• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Arrrammis

Is there a list somewhere of which and how many awakening medals I need for LR Androids? I can't remember if and how many SSj3 Vegeta and Super Gogeta medals I need.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
DS Sale with an added bonus "Movie Battle Scroll". You can get a character with this scroll (like the blue dragon stone) No info on what character you can get from the scroll.

More guaranteed cards if you pay money. So paying money might actually start being worth it

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Japan getting so much dope shit while us global plebs still begging for mediocre shit like Black, lel.

Kid Vegeta is getting a super strike, so he will likely end up the mini-god for Agi and thus make the LR freeza event easier for folks without the LR Goku crutch. Then again by the time it hits global I could have an LR goku if I manage to finish a super strike team and start doing a few runs every saturday.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DS Sale with an added bonus "Movie Battle Scroll". You can get a character with this scroll (like the blue dragon stone) No info on what character you can get from the scroll.

More guaranteed cards if you pay money. So paying money might actually start being worth it

After striking out forever on Super Vegito, I'm fine with this.

Gotta admit it's getting kinda hard being so far behind JP on literally everything... they're like 2 meta shifts ahead of global now, meanwhile we're in a really boring slump. I know it'll pick up eventually and we'll get 99% of the cool shit, but at the same time even missing out (probably) on stuff like the Heroes and Valentines banners bums me out. It's possible we'll see both those things but I'm not holding my breath. I don't really mind being behind a few weeks but 4-6 months is a LOT and it really emphasizes how ephemeral all this shit is. Got a god lead? Great, he's already B-tier in Japan.

I say you should go with mono TEQ and try that out and see if it works. Do you have Dokkaned TEQ Saiyaman 2?

Anyways

Lead Skinnytenks 3rd slot always
Golden Frieza
Saiyamen 2 Videl
Future Gohan
Mighty Mask
Jackie Chun
Friend Godtenks SA 10

If not then mono STR

Lead Omega
SSJ3 Vegeta GT
2nd form Frieza who disables Guard at 5ki or more
Great Saiyaman 2 Videl
General Rilldo (hopefully dokkaned or go do it ASAP)
SR Yakon who reduces damage from PHY by 30% when blocking and has Shocking Speed for Omega
Friend Omega SA10

Thanks for the tips, I don't have enough medals to dokkan teq videl or rilldo sadly, but I can still build the bulk of either team.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gotta admit it's getting kinda hard being so far behind JP on literally everything... they're like 2 meta shifts ahead of global now, meanwhile we're in a really boring slump. I know it'll pick up eventually and we'll get 99% of the cool shit, but at the same time even missing out (probably) on stuff like the Heroes and Valentines banners bums me out. It's possible we'll see both those things but I'm not holding my breath. I don't really mind being behind a few weeks but 4-6 months is a LOT and it really emphasizes how ephemeral all this shit is. Got a god lead? Great, he's already B-tier in Japan.

This is exactly why I exclusively play the Japanese version now.

Cruxist

You know, I might end up pulling on the Phy Cooler banner. I've got all the major extreme Phy cards. FP Frieza, Syn Shenron, Kid Buu, Black, Broly.

I honestly could make a pretty strong team...

Anoregon

I like actually being able to understand what I'm reading, which is why I don't play JP.

Damn moonrunes.

Yup, I'll never play the japan version. Can only only hope the current trend of the glb/jpn gap actually increasing eventually shifts.

Meneses

Gotta admit it's getting kinda hard being so far behind JP on literally everything... they're like 2 meta shifts ahead of global now.

This is what killed it for me. Before, we had something to look forward to, but now there's already something to look forward to after the first thing we were looking forward to arrives.

Also, still no ability system (kinda hope this maintenance is a surprise launch of that feature).

edit: at one point it felt like Global was trying to catch up to Japan, we actually had too much stuff going on, but now that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Anoregon

Yeah they really need to do a month or two of just wall to wall events in Global. Launch shit at a stupid pace, have like a dozen dokkan events up at once or whatever. It would probably work out well for them monetarily as well. It might seem overwhelming or even frustrating for a little bit but it would be worth it in the long run to close the gap a little.

Kettch

I like actually being able to understand what I'm reading, which is why I don't play JP.

Damn moonrunes.

I feel this way with most games, but with Dokkan Battle, there's effectively no story to read. Playing global for so long means I know 90% of the menus/mechanics, and the other 10% have easy to find translations. New stuff gets translated instantly. Cards are easy to look up on the wiki.

