• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Not too sure who to spend my kais on... Thinking about SSJ4 Goku, Rose, Cooler or PHY Omega.

My Extreme PHY team is absolutely wrecking faces so I'm leaning towards Cooler. Thoughts?

They're all great choice so choose whomever you use the most. I'd say SS4 Goku would benefit the most from it but if you use Coolor or Omega more, they'd make more sense right now.

Managed to Dokkan my SSJ4 Gogeta yesterday. At max SA and level with most of his grid filled out as far as I can go he'll hit pretty hard I think. Managed to take it down with a mono-STR team as SSJ4 Goku is my strongest card.

Today I think I'll focus on INT Vegeta if possible. Read a mono-AGL team can do pretty well there. Saw a mono-Super team recommended too, but still not high enough rank for it.

I just started my grind on him myself, my mono blue with TUR Agi Vegito is doing well enough. The second form demands a healing item or two, but the rest is pretty easy clean up.

I think i have a gambling problem lol. I can never hold on to lots of DS. I always spend them. I guess its good im only a f2p player, otherwise i may be in debt lol.

MiTYH

Apparently Rising Dragon banner at 11:30pm PST tonight. So 5-6 hours from now. Great Apes included, unknown if LR's will be. Probably just Majin Vegeta which is usually enough to try to get me to pull. If there are LR's, I'm in for a multi

Aiii

So not worth it
Well I've found the ultimate proof that God does not exist, guys...
screenshot_2017-09-072ssmg.png
screenshot_2017-09-07n5st0.png

Wow that Saiyan story event that just came back? I don't even have all the stones from it. Must've been a long time since the last time it was around, geez.

Aiii

So not worth it
Proof god does exist. You pulled LR Trunks. I rest my case.

Oh no I did not. This is a different account with Trunks and Gohan that I bought off of dbz.space for enjoyment.

I don't pull LR's, come on now, not even I get that lucky. It just further proves that no deity exists.

Oh no I did not. This is a different account with Trunks and Gohan that I bought off of dbz.space for enjoyment.

I don't pull LR's, come on now, not even I get that lucky. It just further proves that no deity exists.

Curious how much did that account cost? Is is based on the number or quality of SSR's?

Also you did manage to pull Gohan (I know it's from 4 mulites, but I couldnt even pull Cooler with that many multies) and get this kind of luck

3 Elder Kai, 4 of the old UR Ultimate Gohans and 3 50% Ultimate Gohan's and I actually got to SA10. My RNG is on point today.

RNG giveth and RNG Taketh.

At least it was the most tedeus part is the leveling up and stamina. I still havent done the Rage Trunks grind (and am dreading the day I do).

Aiii

So not worth it
Curious how much did that account cost? Is is based on the number or quality of SSR's?

22 bucks, it does depend on the quality of the SSR's included. If you have an account on the site you can browse the shop. You can search for specific cards to be included and make a selection.

Also you did manage to pull Gohan (I know it's from 4 mulites, but I couldnt even pull Cooler with that many multies) and get this kind of luck

I get lucky. I also get unlucky. It comes and goes. Throw enough money at the game and you can pull anything is what the Dokkan YouTubers taught me :D

22 bucks, it does depend on the quality of the SSR's included. If you have an account on the site you can browse the shop. You can search for specific cards to be included and make a selection.

I get lucky. I also get unlucky. It comes and goes. Throw enough money at the game and you can pull anything is what the Dokkan YouTubers taught me :D

Except if you're Nano. I know he pulled some Lr's but it became a meme for him to not pull and LR

I know about the DBZ.space box selling but I assumed people stoped using it after the ban waves. You must also be luck because I could never find a good fresh account on that website. With enough stones you can probably pull anything but, its so much easier for some than others. (There's some monkey's paw shit having a near optimal Extreme PHY units all with some dupes put into them and all I got was Zamasu and a 5th FP Freeza).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
We will see if God exists.....will do 4 single pulls and hoping for Cooler.

Edit:

first pull....goodbye Goku. SSR Future Trunks...dupe. Damn...was hyped for a second lol.
second pull...Borgos..silver trash lol
third pull...machine pilaf...silver trash
forth/final pull....

HOLY SHIT.....

This is crazy....hahaha

We will see if God exists.....will do 4 single pulls and hoping for Cooler.

Edit:

first pull....goodbye Goku. SSR Future Trunks...dupe. Damn...was hyped for a second lol.
second pull...Borgos..silver trash lol
third pull...machine pilaf...silver trash
forth/final pull....

HOLY SHIT.....

This is crazy....hahaha

godsnotdead.jpg

And hates Aii.

Congrats dude. Like I said easier for some than others.

cw_sasuke

Thanks...thats just crazy - i didnt expect it at all.
I really had nothing to do in the game for the last couple days since i dont run WT and also didnt farm LR Goku. So im glad that i have now the excuse to farm the Dokkan medals for Cooler.

But il be honest....now i wish i had farmed them sooner....welp cant have it all.

He has a farmable SA right ? If so ill be busy for the next couple day, hope the event sticks around for a bit.

linkent

I really had nothing to do in the game for the last couple days since i dont run WT and also didnt farm LR Goku. So im glad that i have now the excuse to farm the Dokkan medals for Cooler.

But il be honest....now i wish i had farmed them sooner....welp cant have it all.

He has a farmable SA right ? If so ill be busy for the next couple day, hope the event sticks around for a bit.

Gratz.
His SA is farmable but you will lose your mind before getting 1 SA up.
So just use Kai on him if you have them.

It's quite hard to farm his SA because you need INT cooler which is from pulls or with the impossible luck of getting him to drop on the story event. From there you dokkan him to final form cooler and awaken him to a UR for a 100% to raise his SA. The cooler story event hasn't returned yet so it'll take some time.

cw_sasuke

Gratz.
His SA is farmable but you will lose your mind before getting 1 SA up.
So just use Kai on him if you have them.

Thanks bro,
really that bad ? I also farmed the SA for Goku Black and Fusion Z...if its around that level i would be fine.

I dont have Kais or anything else to do in this game anyway. Will farm his medals first though.

Edit:
It's quite hard to farm his SA because you need INT cooler which is from pulls or with the impossible luck of getting him to drop on the story event. From there you dokkan him to final form cooler and awaken him to a UR for a 100% to raise his SA. The cooler story event hasn't returned yet so it'll take some time.

Oh story event farming ? Nvm then...i thought this was just like with Goku Black, Buuhan etc. the easier stage of his Dokkant Event.
Guess ill have to wait for Elder Kais in the future then.

Edit 2:

Thas the team im working towards now. Pretty great - would be even better if i had the new Super Buu...but this aint happening anytime soon.

Well..now i only need to Dokkan everything and like 20 Elder Kais for Shenron and Cooler...yikes.

linkent

Thanks bro,
really that bad ? I also farmed the SA for Goku Black and Fusion Z...if its around that level i would be fine.

I dont have Kais or anything else to do in this game anyway. Will farm his medals first though.

Edit:

Oh story event farming ? Nvm then...i thought this was just like with Goku Black, Buuhan etc. the easier stage of his Dokkant Event.
Guess ill have to wait for Elder Kais in the future then.
Getting the Coora is about 2%.
I remember farming him to max for my original account.
The event came back 3x for me to finish it.

Then you have to farm 15-20 of each medals(which drop 1 at a time and it is not 100% drop)

Did another single on Coora's banner today. Got SSR TEQ Kid Buu (dupe). It's been a very generous banner so far.

Also, apparently I've only done 1.5 stages of that Great Ape event. Well hello 19 dragon stones.

I'll be travelling with a shitton of time in layovers this weekend so I'm going to grind the piss out of Goku Jr.

Ade

Moron question time...

So I'm getting to the point where Im starting to look at doing those Dokkan missions to Transcend(?) some of the URs I have (mainly from the festival when there were Stones a plenty).

Im a bit confused though about which ones Im "supposed" to do...

So I have a PHY Goku Black, and it appears theres a Dokkan event to Transcend UR him.

What I want to be 100% certain in what Im doing before I do anything stupid.

Im assuming I can grind the event to get the medals to UR Awaken him.

Whats the correct route about SA and Dupes for the Potential system though? I think I can get drops of similar versions from the awakening medal events to feed for SA (So a Black that isn't PHY for example?) but to deal with dupes for potential I'd need to pull the character again?

Moron question time...

So I'm getting to the point where Im starting to look at doing those Dokkan missions to Transcend(?) some of the URs I have (mainly from the festival when there were Stones a plenty).

So I have a PHY Goku Black, and it appears theres a Dokkan event to Transcend UR him.

Whats the correct route about SA and Dupes for the Potential system though? I think I can get drops of similar versions from the awakening medal events to feed for SA (So a Black that isn't PHY for example?) but to deal with dupes for potential I'd need to pull the character again?

For Goku black you need to get his super attack to level 10 to buff up his supers To do this you have to go the 1st stage on his event and get the Teq Goku black and use him as a training unit for a 50% to raise his SA by one. Considering its a chance you could get lucky don't need to grind that much...or get unlucky and have 5 50% chances fail. Once at SA 10 you can dokkan him.

