• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F” Spoiler Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait a minute.

Goku gets beaten by Frieza.

Vegeta is winning against Frieza, but Frieza fires off a death ball and destroys the Earth, killing Vegeta in the process because he can't breathe in space (My guess - a quick distraction+charge+fire like Cooler in Cooler's Revenge, except the death ball was aimed at the planet in the first place and not Vegeta).

Goku gets a slight senzu-zenkai boost putting him on Frieza/Vegeta's level, and Whis uses time travel powers to have Goku kill a Frieza fatigued from fighting 2 super saiyan gods just before he decides to fire off a death ball?

goku gets his ass beat, Vegeta kicks frieza's ass, Frieza blows up the earth to win, and Whis uses time hax to let goku kill steal?

Come on. Why not have Vegeta beat Frieza and Goku deflect the death ball? Or have them beat Frieza together? What is the point of time hax other that painting Vegeta in a bad light and making the victory cheap?

From my understanding, Goku fights first and then gets the shit knocked out of him. Vegeta gives him a Senzu bean and then goes to beat up Freiza who is now tired, Freiza getting fucked badly so decides to blow the planet up which he should have done in the first place. Goku is chilling out at top with Whis who has created the shield, really enjoying his wife and sons get murdered again. Whis travels back in time 3 minutes and Goku then finishes off Freiza because Toriyama.

Magwik

Banned
So wait a minute.

Vegeta is winning against Frieza, but Frieza fires off a death ball and destroys the Earth, killing Vegeta in the process because he can't breathe in space (My guess - a quick distraction+charge+fire like Cooler in Cooler's Revenge, except the death ball was aimed at the planet in the first place and not Vegeta).

Goku gets a slight senzu-zenkai boost putting him on Frieza/Vegeta's level, and Whis uses time travel powers to have Goku kill a Frieza fatigued from fighting 2 super saiyan gods just before he decides to fire off a death ball?

goku gets his ass beat, Vegeta kicks frieza's ass, Frieza blows up the earth to win, and Whis uses time hax to let goku kill steal?

Come on. Why not have Vegeta beat Frieza and Goku deflect the death ball? Or have them beat Frieza together? What is the point of time hax other that painting Vegeta in a bad light and making the victory cheap?
Because Toriyama

Kain

So wait a minute.

Toriyama doesn't like Vegeta, he keeps him around because he knows the character is popular, but he has stated that he is his least favourite character. That means Vegeta will never, ever win anything and will be constantly humiliated as long as AT writes.

Apparently GT writers hated Vegeta too: the moustache, being controlled by Baby, not being able to go SSJ3, getting to SSJ4 via a cheap machine... my god GT is atrocious.

What I'm getting here are Fairy Tail vibes. Or maybe Mashima just takes from Toriyama, who knows, but the result is that when it comes to the main character everything is boring, predictable, lazy and just plain BAD because every fight ends the same way:

- MC loses (well, in FT Natsu NEVER loses)

- Gets powerup / favorable situation pulled of his ass

- ????

- Wins

He was originally was and is gag author. It wasn't really until King Piccolo that stuff got serious.

Look at how great the Cell Saga was with a strong editor. Android 19 and 20 were supposed to be the androids. You know the ones who killed everyone in the future and Trunks was freaked the fuck out by their terror. I like 19 and 20 but they don't work in that role.

He also said semi-perfect Cell looked dumb and to change forms. That guy knew his shit. Why couldn't Buu Saga have that oversight. We have 7 year-old Super-Saiyans, candy rays and fusions which pump up power massively instead.

if it wasn't for his editors Cell, 17, and 18 wouldn't have existed and 19 and 20 would have been the main villains of the saga.
Wha-what?! Someone bring the editors back Fromm the cell saga and have them do the next movie, cell saga is without a doubt my favorite saga. Also while we're at it let's let them be in charge of new transformation designs

Wazzy

Banned
Apparently GT writers hated Vegeta too: the moustache, being controlled by Baby, not being able to go SSJ3, getting to SSJ4 via a cheap machine... my god GT is atrocious.

Well at least GT gave him the best design in the series once he shaved.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
19 and 20 look goofy, but I probably would have loved the original premise.

I mean, think about it - without the editors, it's not Dr Gero's creations that are the villains - it's Dr Gero himself.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, summary of Revival of F:

Frieza wins, but Whis likes Earth food and uses reality-warping time hacks to allow Goku and Vegeta to win.

Astral Dog

So wait a minute.

It does sound like a kind of cheap victory, just go back in time to kill a weak Frieza using a senzu bean, for some reason Whis helps them too, i hope its a little different from what it seems now.

