• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Did mission 5 like crazy for that Videl reward only to sell her and Trunks for points lol.

Now farming family medals which is going meh. Gotta make sure my energy will be perfect for that refill at exactly 3am lol.

MiTYH

eq179Xn.png

why

That's pretty good. Only at 5 myself, over 10 for the others.

Question for JPN players regarding the dupe system: I know there's a way to de-dokkan someone to apply dupes, something from the baba shop I believe. But do you need medals again to re=dokkan them, or can you use an item as well?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's pretty good. Only at 5 myself, over 10 for the others.

Question for JPN players regarding the dupe system: I know there's a way to de-dokkan someone to apply dupes, something from the baba shop I believe. But do you need medals again to re=dokkan them, or can you use an item as well?

It's free. The undokkan item costs 30 gems and that's all. I think you get one for free.

Arrrammis

Got SSj3 Goku (GT) from a summon a few weeks ago, gonna try a SA10 Broly nuke for this one I think. With PHY Trunks, TEQ Majin Vegeta, and STR Broly all out, hopefully I won't run into too many mono-AGL teams. Just in case, I'll keep Majin vegeta on the team with a few Over in a Flash links for ki. Here's the full team if anyone is curious:

The +3 ki passive from AGL SSj2 Goku is really nice!

Got SSj3 Goku (GT) from a summon a few weeks ago, gonna try a SA10 Broly nuke for this one I think. With PHY Trunks, TEQ Majin Vegeta, and STR Broly all out, hopefully I won't run into too many mono-AGL teams. Just in case, I'll keep Majin vegeta on the team with a few Over in a Flash links for ki. Here's the full team if anyone is curious:

The +3 ki passive from AGL SSj2 Goku is really nice!

? Why put Majin Vegeta if Broly is strong enough to kill everyone regardless of typing?

Due to SSB Goku being 33%, MV is still the best nuker so you should use him if you have SSB TEQ Goku.

You want more tankiness and ki in your team. Broly has shit ki links. SSJ3 Vegeta is a good choice for tanking. Gogeta is good for those stragglers that end up surviving the AOE.

If you have the TEQ SSJ2 Goku use him instead since he does TEQ and STR both with his passive. Consider using Jaco to get the stun for when Broly isn't in your first turn.

? Why put Majin Vegeta if Broly is strong enough to kill everyone regardless of typing?

Due to SSB Goku being 33%, MV is still the best nuker so you should use him if you have SSB TEQ Goku.

You want more tankiness and ki in your team. Broly has shit ki links. SSJ3 Vegeta is a good choice for tanking. Gogeta is good for those stragglers that end up surviving the AOE.

If you have the TEQ SSJ2 Goku use him instead since he does TEQ and STR both with his passive. Consider using Jaco to get the stun for when Broly isn't in your first turn.

Broly isn't powerful enough to OHKO doe. My team is
TUR Turles for +3ki
STR TUR Broly
PHY TUR Xeno Trunks
TEQ TUR MV Vegeta
AGL TUR SSJ2 Goku for ki passive
and I think TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta idr.

I'm using all Attack Alls because the likelihood of RNG being so shit that all three aren't on the first turn is unlikely.

Arrrammis

I haven't been able to test, so I wasn't sure if Broly would be able to kill a mono-AGL team alone. The rest of my team is focused on Over in a Flash links, so that If Broly isn't good enough to kill a full team or Broly just doesn't show up on a turn, I can still (almost) take out a team since Majin Vegeta is getting a ton of Ki from links. Unfortunately, I don't have SSB Teq Goku, Jaco, or either of the other SSj2 Gokus, soi I can't switch those out. I could use AGL Golden Frieza instead of SSj3 Vegeta, but Vegeta can stun and I don't really notice the damage reduction difference (90% vs. 80%).

BrunoM

Had a similar situation.

Just got my last Goku medal...Felt good. Never have to do that event again.
I'm in the same situation only a bit worst lol

I got 9 brogoku 10 brogoten and 2 of the gohan wtf game I need 5 more of him and I'm done for ever damn lol

BrunoM

3 hours and half left until it starts lol ..

Every one take a nap relax get your redbulls expressos ready ...

