• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Khansolo1

Finally done at 4:00 in the morning.
zmJ6oQul.jpg

Finally done at 4:00 in the morning.

Grats!

After a day of grinding...

I didn't NEED to do the TEQ one, but I figured since I was already there grinding may as well knock him out.

The real problem is, since I only recently started playing again, my rank is only 130ish, and I'm hitting my team cap very hard. Going to have to grind out some levels next before I try getting any more TURs.

Aiii

So not worth it
I was gonna buy some stones, but instead I might just buy an account with Trunks and Gohan on it and then start mining stones for Ultimate Gohan pulls, seems like better value.

I was gonna buy some stones, but instead I might just buy an account with Trunks and Gohan on it and then start mining stones for Ultimate Gohan pulls, seems like better value.

?!?!? Wait are you gonna give your all God lead and majority Neo God leads account just for Ulti Gohan and the 2 LRs?

I've only gotten one of those SS2 Teen Gohans before. It was months ago and I baba'd him :( :( :(
New card looks great.

Don't Baba SSRs. Baba dupes at your own risk but never the original card.

_Legacy_

Are there any SSR cards from Baba's treasure that are a must-buy? I've got 800 to spend, wonder if I should focus on the Kai's instead?

I hear the Piccolo with 50% guard bonus could be useful.

You still can't have your account on two separate devices at once, even if facebook linked, right? I just got a new phone that I could put dokkan on but the emulator will still be my primary way to play it probably

Could use some strong GAF friends - just starting out so I don't have much to offer yet in return but it'd be greatly appreciated. I pulled dupes of TEQ Coora (final form) today on the Dokkan festival banner. Not sure how great that is. Anyway, my number is:

Thanks!

Tamanon

Banned
Could use some strong GAF friends - just starting out so I don't have much to offer yet in return but it'd be greatly appreciated. I pulled dupes of TEQ Coora (final form) today on the Dokkan festival banner. Not sure how great that is. Anyway, my number is:

Thanks!

I added ya. Put my LR Goku up as leader for now, go by DejaBuu.

Thanks!

Add yourself to the list. Quote to see it, always share it using the E-mail tags so people have to quote to see it.

Also I'll add you in a sec.

Here is my time for boss rush.

Could have done it a few minutes faster if I wasn't watching my newphew lol. Got lucky with some rotations, crits and additional supers. Gotenks and Buuhan are the most annoying since their passive seems to ignore reducing defense.

I used Whis 2 times for no reason, really didn't need him at all. I didn't get to super like 5 times max with the 3rd unit but usually I'm good about leaving orbs for them.

Rotations were Rose with Zamasu, Black with Broly and floating Buuhan, Omega Shenron and Cell.

Cell is secretly the 2nd best unit in the game imo. He just needs the Immense multiplier for his Super instead of Supreme. He gets +12% ATT AND DEF per orb vs LR Gohan's 15% Attack which kills faster but doesn't defend as well.

Cell tanked so good even with 5 orbs which is 60% reduction in damage.

Zamasu Buuhan and Black have 3 dupes a piece. Cell is Rainbow. Omega has no dupes compared to my Golden Frieza TEQ's 2 dupes but I had no orbs invested in him and Omega's passive is much more useful. Broly doesn't have any dupes but he still crits like crazy. The Rainbow Rose was mostly focused on Additional attack but he crit a lot too.

Here is my time for boss rush.

You beat my time! But you used more items. Calling it a wash.

Weird that TEQ support banner is up so far in advance of Angel Goku. No Goku Black on it either. Advise skipping.