Alienous

I bet Goku doesn't even let Vegeta know that he hacked to surpass him.

He probably met Whis all the way back when when Goku met King Kai, and he's been using this trick ever since.

Kain

You are insane. The moustache was fucking BOSS.

tumblr_m0oz8rO7Sn1qm0rn1.png

Kill me please

Wazzy

Banned
You are insane. The moustache was fucking BOSS.

I will defend Vegeta's GT appearance because it's his best but the mustache? NO. NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Fuck the hideous mustache. Brah knew what was up and gave him the best advice of his life.

Kain

Goku and Vegeta don't like fusion. They want to beat their opponents in a 1v1, not in 2(1)v1.

They were willing to fuse forever with the pendants, so...

Toriyama just puts himself in the corner with every decision he makes and then ignores what's not convenient to him.

So wait a minute.

I fucking love Akira Toriyama.

Welfare

Toriyama just puts himself in the corner with every decision he makes and then ignores what's not convenient to him.

Well, like Goku said, if they didn't, everything would be gone. It was a decision they had to go with.

It's why with Kid Buu, they didn't do fusion. They didn't need to because Kid Buu was a lot weaker than Buuhan.

Because Buu had fused with 4 people (that they knew of) by that point, so fusion was 'fair.'

Kain

Well, like Goku said, if they didn't, everything would be gone. It was a decision they had to go with.

It's why with Kid Buu, they didn't do fusion. They didn't need to because Kid Buu was a lot weaker than Buuhan.

But Kid Buu was the strongest form, Butenks won because he absorbed Gohan and Gohan was a loser, if anything he got weaker. Besides, didn't the fusion dispel when he absorbed Gohan?

Anyway, if Goku and Vegeta thought about the greater good they would have destroyed Buuhan there and resurrect later. In reality they are a couple of dickheads who just want to see their families murdered over and over again.

FZZ

Banned
Smh

Vegeta should've won, the fuck is Toriyama doing?

Next movie better have Gohan returning to form and going apeshit like when he was a kid, literally kill Piccolo if you have to because looking at the last movie his biggest role was how distraught he was from losing bingo.

Anth0ny

Toriyama is going full George Lucas and these new movies are his prequels.

Well, they're not that bad, but his story telling (and character designs) are going down the shitter.

Malvingt2

and yet Gohan was a IT away.........

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Smh

Vegeta should've won, the fuck is Toriyama doing?

Next movie better have Gohan returning to form and going apeshit like when he was a kid, literally kill Piccolo if you have to because looking at the last movie his biggest role was how distraught he was from losing bingo.
I maintan the canon post Cell just needs to be burned to the ground.

Welfare

But Kid Buu was the strongest form, Butenks won because he absorbed Gohan and Gohan was a loser, if anything he got weaker. Besides, didn't the fusion dispel when he absorbed Gohan?

Anyway, if Goku and Vegeta thought about the greater good they would have destroyed Buuhan there and resurrect later. In reality they are a couple of dickheads who just want to see their families murdered over and over again.

Kid Buu was the most dangerous Buu due to him being a psychopath. Mystic Gohan was > Gotenks, so Buuhan would be > Buutenks.

Vegito got absorbed to rescue everyone from Buu so they wouldn't die with Buu.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I do feel sorry for Vegeta fans though. What happens in this movie to him is just as bad as that hax Buu absorption crap with Gohan and Gotenks. Fucking robbed, all of them.

Ishida

Banned
The Buu saga was pretty bad then what came before it but not GT bad.

I'm talking about Toriyama going all Lucas and stuff. Dragon Ball Z, in any way you see it, was a complete bastardization of the original Dragon Ball concept, starting with making Goku and Piccolo aliens, then the whole Red Ribbon survivor creating androids stronger than the "strongest" being in the universe (Frieza).

I love all Dragon Ball, but people are stuck with some hardcore nostalgia if they think DBZ wasn't fanfiction quality.

One thing I don't get is nobody does anything about Frieza for four months? The Elder Kais don't say anything about it? King Kai doesn't warn the Z-fighters that Frieza was resurrected? Goku doesn't feel his ki and automatically IT to him and kill him? Everyone just ignores him for those months? I can't tell if that's a bad plot hole or just really sad that nobody cared that Frieza was back.

Reset

One thing I don't get is nobody does anything about Frieza for four months? The Elder Kais don't say anything about it? King Kai doesn't warn the Z-fighters that Frieza was resurrected? Goku doesn't feel his ki and automatically IT to him and kill him? Everyone just ignores him for those months? I can't tell if that's a bad plot hole or just really sad that nobody cared that Frieza was back.

Well seeing as the last time he came back, he got wrecked pretty badly by Future Trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom