• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Dumb, rookie question I'm sure, but is it advisable to max SA at all times before awakening [any] units? Or are there SAs that are worth the grind/wait? Is there a good list around? It's somewhat daunting to think I have to max the SA of every unit I get before I even attempt awakening them up...

Long road ahead

Only SSR should be maxed to SA 10 and certain units at that. Keep track of units that have farmable SAs such as Goku Black and Buuhan.

Elder Kais are rare and should be used with units that you truly need.

Anyways I really hope for the next SSG card that there is a farmable SSG. Its so annoying having to pull PHY Face off Goku to turn into SSG and feed into another one.

Dumb, rookie question I'm sure, but is it advisable to max SA at all times before awakening [any] units? Or are there SAs that are worth the grind/wait? Is there a good list around? It's somewhat daunting to think I have to max the SA of every unit I get before I even attempt awakening them up...

Long road ahead

No, not at all times. Only for cards that have "easily" farmable SAs, like Black, Buuhan and Zamasu, where you can farm an SR version of the card that has a 50% chance to increase the SA. Most SSRs do not have farmable super attacks. You can always check the wiki when in doubt, it'll say on the page of the card in question if they have a farmable super attack. If you make a mistake you can always reverse-dokkan a TUR card back to base form using the hourglass from baba's shop.

Farmable cards and dupes aside (which should go in the dupe system before you use them to raise SA) the only way to raise SA is using elder kais and you can use those whenever, but they're kinda rare and should be saved for really good cards (god leads first and foremost, hardest hitters second)

Only SSR should be maxed to SA 10 and certain units at that. Keep track of units that have farmable SAs such as Goku Black and Buuhan.

Elder Kais are rare and should be used with units that you truly need.

Anyways I really hope for the next SSG card that there is a farmable SSG. Its so annoying having to pull PHY Face off Goku to turn into SSG and feed into another one.

Ok so I pulled dupes of Coora (Final Form) Ext TEQ as my first SSRs a few days ago; I put 2 Elder Kais into him so far (his SA seems decent?), and I have 2 more that I could feed into. Would he be a good candidate? I have some others but I'm trying to stick with one unit for now until I understand the entire process.

I hope I didn't waste 2 Elder Kai on him...

No, not at all times. Only for cards that have "easily" farmable SAs, like Black, Buuhan and Zamasu, where you can farm an SR version of the card that has a 50% chance to increase the SA. Most SSRs do not have farmable super attacks. You can always check the wiki when in doubt, it'll say on the page of the card in question if they have a farmable super attack. If you make a mistake you can always reverse-dokkan a TUR card back to base form using the hourglass from baba's shop.

Farmable cards and dupes aside (which should go in the dupe system before you use them to raise SA) the only way to raise SA is using elder kais and you can use those whenever, but they're kinda rare and should be saved for really good cards (god leads first and foremost, hardest hitters second)

Thank you, this helps as well! I was wondering about dupes as well.

L Thammy

Little disappointed with Goku Jr.'s passive skill. I guess you can just move him out of harm's way and enjoy the huge damage boost, but Bulma set the bar too high.

Hercule is SA 10 100%'d. Now to get him to LR lol. I hate that Goku Jr had to start today, I wanna do it but need Frieza cards, then need to do Frieza tomorrow D:

I'm still debating whether to open dupe paths for LR Hercule. I'm not that rich! I only have like 10 million left.

BTW the hercule event got revamped too and you can earn 3 DS from it. The last stage drops a decent amount of zeni too, it's kinda comparable to running the bulma stage just for the zeni.

For the new Hecule event there's three difficulty levels, letting you get a total of 3 DS but other rewards says 2 DS are available total. DS compensation for incorrect description pls.

L Thammy

How good is Goku Jr?

ATK +40% (plus great chance for an extra 40% boost) & DEF -40% when performing a Super Attack

Here's the disappointing part IMO. His leader skill and super attack are the same as Bulma, he's still a free 100% potential character, and he still needs less ki to do his SA when maxed.

Yeah the hercule event is pretty dope for zeni, glad they revamped it.
Yeh. Old one was good before we had zeni hungry units like LR Broly and Hercule lol.

Just 104 medals left for the stupid LR Frieza, and even when I do get them I gotta wait till I up his SA to 10 D:. It's at 5 but he's definitely not gonna get to SA 20, I want him for completion sake I doubt he'll ever see any real use anytime soon. Maybe a Mono-LR team :eek:.

Shouta

Great as a F2P unit, but not as game-changing as Bulma was, since he doesn't heal or defend also.

ATK +40% (plus great chance for an extra 40% boost) & DEF -40% when performing a Super Attack

Here's the disappointing part IMO. His leader skill and super attack are the same as Bulma, he's still a free 100% potential character, and he still needs less ki to do his SA when maxed.