It's probably one of the easiest games to play the JP version of.

Anoregon

Got Bye Guys on a friend summon. Got TEQ SR Hercule and a Gold Statue. Kind of feel dead inside.

I got two SSJ3 goku flashes in a row in friend pulls and both were just gold statues. It's what you should expect.

I got two SSJ3 goku flashes in a row in friend pulls and both were just gold statues. It's what you should expect.

Those could have been actual banner cards though. I need the next big banner to drop soon so these friend pulls could stop stealing the luck.

Wondering if I should rush the SSJ4 Dokkan for the last day or not and burn stones but I've better off waiting for it to come back at this point and have a stronger team for the next time.

This is what killed it for me. Before, we had something to look forward to, but now there's already something to look forward to after the first thing we were looking forward to arrives.

Yeah, I'm still excited for Rose and VB but it has to be tempered with the knowledge that a new round of God leads is out like 2-3 months later. Granted, those cards are still important and very viable, so it's not all doom and gloom, but it's definitely less exciting this way. Anyway, even if I wanted to play JP, I lost my account with the last client update because I didn't have a code. And I agree that it being in Japanese is just a hassle, even if I know my way around the UI by heart. Having to consult the wiki for every single card's abilities and link skills is just annoying.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My colleague plays JP when he's got nothing to do in Global, and he's constantly complaining about all the ads JP has too.

The only ads I'm aware of are the ones on the loading screen, even there they aren't very obtrusive and it's mostly just for 2-3 other dragon ball things

It's like how global has the ad for the new arc in Super on the title screen except there's some other videogame they'll have ads for there.

SnakeEyes

Banned
The only ads I'm aware of are the ones on the loading screen, even there they aren't very obtrusive and it's mostly just for 2-3 other dragon ball things

It's like how global has the ad for the new arc in Super on the title screen except there's some other videogame they'll have ads for there.
Similar to using the Daisuki ap, I'm trying to watch episodes of anime there and I constantly get ads for games made by Bamco (DBZ, Naruto etc.), as well as lots of Gundam ones too.

RedSnake

Just wasted 160 dragon stones trying to get Gogeta.

Got a SRR AGL Ult. Gohan and SRR INT (base) Vegetta.

a bit bummed out but whatever. Better stuff will come down the line.

What should I do with all the R's I got? I got some SR dupes as well. Should I keep them or sell/use them as fodder?

Just wasted 160 dragon stones trying to get Gogeta.

Got a SRR AGL Ult. Gohan and SRR INT (base) Vegetta.

a bit bummed out but whatever. Better stuff will come down the line.

What should I do with all the R's I got? I got some SR dupes as well. Should I keep them or sell/use them as fodder?

There is a list of Rs and SRs you should keep, lemme try to find it for you. The others just sell to baba or see if you can up the SA of certain SSRs.

Here you go bud

Sorry to hear about no Gogeta but there is always later. Start saving up and wait for that amazing banner coming down the line.

MisterMac

Japan is only like a meta and a half ahead of us ;)

Even in the age of Super/Extreme teams mono is still equally viable and able to compete in power with the Super/Extreme types. It's just the new SSJ4 overlords that really change the game.

I'm really enjoying the Japanese version. The map speed increase is amazing and I am pretty excited to try boss rush and dokkan battlefield. I went crazy and spent all my stones over the last few days. Didn't pull anything amazing, Syn Shenron, SSJ3 GT Vegeta, PHY Fat Buu, a fourth copy of GT Trunks. Not terrible but not jaw dropping. I was real jealous cause my friend I gave a reroll account to pulled an a dupe SSJ4 Goku and then pulled two SSJ4 Vegetas.

So today I took a break from SRWV and saw a friend texted me asking how many stones I spent. "It's about to be 50 more" I said and dropped the last 50 I had.

Shenron is glowing in the background of the summon animation. No Super Saiyan, "IT'S OVER FRIEZA!" screen crack!! Crap. Crap. Crap. SCOUTER BREAK!! Dupe Super Vegito, not bad!!! Crap. Crap. SSJ4 GOKU! I must have spent 400 stones trying to get him. So worth it. Now I have a fantastic AGL team, most of an amazing STR team, an okay Extreme team with Rosé, and. Now my Vegito Blue Super Team is off the chain

I'm thinking:

Vegito Blue
SSJ4 Vegeta
SSJ4 Goku
SSJ GT Trunks
Super Vegito

And maybe STR Goku and INT Vegito to round it out?