Next 3 days will be long lol (for those going got top ranks)

Broly isn't powerful enough to OHKO doe. My team is
TUR Turles for +3ki
STR TUR Broly
PHY TUR Xeno Trunks
TEQ TUR MV Vegeta
AGL TUR SSJ2 Goku for ki passive
and I think TEQ SSJ3 Vegeta idr.

I'm using all Attack Alls because the likelihood of RNG being so shit that all three aren't on the first turn is unlikely.

Well you should be fine if you don't go above like x5 multiplier. But SSJ3GT Goku nuke lead with Broly's stats makes AOE nuking very easy and even without the dokkan for SSJ3GT Goku, about 18 orbs is enough to outright kill most AGL teams.

I haven't been able to test, so I wasn't sure if Broly would be able to kill a mono-AGL team alone. The rest of my team is focused on Over in a Flash links, so that If Broly isn't good enough to kill a full team or Broly just doesn't show up on a turn, I can still (almost) take out a team since Majin Vegeta is getting a ton of Ki from links. Unfortunately, I don't have SSB Teq Goku, Jaco, or either of the other SSj2 Gokus, soi I can't switch those out. I could use AGL Golden Frieza instead of SSj3 Vegeta, but Vegeta can stun and I don't really notice the damage reduction difference (90% vs. 80%).

Well if you don't have any of the units then your team is fine as it is now. Just be careful of supers and have SSJ3 Vegeta tank when possible.

Well you should be fine if you don't go above like x5 multiplier. But SSJ3GT Goku nuke lead with Broly's stats makes AOE nuking very easy and even without the dokkan for SSJ3GT Goku, about 18 orbs is enough to outright kill most AGL teams.

Well if you don't have any of the units then your team is fine as it is now. Just be careful of supers and have SSJ3 Vegeta tank when possible.
I don't got SSJ3 GT Goku :(. Also using INT SSG Goku not SSJ3 Vegeta. He has good links

MisterMac

If you are using a nuke lead Ki links shouldn't be a concern IMO. At higher multipliers you want lots of orbs to ohko so you can avoid taking damage so I would bring Orb changing items and orb changing characters rather than worry about Ki Links.

I wouldn't remove SSJ3 Vegeta. In fact I think he's among the best cards for WT. Absolutely the best blocker, even edging out Janemba. I might use Frieza with him though! Blockers are more important than attackers or Ki links/passive at higher multipliers when using a nuke lead, IMO at least. At 20x my goal is usually to hide behind my blockers and build a nuke naturally if I can or survive until my nuker is out and pop orb changing items.

You could probably lose AGL Goku for Frieza even though he gives Ki. You can make up for the lost Ki we Turles friend whose got the Ki Passive and Shattering the Limit to link with Majin Vegeta to polish off any stragglers who survive Broly.

If you won't be doing 20x then ignore me. At lower multipliers your team will obliterate most enemy teams

Aiii

So not worth it
I think that after we have all the super and extreme +120% leads out of the way, they should move on to other types of god leads, like a Goku that gives +3 ki and 150% increase only to Goku's. and +1 and 100% to Super Saiyan's. Or a Cell that gives the same only to Cell's and Android's respectively

MisterMac

I think that after we have all the super and extreme +120% leads out of the way, they should move on to other types of god leads, like a Goku that gives +3 ki and 150% increase only to Goku's. and +1 and 100% to Super Saiyan's. Or a Cell that gives the same only to Cell's and Android's respectively

To go thematically maybe a Roshi that boosts Z Fighters, a Vegeta that buffs Vegeta Family maybe?

MiTYH

As a SV user during this WT, thank god for Omega finally being released. Seeing lots of teams with him or Gogeta, it's a nice break from all those Majin Vegeta teams (that I'm sure I'll be seeing as I progress)

EDIT: Thanks to some leftover G-SSR tickets, just pulled and got TEQ SSJ Bardock! The one that gets a dokkan in JPN now. Plus it's a new one for me, so I'm very happy. Seem to be in a good bracket too. 5 wins, ranked 5th locally. I'm sure it'll change, but it's fun to see for now. I think I'm sticking with 7x difficulty with my SV team, after 20 wins I'll crank it up. I just remember being at 19 and losing at the final stage last time, that was heartbreaking...

MisterMac

Is it still worth raising MV's SA? Not that I really have the kais to do so, and I lack the TEQ nuke leader, but anyway.