So good I even run him on my mono team.

Wait, -40% DEF on Super attack? That will help my LR Gohan a lot. Definitely will work on him then, lol.

cordy

Banned
Started playing Naruto Ultimate Blazing on the side while my STA refills and man, idk what it is but it feels like I'm pulling way better cards far more often in that game than I am in this one. In Dokkan it feels like a miracle to get one great card but in NUB it doesn't take near as much.

How does Dokkan far compared to other gachas with pulls? Is it just harder with it or is it a coincidence?

Permanently A

Started playing Naruto Ultimate Blazing on the side while my STA refills and man, idk what it is but it feels like I'm pulling way better cards far more often in that game than I am in this one. In Dokkan it feels like a miracle to get one great card but in NUB it doesn't take near as much.

How does Dokkan far compared to other gachas with pulls? Is it just harder with it or is it a coincidence?

Dokkan is decently generous compared to other games now. Back in the day global ver used to have a 3% SSR rate and they were literally impossible to get, it was a pure SR meta. Now we have 10% SSR rate and daily stones. Naruto is even better cause it has mercy - after a certain number of pulls they give you the featured character outright.

cordy

Banned
Dokkan is decently generous compared to other games now. Back in the day global ver used to have a 3% SSR rate and they were literally impossible to get, it was a pure SR meta. Now we have 10% SSR rate and daily stones. Naruto is even better cause it has mercy - after a certain number of pulls they give you the featured character outright.

Ahh I see now, interesting.

ffvorax

1 more Zamasu for Fusion Zamasu SA10... well technically, but that 50% and that terrible drop rate... but at this point I won't use any kai, I almost won that damn challenge... better pull Rosè the next time is available in a banner so I can do a nice Extreme team with my cards....

Arucardo

Nice way to start the week, did one single pull on the cooler banner and got cooler. Already have a full power freeza so I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I have been playing the last month or so.

Do you guys know the usual rotation time for new summoning banners?

Like is that every week or so ?

Also I guess that the 2 year anniversary dokkan fest was kind of exceptional in terms of what you could pull? Or is it often that you get banners with that many good characters?

I have been playing the last month or so.

Do you guys know the usual rotation time for new summoning banners?

Like is that every week or so ?

Also I guess that the 2 year anniversary dokkan fest was kind of exceptional in terms of what you could pull? Or is it often that you get banners with that many good characters?

Usually there's a new dokkanfest banner about monthly, it might pick up a bit now because the 120% leads in JP released within like 3 weeks of eachother in most cases. And yeah most banners only have 2-3 dokkanfest exclusives on them, the anniversary banner was a special case. There will probably be something similar around christmas again. The INT Gogeta banner, which should drop in 2-3 months will also be very good.

Usually there's a new dokkanfest banner about monthly, it might pick up a bit now because the 120% leads in JP released within like 3 weeks of eachother in most cases. And yeah most banners only have 2-3 dokkanfest exclusives on them, the anniversary banner was a special case. There will probably be something similar around christmas again. The INT Gogeta banner, which should drop in 2-3 months will also be very good.

And you never know, they might throw in a couple "to be released" curveballs as well. (Doubt it, but LRs and something like the Otherworld banner w/ Super Kaioken are still game).

MiTYH

I know it's a waste of stamina until 1/2 dokkan events are back, but I'm trying to knock out at least SSBKK since I'm only 10 medals away. And... yeah, used to struggle through the beginning bits when SV was my only lead. Now I slap on SSJ4 Vegeta and don't look back. I was at the final stage and basically 1-2 shot him, and kept thinking there must be another form after that....

Meneses

Goku Jr. feels like such a slog after Bulma's event.

Might be the fact that I haven't got a single "special nimbus" yet in my path to 30% and I get fewer orbs per average run.

J4g3r

Haven't been rushing Goku Jr at all, at ~45% completion and haven't been spending stones on stamina.

The nimbus cloud is definitely a lot rarer than the Bulma event (for me at least).

cordy

Banned
Fuck, I used 150 stones and I still didn't get Cooler. Damn. I'm not using any more until the that Ultimate Gohan banner comes in.

Kitoro

I haven't kept track since SSJ4, and I'm wondering who the new meta-defining leaders are, as well as their leader skills. I'm essentially wondering who to save my stones for, as I've got great subs for any type of leader; just no good leader by today's standards. Thanks!

I haven't kept track since SSJ4, and I'm wondering who the new meta-defining leaders are, as well as their leader skills. I'm essentially wondering who to save my stones for, as I've got great subs for any type of leader; just no good leader by today's standards. Thanks!

INT Gogeta is the hardest hitting TUR in the game. Not only that but he fits in on a Fusions team which is probably the Meta breaking team right now (on JPN). Save your stones for Gogeta.

Top Bottom