• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

So maybe this hasn't been mentioned here yet, but Global is deviating significantly from JP now. They teased SSB Vegeta on FB, so we'll likely get him before STR Cell. Spirit Bomb Goku and nuke Vegeta getting their dokkans way sooner than Japan. LR Broly?!

LR Broly is an obvious play. They know everyone and their dog is saving for SS4 now, so throwing a curve ball like this opens a lot of wallets. Not sure what the thinking is behind some of the other changes, but it does point to one thing: we can't really look at JP's release schedule and assume we're gonna follow everything in the same order anymore.

Also if this means that Global doesn't get LRs on fucking Rising Dragon banners with 0.08% pull rate or whatever, then I never wanna hear about how it's inferior ever again lol

That str team is looking good .. going to take him for a ride next on mine ..

Your's ain't too shabby as well. :p But yeah, AOE is LR. I think there'll be times where you'd want to run OS as a leader for more damage mitigation, but I'll see what the bean counters at reddit come up with.

I have a fair share of STR units that can go in and out as well. I only have SSG Goku there since he's an awesome ki bridge and I have him at... SA10. (pls dokkan soon)

And totally forgot to throw him into the Extreme team! He's defo replacing PHY Broly. :O

Also, I can't believe they actually raised the prices in Europe, I thought they would've lowered them after saying they would make them more "fair", nothing fair about this.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
That Broly...

lvgc8uf.jpg

Also, I can't believe they actually raised the prices in Europe, I thought they would've lowered them after saying they would make them more "fair", nothing fair about this.

You thought they would LOWER the prices? Bless your heart. Kinda sucks, 5 euro price hike on the 91 stone pack, but I only ever buy stones on sale anyway, so meh.

Lagamorph

I almost wonder if he accidentally went up with a higher rate and it's now been corrected since he seemed to be getting pulled all over right after going up and now it seems to have dropped.

MiTYH

Not pulling on this banner, even for Broly.

In other news, I LOVE OMEGA SHENRON! I'm finally getting to Godtenk's raid, since I never had the team to make a dent in it before. Double omega though? Not a problem. Add in Gogeta, SSJ3 Vegeta and Goku, it's a cakewalk. So that's my day today, farming it like there's no tomorrow. Which there isn't, at least in terms of 1/2 stamina. I'll focus on the 35 I need for the STR SSJ one (stunner), then I'll get as much as I can for the inevitable PHYtenks dokkan, or if I ever pull Godtenks (hah, yeah right)

Skii

Global has been shitting all over JP recently. First they actually change up the W dokkanfest by including a step up summon and now they release a completely new gacha LR and make it featured.

Funny thing is Broly is an entirely different meta to what global is on at the moment lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Global has been shitting all over JP recently. First they actually change up the W dokkanfest by including a step up summon and now they release a completely new gacha LR and make it featured.

Funny thing is Broly is an entirely different meta to what global is on at the moment lol
Yeah he's a little early since he came before Int/Str 100%s (lol poor cell) but it feels more natural than jumping to 120% and separating Super/Extreme.

I'm probably ridiculously slow on this but look at Broly's banner cards. It's a Rising Dragon banner in all but name. Lends further credence that this will be the way gacha LRs work in Global. RIP Japan.

I LOVE THAT ART! Very comic-y in its lines and shading. Kinda stands out from the game's general art style.

Also if the zeni cost here is true then RIP all my zeni and then some, I only have 80 million https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/68sexo/lr_broly_factsheet/

ALSO imagine having all 3 forms of him on one team.

Can't nuke with him in WT since his 18 ki super in single-target. Still, Broly's leader skill alone is probably enough to wipe out most teams in shot at SA10 up to x10, maybe even x15

Skii

I'm probably ridiculously slow on this but look at Broly's banner cards. It's a Rising Dragon banner in all but name. Lends further credence that this will be the way gacha LRs work in Global. RIP Japan.

I LOVE THAT ART! Very comic-y in its lines and shading. Kinda stands out from the game's general art style.