I love the Japanese version

Meneses

At Bamco's HQ:

- Hey guys, players are asking for some "FP Freezer" thing to come back, or something.

- Wtf is that?

- I don't know, give them Ressurection of F, must be that.

I'm not really complaining though, it seems I had only done 5 Normal missions on this. When was the last time this event came around?

Meneses

If that Global Black is actually real, it's a smart way for Bamco to get people to spend stones and stop hoarding for Blue / Rose and the furries.

edit: unless Black is on one of those banners, in which case nevermind lol

If that Global Black is actually real, it's a smart way for Bamco to get people to spend stones and stop hoarding for Blue / Rose and the furries.

He was in Japan, on the Rose banner. Pretty fucking crazy tbh to give a banner unit like Black such a buff for Global only.

Considering pulling on the PHY banner. I really want the stunner Goku and SSJ2 Saiyaman Gohan, that's just one of my favorite cards.

MisterMac

He was in Japan, on the Rose banner. Pretty fucking crazy tbh to give a banner unit like Black such a buff for Global only.

Considering pulling on the PHY banner. I really want the stunner Goku and SSJ2 Saiyaman Gohan, that's just one of my favorite cards.

PHY Black was also on the SSJ4 Goku banner.

I haven't seen that RoF event yet so it must've been like 4+ months since the last time it popped up. Wondering if I should farm a bunch of INT Mecha Friezas and try to dokkan them to raise the SA of my INT TUR GF

also now regretting the many Thousers I've sold to Baba

Cruxist

Pulled 3 times on the Cooler banner. 3 SSR, Phy Gotenks (Yesssssss), STR Perfect Cell (More yesssssss), Phy Broly (dupe but oh well).

Not a bad haul. Obviously was hoping for Cooler, but I have SSJ4 Vegeta. Just glad I can play around with a STR team more now. My older best STR leader was Gogeta...

MiTYH

Man, you know an event is rare if I have gems to get from it. Rerolled on Gogeta when he FIRST came through, and RoF hasn't been back since then? Amazing.

Sitting on both STR 1st forms, an AGL 1st form, a TEQ 2nd form, and SSR TEQ Frieza. Not sure who I'll prioritize, maybe the SSR first, then AGL considering I don't have the "true" Golden Frieza, and anything is better than nothing for some SV goodness

You should not bother to awaken any of your Friezas unless it is to feed them to an actual TUR GF. In fact it's better to hold on to any 1st form Friezas to feed them to LR Frieza later. Most of them are shit anyway.

Oh shit I was missing two stones from rof

Not a great selection for me, I've pulled multiples of nearly all of these guys.
Lol same here. I was about to DA my SSR TEQ Final Form Frieza. Then I saw GF loses SS...Y tho

What you talking bout?

Anoregon

You should not bother to awaken any of your Friezas unless it is to feed them to an actual TUR GF. In fact it's better to hold on to any 1st form Friezas to feed them to LR Frieza later. Most of them are shit anyway.

Yeah, the gold freizas you can make from this event are like, really bad. I have 18 stones to get from running it but have absolutely no inclination to farm medals.

Arrrammis

The only one that I think is really worth it is the dokkan'd STR second form Freeza. The passive (disable enemy guard and enemy def-50%) would be insane on a mono-STR team against an AGL target, worth the lack of useful links IMO.

Otherwise, I'm just gonna stockpile medals so I can dokkan a bunch of Freezas to SA level TEQ Golden freeza if I get him (already have INT and AGL versions, but their SA isn't really that useful).

The only one that I think is really worth it is the dokkan'd STR second form Freeza. The passive (disable enemy guard and enemy def-50%) would be insane on a mono-STR team against an AGL target, worth the lack of useful links IMO.

The fact that there's no ki requirement for the passive is even better compared to second form. I'll probably collect the medals in case I ever get him, but sadly this time I only got 2 first forms and crazy finger beam frieza lol.

Does the disable guard work for the entire round or just Frieza's attack?

Arrrammis

Does the disable guard work for the entire round or just Frieza's attack?

Based on the wording and how other passives work, I assume that it disables the opponents guard for the rest of the turn but not the turn after that, i.e. GF attacks first, then the next two attackers do full damage even with type disadvantage.

Maybe I'm looking too far into this passive, but it really seems like it could let a good mono team take on any opponent, even with type disadvantage.

Top Bottom