• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

flak57

Roshi motherfuckers!

qcTvKGk.jpg

flak57

Damn, nice!

Finally finished mine, the time is so long because I started at work but just now finished later after getting off.

Most of my items were used on Merged Zamasu, the fucker, but no real problems. I definitely wanna try it with Oceanus replacing the Androids, I forgot I had her.

The strat of stalling with Vegeta + Goku (ki for Veg) and doing dmg with Broly the next turn was actually really consistent and not too many of the bosses gave much trouble. Most of the items I used were on Omega Shenron. A big key was planning way ahead for when I wanted to do my dokkan attacks.

Of course I reset the game a lot, lol

It is weird because he's like the fuckin Juggernaut in the movies. Until he dies because they decided the story is over. Maybe everyone will complain loud enough like with PHY Godtenks and they will buff him, that def debuff is ridiculous considering he's still weaker than SSJ4 Goku.

WEEE finally did it. Was real touch and go in a few spots, I thought I was donezo when Zamasu supered for over 100k at the start of a round but I survived with a tactical repositioning reset and Whis saved my ass numerous times. I got super lucky crit/AA streaks on Rose and VB and finished all their forms in a single round each. The biggest trouble spots were Omega and Zamasu. I got lucky on Broly as well this time, but it's RNG city. Glad to be done with it.

Meneses

Was having a shit day at work so I decided to do a Rising Dragon pull just for the hell of it.

Got a rainbow text, then I see AGL, a glimpse of a yellow -haired Vegeta... but it's the fucking normal SSJ from way back when.

fml

No problem! How many times did Whis heal you? I was only able to get 2, sometimes I'd get close to the required 30% and then have Whis on the turn where he's basically useless so tat hurt a lot.
I think I got a lot of mileage from Whis' passive. When possible, I used it for every boss fight. This required tons of resets.

Durden77

The strat of stalling with Vegeta + Goku (ki for Veg) and doing dmg with Broly the next turn was actually really consistent and not too many of the bosses gave much trouble. Most of the items I used were on Omega Shenron. A big key was planning way ahead for when I wanted to do my dokkan attacks.

Of course I reset the game a lot, lol

Impressive, most impressive Master Roshi.

And lol SSJ3 Broly is so stupid. I hope he stays the same and doesn't get changed just because people bitch.

Maxim726X

Haven't even attempted Super 3 yet. Don't know if I want to waste my time since I actually kinda struggled a bit with stage 2 super 2.

I thought I was done after Omega.

... Then I saw the next 4 and said 'fuck this' and quit.

I'm going to need to swap out Zamasu for AGL Whis. Can his passive proc every battle?

I'm thinking of doing
VB
Whis
Godtenks
Gogeta
SSJ3 Vegeta
SV
Friend: VB or Broly

VB would make me more tanky but broly hits like a galaxy. Anyone beat the final rush with this or something similar?

Edit: go away autocorrect I mean tanky not Tammy!

Durden77

I thought I was done after Omega.

... Then I saw the next 4 and said 'fuck this' and quit.

I'm going to need to swap out Zamasu for AGL Whis. Can his passive proc every battle?

Yes, and he's damn near essential for boss rush because of it.

I'm thinking of doing
VB
Whis
Godtenks
Gogeta
SSJ3 Vegeta
SV
Friend: VB or Broly

VB would make me more tanky but broly hits like a galaxy. Anyone beat the final rush with this or something similar?

Edit: go away autocorrect I mean tanky not Tammy!

I think you should be fine with that team, especially having SSJ3 Vegeta. I would suggest VB friend over Broly. The tankyness, counters and leader skill will benefit you more than Broly's raw attack power.

MiTYH

I'm both happy and sad about x2 exp. I'm farming baba gems, so I'm leveling up once every 2 days. Can't help but think it'd be every day if we had the x3...

Yes, and he's damn near essential for boss rush because of it.

I think you should be fine with that team, especially having SSJ3 Vegeta. I would suggest VB friend over Broly. The tankyness, counters and leader skill will benefit you more than Broly's raw attack power.