Yup it's a pretty awful banner except for Broly but at least it gives normal F2P or light P2P the chance to actually pull one of these insane gacha LRs instead of reserving them for those who will spend 2000+ stones on a banner. Embarrassing that JP are now the greedy ones and global are more in touch with their player base.

All LR art looks pretty nice imo. That dark, shaded style really makes them look unique.

Broly finally became an "LR" after more than a year. Full circle.

RqJjWKi.png

Wonder if we'll get the PHY or TEQ phase 2 LR before JP as well. Who could they be? :O

HawthorneKitty

Yup it's a pretty awful banner except for Broly but at least it gives normal F2P or light P2P the chance to actually pull one of these insane gacha LRs instead of reserving them for those who will spend 2000+ stones on a banner. Embarrassing that JP are now the greedy ones and global are more in touch with their player base.

All LR art looks pretty nice imo. That dark, shaded style really makes them look unique.
Global is run by JP though...

LNBL

That str team is looking good .. going to take him for a ride next on mine ..

Just took him on my extreme team and at lv1 sa1 he hit for 180k LMAO

When he is LR he is an AOE right ?

This guy is going LR the moment I get him to SA10 and going into my WT team lol
Screenshot_2017-05-02-05-39-49_edit_1493718061523.jpeg

Jesus how did you get that high of a level ;_; I cant place my lr androids in my extreme team due to team cost

Skii

Global is run by JP though...

Really? I thought different parts of bandai were in charge of each game? I can see both JP and global working close together but there's no reason for global to be getting better deals etc. than JP unless they are working independently of each other.

BrunoM

Jesus how did you get that high of a level ;_; I cant place my lr androids in my extreme team due to team cost
I been around for over 630 days ..

Got friends on my list with levels that make mine look small ..

Plus I didn't need to farm medals for the last 2 weeks so when ever I did play I was playing 21-1 with the 3x xp I was ranking every 2 stamina bars

HawthorneKitty

Really? I thought different parts of bandai were in charge of each game? I can see both JP and global working close together but there's no reason for global to be getting better deals etc. than JP unless they are working independently of each other.
Well I'd imagine at worst that a Global division is relegated to a dark corner in Japan, but there was an AMA where the social media guy says that everything is dictated and ordered by JP.

Syntsui

He has the same chance as every on banner SSR.

It's times like these that I remember what just happened on Rose banner, where I pulled 5 Zamasu and 5 SSJ Vegeta, but not a single Rose. Never ever chase one card.

SSJ Vegeta wasn't even on banner and had a rate of 0.225 FFS.

That's some goddamn false fucking advertising right there. gg Bamco.

At least in Japan they don't pretend the LR's are featured cards.

-edit: not to say the rates are awful. But they're not as good as one would expect-

It's slightly lower than most featured cards on dokkanfest banners but a hell of a lot better than 0.084%

What the hell happened? As soon as I go to bed Global releases a uni5 JPN doesn't have? Are NB literally just winging it without any plan at this point?

Aiii

So not worth it
It's slightly lower than most featured cards on dokkanfest banners but a hell of a lot better than 0.084%
It's more in the way the banner is presented, rather than the rate, that bothers me with this banner.

But it's fine, I just think they should have presented it as a regular dragon rising banner instead of presenting it like some sort of featured banner.

Is he actually going to be any good though? I don't mean to be that guy with everyone pulling for him but that passive is horrifying to me. The 50k+ sure sounds nice but the 15k- defence is really worrying to me. Nice burst damage I'm sure but survival is becoming increasingly important.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is he actually going to be any good though? I don't mean to be that guy with everyone pulling for him but that passive is horrifying to me. The 50k+ sure sounds nice but the 15k- defence is really worrying to me. Nice burst damage I'm sure but survival is becoming increasingly important.

It's only a debuff to self, so why not? You can ghost usher if needed when you can't put him in a spot where he won't get attacked.

Top Bottom