For those curious, Goku Jr releases on the 8th some time. There will be news I'm sure. Also GA Radditz and Vegeta get Dokkans tomorrow.

idonteven

havent played the game in a month or more...sad about all the money i spent on it but its just so boring with no new things

just the same game patern over and over again

havent played the game in a month or more...sad about all the money i spent on it but its just so boring with no new things

just the same game patern over and over again

Yeah it's stale af. No new modes, nothing new to do except farm whatever event is on and the occasional new dokkanfest, and 99% of it is braindead easy once you're set up. I'm still keeping up because it's low impact and my lizard brain enjoys it. But the amount of work that goes into the game is pitiful compared to how much they make off it. I look at f2p games like Future Fight and how much content they add, and how they implement quality of life changes, and dokkan is just sad by comparison. I think Future Fight's pretty shit but that game gets so much content, and their new characters are a lot more labor intensive than a few sprites. Hoping for some sign of life soon. At least release Battlefield or something. The worst part is, being on global we already pretty much know not to expect anything major for the next several months.

I've been theorycrafting a bit because it's still 5 days away before I can test it.
But what team do you guys think would have the easiest time dealing with LR freeza?

Team 1:
Mono agl
Kid vegeta SA15 lead
super strike Vegeta SA15
super baby 1 SA10 (crit)
baby vegeta SA10 (crit)
super strike pikkon SA15
super strike Tien SA 15
kid vegeta friend.

Straight forward mono agl team, pairing the 4 vegeta's together on rotations.

Team 2:
super strike Vegeta SA15 lead
kid vegeta SA15
super baby 1 SA10 (crit)
baby vegeta SA10 (crit)
LR goku SA20 (100%)
Teq bulma SA10 (100%)
super strike Vegeta friend

Banking on LR goku to hit hard here.

Team 3:
super baby 1 SA10 (crit) lead
baby vegeta SA10 (crit)
Otherworld ssj goku SA10 (100%)
LR goku SA20 (100%)
Teq bulma SA10 (100%)
ssj possessed gohan SA10
super baby 1 friend

No ki, but the all types stat boost is juicy; keeping gohan as a floater provides ki to both baby and lr goku.

I've been theorycrafting a bit because it's still 5 days away before I can test it.
But what team do you guys think would have the easiest time dealing with LR freeza?

I think I'd use a double LR Goku lead team with agi subs and Bulma. I did mono AGI with SS Vegeta lead and LR Goku friend because I didn't have LR Goku back then. You do have to pay attention and use the occasional item because it's possible for Frieza to kil you in 1 round from full HP on the last stage, but not that likely. With 2 LR Gokus it won't take more than 2 rounds for the final form. Everyone else would just be there to eat hits.

If you just wanna be super safe, double kid Vegeta leads would proooobably make it impossible to die in 1 round but idk. And it would take longer. I'd try both and see what you prefer.

I've just been using this team recently and it handles LR Frieza with ease. A senzu is rarely used.

LR Goku Rainbow
AGL Super Baby 1 SA10
AGL Kid Vegeta
AGL Angel Vegeta
AGL Whis
AGL Paikuhan
LR Goku Friend (preferably rainbow)

LR Goku has good defense for the fight. You just have to be careful about the occasional super from Stage 3 Frieza which won't kill outright if you're at full health (70k ish damage last time I played, and my overall health was 89k). He's your main offense and melts through the different stages really easily. Like Human Trashcan said, everyone else up there is just for eating damage, or in Whis' case, having an extra heal. Angel Vegeta gives Goku 1 ki as well via links.

Hm, thought we were going to get some new content today.

Oh well, I have 2 more SR PHY SS Gokus to dokkan for rainbow PHY SSG Goku. This Battle of Gods event is lame. Wiki says 70% medal drop but it's been more like 30% for me.

Looks like we're getting Potential Orb missions on 9/8 as well! Woohoo!
50 small, 20 medium and 7 large of every type for 20 days (1000 small, 400 medium and 140 large)

Cruxist

Finally Dokkaned SSJ4 Gogeta yesterday on my JPN account. What a beast. Still only SA6, but that team is putting in work. I'm not nearly close to optimal, I still have STR Gogeta and Teq Gotenks, but it feels so good. And I've got a super sealer, not that that matters for newer events.

Hey Guys what team did you use to beat SS4 Gogeta?

LAUOZGbl.jpg

Everybody's maxed out in terms of SA and at the very least the bottom right potential path aside from Janemba and 13. It's just a lovely mix of the following...