Fair point.

I was asking for the final rush D: people kept talking about how crazy difficult it was and I didn't want to waste time doing it and just getting my face smashed during the final few fights. I stole your team comp from the 2nd and 3rd one, wasn't sure how well it'd go for the 4th :p.

edit: Just ntocied you had a youtube link to the 4th one and the final post was fighting OS. Ignore me for I am dumb.

Anyone know why I can't train this LR Android card into another lvl 1 LR Android card? It's not locked or anything.

2wtoYGsl.jpg

Only time I see that is if the card being used to train is locked, or the card you are trying to train is at max SA.

I'd say try locking it then unlocking it. Or use that card as the main card and see if you can feed the other LR to him.

I need to ask. Where the hell is this SSJ3 Broly with bright green hair from? I'm fairly certain I've seen every episode of DB and every movie but do not recall him at all.

Durden77

Uggghhh I just beat the hardest boss rush using only 1 Senzu, and I totally could have avoided it it I would have put Whis in rotation at one point instead of Oceanus. Arrrggg!

Fucking Merged Zamasu. I can do this shit.

Was on the final form of Merged Zamasu when he hit me with a super and I quit out to retry my placement. Come back to a notification about having already completed the quest, yadda yadda, and then it game overs me. Oof. Had 2 items left too. Gonna wait till tomorrow to try that again.

Uggghhh I just beat the hardest boss rush using only 1 Senzu, and I totally could have avoided it it I would have put Whis in rotation at one point instead of Oceanus. Arrrggg!

Fucking Merged Zamasu. I can do this shit.

man I was just happy to beat it, this guy over here isn't happy till he's done it itemless smh

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Only problem with using duel VB is between that and links Godtenks is 1ki away from maximum ki :(

That's fine, he still hits plenty hard. Your rotations should be SSJ3 Vegeta/VB and SV/VB. Gotenks can hit the other supers if you link him with Vegeta or SV but it's not necessary. Tanking the most hits with your better tanks, the SV and SSJ3 Vegeta, should be the objective. Gotenks only forced to hit 12 ki when he's next to VB or Gogeta but he shouldn't ever be near Gogeta since he also floats.

That's fine, he still hits plenty hard. Your rotations should be SSJ3 Vegeta/VB and SV/VB. Gotenks can hit the other supers if you link him with Vegeta or SV but it's not necessary. Tanking the most hits with your better tanks, the SV and SSJ3 Vegeta, should be the objective. Gotenks only forced to hit 12 ki when he's next to VB or Gogeta but he shouldn't ever be near Gogeta since he also floats.

Yeh that's how my rotation has been. For a moment I forgot SSJ3 Vegeta has a stun so I was keeping him with Whis, but after I remembered Whis has been cast to float.

I kinda wish there was either a small number in the stun indicator or 2 turns and 1 turn were different colours or something. It kinda sucks when I stun with whis and then the next rotation with SSJ3 Vegeta I have no idea if he stunned the enemy again or not. It's be OP because then you'd be able to stunlock more effectively, but still.

Gonna do my super 2 run. Wish I had Godtenks to use my Heroes team since TEQ Vegito isnt ideal with his stats regardless of passive and his non ssj links.

At least my villains team is pretty strong even without Rose. Good thing friend Rose exists.

My villains team:

Merged Zamasu
Omega Shenron
Perfect Cell (90% dupe system)
Golden Frieza
Buuhan
FP Frieza
Friend: Rose

Zamasu and Rose together

Cell and Freiza together.

Float Buuhan, FP Freiza and Omega Shenron.

Durden77

man I was just happy to beat it, this guy over here isn't happy till he's done it itemless smh

MY HUNGER GROWS

As I mentioned a few times before, my job is super monotonous and I play this game pretty much all day throughout my 8 hour work day to help pass the time.

Boss Rush is AMAZING for me, because now when I'm out of stamina I can just run it and try to make it more and more optimal. It's awesome because since it's so long it burns a lot of time at work, and by the time I'm finished I've got some stamina. Burn the stamina, rinse, repeat, boom I'm home before I know it.