I pumped mine to SA10 but I have the TEQ Nuke Lead. I guess it depends on what multiplier you intend to use and how effective Majin Vegeta might be with a Rosé or Merged Zamasu lead. I have Rosé and Majin Vegeta on my JP account so I'll report back after next WT!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not sure what I want to do for tournament. I have no AoE guys. I might just say fuck it and do my STR team and just hope mono agi isn't still super prevalent.

MiTYH

In a very, very short time I have used up my SV friends. If you're running him this tournament, give me a request! I cleared up some space on my list.

Been doing better than I thought with this team

already got 5 straight wins on x3 without too much effort.
But yeah I can see the value of the attack all cards, took a friend str broly on one of the rounds and he just killed them all in one turn...wish I had that dokkan xeno trunks now.

MisterMac

Everyone must be starting late. I managed to get below 600 for the first time ever. Now to go to sleep and wake up and be out of the 10k bracket.

Been doing better than I thought with this team

already got 5 straight wins on x3 without too much effort.
But yeah I can see the value of the attack all cards, took a friend str broly on one of the rounds and he just killed them all in one turn...wish I had that dokkan xeno trunks now.

It's easy until x5, after that it starts getting harder to one-shot with any Super.

There's not even 100 people on my local leaderboar as of now, I'm 16/97 after 3 wins. Not sure what's going on.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Damn I need some broly friends for my str team dominance.

Meneses

Lol I look away once and I get nailed by literally the first super in 10 runs...rip 10 winstreak.

Yup, that will get you everytime.

You just need to watch the game like a hawk during that 20 win streak, After that, you can relax because who gives a shit anymore, really.

AGI SSJ2 Goku and the recent Baba Goku that dokkaned are great as ki batteries for WT, especially for MV due to the Shattering the Limit link. They also give Ki with their passives. I'm not nuking but I almost never have to use ki items because of them.

Meneses

AGI SSJ2 Goku and the recent Baba Goku that dokkaned are great as ki batteries for WT, especially for MV due to the Shattering the Limit link. They also give Ki with their passives. I'm not nuking but I almost never have to use ki items because of them.

Yeah, those are great.

But i'm nuking and ki doesn't really matter to me, so I just fill my teams with orb changers and middle finger Yamcha.

MiTYH

So far I've spent 2 stones and finished my 8th win. Weekend's a bit busy so I'll try to get maybe 12 or 13 tonight, and finish it up tomorrow for the GSSR. Local rank dropped from 4 --> 7, I figure I'll make top 20 or something. 7x is definitely the safest I can really do without worrying about being surprise superd. Maybe 10, but at this point I'll just finish the 20 runs and then go for extreme difficulty aka item drain.

Haven't seen any bonus teams since the first round of my first run.

Anoregon

I'm at 5 wins, so far I'm staying pretty high in my group, around 15. I'm still expecting to wake up tomorrow and be at like 60.

BrunoM

Guys can any one give me some help ? ...

I been playing the WT hadn't check my rank and at 15 wins wanted to see where I ranked first went to local I'm in second then went to "you" and it says this

Screenshot_2017-03-17-16-58-42.png

WTF I have a 600 day account never done anything that would be called cheating only thing changed my account to a new phone I got about 1 to 2 weeks ago WTF

It's ranking me In local butime not on the actual tornament WTF ...
Screenshot_2017-03-17-16-58-48.png

Any help please ? And is there a way to contact them ? Should I even keep going with the WT ??

Kyou

Wasn't paying close enough attention and it had changed my team in between runs

Hopefully I can manage with this team so I don't lose my streak but that is really annoying. Tempted to just make every team my wt team

Meneses

Hopefully I can manage with this team so I don't lose my streak but that is really annoying. Tempted to just make every team my wt team

This is, indeed, the worst.

Now I always triple check my team when starting a tournament.

edit: my first pull gave me that TEQ Gohan posted above. At least it wasn't a dupe.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

At the start of the tournament it's a good idea to edit your WT team before entering (i.e. swap a guy out then back in). Changing teams while in stage select can get overwritten by a connection loss or app reset, back to whatever it was prior. Editing your team or using it in an event/story is the only way to securely set it.

Top Bottom