First round:
Piccolo - Tank/Dodge/Decent Damage @ SA20
LR Gohan - Damage
Floater - Trunks (Damage/Orb Change), Turles (Stun/+3 Ki), 13 (Orb Change)

Second round:
Janemba - Tank/Dodge/Heal via Metamorphosis link with Buuhan/13
Buuhan - Damage/Heal/Heal via Metamorphosis link
Floater - Trunks (Damage/Orb Change), Turles (Stun/+3 Ki), 13 (Orb Change/Heal)

Rarely ever have to use items. Easy peasy.

I've currently switched out Turles with SSB Vegeta. Aside from that, same story.

Probably not, unfortunately. You have other guys you can focus on dokkaning first. Since SS4 Gogeta doesn't have a leader skill yet, he'll still be a monster on a mono-teq or a mono-super team without being a leader.

You should focus your dokkaning on:
PHY Black (Also up his super attack with farmable drops)
STR Gogeta
PHY FP Frieza
AGL SSB Goku
AGL SSB Vegeta
AGL Ultimate Gohan
AGL SS3 Goku
AGL Golden Frieza
TEQ SS3 Gogeta

You actually have the makings of a pretty good mono-agl team that will carry you through a lot of events. Unfortunately since SS4 Gogeta is mostly TEQ, it's not one of those.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah it's stale af. No new modes, nothing new to do except farm whatever event is on and the occasional new dokkanfest, and 99% of it is braindead easy once you're set up. I'm still keeping up because it's low impact and my lizard brain enjoys it. But the amount of work that goes into the game is pitiful compared to how much they make off it. I look at f2p games like Future Fight and how much content they add, and how they implement quality of life changes, and dokkan is just sad by comparison. I think Future Fight's pretty shit but that game gets so much content, and their new characters are a lot more labor intensive than a few sprites. Hoping for some sign of life soon. At least release Battlefield or something. The worst part is, being on global we already pretty much know not to expect anything major for the next several months.

I have to agree....with my Super/Villian team i can clear every Dokkan event, i dont really care about WT or farming LR....so its just waiting for new Events or new units i pull and farm there Dokkan medals.

I hope i can save up a bit again so i can pull a couple of times once we get the new Gohan...but as of now i wondering what im even pulling for since i can clear the content. Would love to get SSJ4 Vegeta for my AGL team tough...but yeah...kinda difficult to figure out what to do or why you are improving your team right now lol.

Aurizen

Probably not, unfortunately. You have other guys you can focus on dokkaning first. Since SS4 Gogeta doesn't have a leader skill yet, he'll still be a monster on a mono-teq or a mono-super team without being a leader.

You should focus your dokkaning on:
PHY Black (Also up his super attack with farmable drops)
STR Gogeta
PHY FP Frieza
AGL SSB Goku
AGL SSB Vegeta
AGL Ultimate Gohan
AGL SS3 Goku
AGL Golden Frieza
TEQ SS3 Gogeta

You actually have the makings of a pretty good mono-agl team that will carry you through a lot of events. Unfortunately since SS4 Gogeta is mostly TEQ, it's not one of those.

Yeah a lot of them I'm ready to dokkan but won't be able to carry them with my low level. How would I fair trying to dokkan my PHY Omega Shenron?

So that new Tien looks awesome. Any chance he'll get a Dokkan? Maybe he's too strong right now for a support card to get one...

It'll probably be a while when those support cards to ever get a dokkan and even then they'll probably get the shattering the limit link. It's also because they're pretty much the best super and extreme type support units in the game so they are already so good to get a dokkan. I kind of like how the support unit go with an arc (Phy is Buu arc, Teq is Cell arc, Int is Freeza arc, Str is universe 6v7 arc and Agl is metal Rildo arc). Adds more to the game that way.

Tried a Phy cooler team (black was my leader and a friend cooler), and hoooooly shit does this team destroys golden Freeza. Having both Cooler and Shenron super twice beat him in a single turn.

Top Bottom