For potential system it's always it has to be the exact same character to unlock a path If the character is SA 10 then unlock his bottom right path first. If the character isn't then go for top left. Prioritise Crits over additional attack since it's more helpful. Remember if you have a dupe character unlock his potential before dokkaning him since the game counts that as a different character.

Always remember:

With rare exception, Dupes should be used for unlocking potential routes. Elder Kais and Farmable Units (if applicable) are for increasing Super Attack levels. Elder Kais and Farmables will be found significantly more often than dupes so it's always a good idea to use those dupes for potential routes since they are more rare and give monstrous gains.

linkent

Moron question time...

For Phy Goku Black,
Farm the 20stamina stage for the Teq Goku Black.
It drops awakened, so you can get 50% chance to SA up your Phy Blacku.
After getting it to SA10(horrible grind >.<)
SA10 before Transcend UR since it reduce the chance, but you can make him to UR again by spending some baba gem to re-dokkan. (Dokkaning a reversed dokkan unit doesnt take more medals)

Farm the 50 stamina stage for the medals.
You will need to do it 11x for 77 of his medals.

Since generally people will be able to SA10 Blacku, open the lower right path first if you have the dupes.
Lower right increase more power but need SA10 to unlock the nodes. And it should be the priority for any SA10 units.

When you get the star node, you will be able to choose which extra ability to choose from.
Most units will get the Crit node(crit do extra damage regardless of typing) with the exception of some units like Gogeta(always do extra dmg to any types) or LR Trunks(high chance to crit) which is better to get Additional Attack nodes.

So if you make a team with all Great Ape characters, do they each have a chance to turn great ape or is it like only 1 of them can turn in a whole fight.

Voror

I just started my grind on him myself, my mono blue with TUR Agi Vegito is doing well enough. The second form demands a healing item or two, but the rest is pretty easy clean up.

Mono STR pretty much made it a breeze. Barely needed to use healing items most of the time. Duel SSJ4 Goku could one shot the earlier forms most of the time.

Going to try to get medals for PHY Omega today. One run so far that was successful with a mono STR team, but that AGL Syn is the one I need to be careful of. If I had enough team cost I'd put in Omega for his defense and passive over one of the others. SSJ3 Vegeta is a real lifesaver for the time his defense is active.

Didn't think I'd bother pulling anymore until later banners, though apparently the Tien on the Teq one is quite good?

Kami-sama has returned to bless my alt account...

Only took farming all the way up to Stage 11 to get, up next Whiirus.

I just realized it'll probably be a while before you can DA Gohan to LR, huh? And you're gonna have to grind rank to even be able to use that team fully awakened. Kinda seems like a lot of time to put into an alt account. That's just my opinion obvs, live your best life.

Aiii

So not worth it
The alternative is not playing my main while waiting for new things to do, so it's not like I'm dividing much work here. In general I'm done with new events fairly quickly.

The only time sensitive stuff I'm not going to be able to do twice is things like WT or the odd LR Goku event kind of stuff, and that's fine.

Rank isn't much of a problem, there's x3 questing now I'll be near rank 200 soon enough.

ffvorax

So on Global... when is the new banner?
Will it be Buu? Goku SSJ3? Janenba?

I feel like I will just keep stones in the next months... and do all the side things like take Androids to the LR SA20, and got all the medals I need to dokkan what I still haven't...

It's true that when You have a very good team you don't have much more to do if not pulling new cards for fun... it was more fun when I struggled to finish events lol

So on Global... when is the new banner?
Will it be Buu? Goku SSJ3? Janenba?

I feel like I will just keep stones in the next months... and do all the side things like take Androids to the LR SA20, and got all the medals I need to dokkan what I still haven't...

It's true that when You have a very good team you don't have much more to do if not pulling new cards for fun... it was more fun when I struggled to finish events lol

The next banner is SSJ3 Angel Goku. Then Super 17, to buu then to Gogeta and Janemba.

The way to improve Dokkan events is to make Boss Teams with their own link system that you can see in action. Like the tournament style but with their own dokkan based teams.

Example:

SSJ3 Angel Goku TEQ Leader
SSJ3 Vegeta TEQ
SSJ3 Gotenks TEQ
SSJ3 Goku TEQ
SSJ3 Gotenks Adult TEQ
SSJ3 Broly TEQ

It will be hard to implement for certain types but it could give them ideas on working together teams.

The original boss will have their boss hp but everyone else will just get the 120% buff to everything excluding Broly who is Extreme for the example I gave up above.

Their links activate and the team rotates just like yours. I dunno if they all should have their own hp or if you can only knock them out after a certain amount of hp is gone.

I dunno just some idea to play around with in my head.

Top Bottom