SSB Vegeta is down zero items used, 9 bosses to go erughhhh

edit: Broly is a pain without my MVP Guldo :(

edit: SSJ3 Vegeta & Godtenks were the MVPs. SSJ3 Vegeta stunned Broly constantly(sometimes had to put him in a different position) and Godtenks Crit twice(albeit it took like 15 fuckin turns for the second crit)

Edit: So rose was the easiest due to the ridiculous amount of bonus damage VB gets. Killed the final form in 6 attacks. Had to use a senzu on OS because of that lame lock mechanic. Also had to use an Usher because RNG screwed me badly with Buuhan attacking 3 times and not being stunned by SSJ3 in either 1st or 2nd position and not being stunned by Whis either.

edit: fuck merged zamasu super happy fucker. Literally three turns in a row he just supers. and SSJ3 Vegeta decides to be a useless cunt and not stun...

finally beat it, decided to pull. Rainbow text, no transformation, bye guys ANNNNNNNND Nouva shenron which iirc was actually a good card

Took some breaks to work on a paper, but I pulled it off! Metal Rilldo and Buutenks surprise MVP's. Metamorphosis gave me back around 21K every time it went off, and Rilldo could really tank hits when BBB was active. Didn't even need to use the Ghost, just did it out of complete paranoia during the Trunks fight haha

I'm new to this game but so far Saiyan Spirit SSJ2 Gohan (Youth) and Joy of Destruction Frieza (1st Form) have been carrying me through the story bits lol Can I worry about stuff like medals and Awakening/Dokkan Awakening later? Also should I do Single-Summons or Multi-Summons?

Arrrammis

I'm new to this game but so far Saiyan Spirit SSJ2 Gohan (Youth) and Joy of Destruction Frieza (1st Form) have been carrying me through the story bits lol Can I worry about stuff like medals and Awakening/Dokkan Awakening later? Also should I do Single-Summons or Multi-Summons?

You don't really have to worry about medals and awakening stuff until you start to do the z-hard levels and harder events, just use whatever team you like and you should be fine for now :)

The only difference between multis and single summons is that some banners will have a reward for a multi summon (guaranteed SR, guaranteed SSR, free Elder Kai, summon 3 get one free, etc.), otherwise there's no difference in the rate of good cards.

You don't really have to worry about medals and awakening stuff until you start to do the z-hard levels and harder events, just use whatever team you like and you should be fine for now :)

The only difference between multis and single summons is that some banners will have a reward for a multi summon (guaranteed SR, guaranteed SSR, free Elder Kai, summon 3 get one free, etc.), otherwise there's no difference in the rate of good cards.
Awesome, thanks for the quick response!!
Others will probably have better advice than me haha but since I'm here. A lot of the dokkkan medals from events will become doable the further in you get when you have better units, and unless you're doing it for fun, no need to farm those until you have a unit for them. Regular awakening medals will start to accumulate before you even know it, and just do the events if you need any for a unit right now.

Only difference between single and multi is when a special is going on. For the upcoming SSJ4 events, I believe it'll be a buy 3 get 1 free event, so in that case you'd do multi. Other multi's can give you free elder kai's. Otherwise no, I believe the rates are the same.

Edit: Never mind haha.
Thanks as well :D

Others will probably have better advice than me haha but since I'm here. A lot of the dokkkan medals from events will become doable the further in you get when you have better units, and unless you're doing it for fun, no need to farm those until you have a unit for them. Regular awakening medals will start to accumulate before you even know it, and just do the events if you need any for a unit right now.

Only difference between single and multi is when a special is going on. For the upcoming SSJ4 events, I believe it'll be a buy 3 get 1 free event, so in that case you'd do multi. Other multi's can give you free elder kai's. Otherwise no, I believe the rates are the same.

Edit: Never mind haha.

Question: I got both buucolo and buutenks to SA 9 but I wanna dokkan them can I still feed their non dokkan versions to them so I can raise their SA? Or should I just wait till I pull another one of them since they are pretty common.

Top Bottom