikely. That Str Pikkon is great for an Omega team.

So I pulled gt ssj3 vegeta, and now I'm making some changes to my mono str team.
Currently I replaced android 18 with vegeta, but I wonder if it's worth replacing saiyaman instead.
His links with saiyaman 2 are great, but I feel like android 18's passive is overall more useful, plus she would still link with saiyaman 2 for battlefield divas.

Tried to do SSJ4 Goku dokkan event and got laughed at by Golden Ape Goku after the struggle that was AGL SSJ3 GT Goku. Stupidly OP event. Should run it using AGL I guess but man thats annoying. I have an awesome Mono STR team too so that shouldn't be an issue.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, get the starter SSR pull out of the way, as it's a net-positive stones as it's required for the beginner quests.(gets you like 10 stones by the end)

I wish Global did something like the Heroes/Villains events on the weekends. I think Japan does that.

Fusions came out twice since 3 of the cards received dokkans later on. The first time Fusions came out was like before Buuhan

Wow. If not this week, then I doubt we'll ever get them. Personally not too upset about it, they're decent units but nothing amazing, they are fun though. I like what-if stuff (except that Tien horror). And yeah Pikkon from Heroes is legit great, Baby Janemba is pretty great too. I heard there were some licensing issues with that banner but idk how, you'd think Bamco owns their own characters...

Tried to do SSJ4 Goku dokkan event and got laughed at by Golden Ape Goku after the struggle that was AGL SSJ3 GT Goku. Stupidly OP event. Should run it using AGL I guess but man thats annoying. I have an awesome Mono STR team too so that shouldn't be an issue.

FWIW at least with the Goku one it only has 3 stages, so one more after the ape. The Veggie one is considerably harder IMO since it has a 4th stage.

Tamanon

Banned
I think we'll get Fusions, if only because the game it's based on is actually out here now. They probably varied the schedule due to it not being out yet.

Kettch

Hm, are the type advantage/defense skills on the ability grid worth getting at all? From what I understand, it only helps you do more damage/take less damage when say your AGL character is going up against a STR opponent...in which case I don't think I would ever care, because that opponent would get annihilated.

Am I missing anything with it? It only works with type and not Super vs. Extreme right?

Messing with the dupe system and it is amazing. But 4 dupes required is way too much for 1 character. They should make an item like the Elder Kai ritual to unlock those Dupe nodes.

Top Bottom