• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Only things to buy with Rubies: costumes and inventory slots. Anything else is a waste unless you're just overflowing with rubies.

I think you can earn costumes in the arena once a week with a decent team

I wish I saved all of mine for inventory and slot expansions

I love this game but its starting to get grindy..... This is kind of where F2Play loses me. I would rather pay the 30 bucks for a full game rather than be tempted to spend 30 bucks every time I wanted to speed up progression

Shame.. Its such a fun game otherwise. Guess Ill chip away casually over the summer and see if it continues to hold my interest.

At least Leveling up and getting Good equipment is relatively easy. Maintaining gold it proving to be a bitch

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I think you can earn costumes in the arena once a week with a decent team

I think they cost like 40 arena coins/piece and you get 40 for first place. I'm kind of stuck in the 3~5% spot myself, but there's plenty of time to get knocked out of it. :p

At least Leveling up and getting Good equipment is relatively easy. Maintaining gold it proving to be a bitch

Yeah. I'm considering using rubies to buy gold, but I don't know if it's worth it.

Also: US GAF guild? Jealous. Hope EU gets one too. I'm a bit short on gold to start one myself.

Labyrinth is really good for making coin for only spending a few tickets to enter, even at lower levels you get lots more then regular story missions give.

I think they cost like 40 arena coins/piece and you get 40 for first place. I'm kind of stuck in the 3~5% spot myself, but there's plenty of time to get knocked out of it. :p

Yeah. I'm considering using rubies to buy gold, but I don't know if it's worth it.

I got 11 coins when I broke 30% which is super easy to do

I actually broke 10% recently but I had already claimed for the week :mad:

totally doable though

garath

I have about 350 rubies now. About to use 300 for pulls. I've debated it but really we need so many A and S units for enhancing and combining that rubies will be the best way to ramp that up in a timely fashion.

It's a little grindy but the labyrinth really is good gold especially once you get higher.

Sword Familiar

I got 11 coins when I broke 30% which is super easy to do

Still, that's 3 months to get a full set.

It's a little grindy but the labyrinth really is good gold especially once you get higher.

I guess. Depends on where you want to spend your tickets. On one hand, you can get a decent amount of SS gear by raiding with those, but on the other hand you won't be able to enhance if you don't have gold. Decisions, decisions.

I have about 350 rubies now. About to use 300 for pulls. I've debated it but really we need so many A and S units for enhancing and combining that rubies will be the best way to ramp that up in a timely fashion.

Yeah its the best way to get A > S

After that though you need mountains of gold... If I could actually complete a Labrinth run I would farm a decent amount but those black healing shrooms are impossible without a reliable team of disablers

Still, that's 3 months to get a full set.

Isnt a costume just one piece?

I've added a ton of people from the past few pages, so if you get a friend invite from me that's why :)

Account: UScr00ge
Character: UScr00ge

No room in the NeoGAF guild anymore though :(

Sword Familiar

Yeah its the best way to get A > S

After that though you need mountains of gold... If I could actually complete a Labrinth run I would farm a decent amount but those black healing shrooms are impossible without a reliable team of disablers

Isnt a costume just one piece?

Mage, at least, has three pieces. One is a costume, one is a weapon skin and the third is a mantle. They all give stat bonuses.

Edit: There's a costume tab in the inventory. Has three slots.

Sword Familiar

Well this is my go to casual game so I dont mind chipping away over time

At least now I have a decent game for my phone. Its been awhile

Oh, I agree. I finally have a game for my daily commute to/from my job. I see myself playing this for a while, too. 3 months is a long time though.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So close to getting in the top 1% of labrynth.

I keep getting scores that put me at 1.2%. Must get that lucky run today!

Sword Familiar

Well what else is there?

I tried Record keeper and it was damn near unplayable

Yeah, I tried that, too. Was ok, but I got bored with it. I have no clue what other games are available. Used to shun mobile gaming.

Edit:

I have a surplus of Ss and As. Should I feed the extra Ss to my main party or should I keep them for breeding into SSs? Ss still need to eat, damnit. :/ Don't know if I want to feed them the As. 50% chance and if it fails it would feel like such a waste.

Puzzle & Dragons is fantastic.

Match 3 Gameplay does not excite me in the slightest...

Im not saying your wrong but I played Puzzle Quest back in the day and had my fill of the whole Match 3 RPG idea

So close to getting in the top 1% of labrynth.

I keep getting scores that put me at 1.2%. Must get that lucky run today!

Please give me a setup and strat!

I cannot for the life of me get past the Black Mushrooms that can basically full heal over and over.

garath

Just pulled 350 rubies worth. Maybe 5 S ranks, rest A. Meh. Oh well. At least I have an S rank healer now! That's a plus.

Going to work on combining two S ranks and get my first SS. Doing it the long way though and getting mastery of the A rank before using them as fodder lol.

Just pulled 350 rubies worth. Maybe 5 S ranks, rest A. Meh. Oh well. At least I have an S rank healer now! That's a plus.

Going to work on combining two S ranks and get my first SS.
Buddy, you're going to love SS
But like
Ugh
so dreading trying to combine my two SS's together

Going to work on combining two S ranks and get my first SS.

S rank characters have 6 upgrades so its a hella grind to get them up to combine em.

Hell its costing me 3900 gold just to get my final upgrade for an A

Bam

Banned
No more room? Noooooo

Sitting on about 150 rubies right now and I don't know whether I want to pull or not.

Ceedee

Neo Member
I'm not sure if there are any open slots to the guild but I'm currently 23.

Ign: Ceezee
Class: Mage

add me if yall want! ^_^

garath

Painful. Got one S to +4. Out of money and need to master all the rest of my A fodder.

Lol. This is going to be a loooooong process.

edit: How rare are SS and SSS pulls? I've definitely pulled about 25 times so far on this account with a handful of S ranks to show for it.

Gaf I can't decide

I've been speccing towards critdamage (getting a flame burst + fire seal double critical feels sogood. Gif) and I don't know which weapon will be better in the end. Leaning towards the Goblin staff as that will have more attack in the end, right?

Edit: oh and I have the 4 set bonus of the rage set so factor that in too.
Edit 2: lol @ "Equipped Equipment"

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Match 3 Gameplay does not excite me in the slightest...

Im not saying your wrong but I played Puzzle Quest back in the day and had my fill of the whole Match 3 RPG idea

Please give me a setup and strat!

I cannot for the life of me get past the Black Mushrooms that can basically full heal over and over.

Here is my build:
34 Mage (AOE build)
34 SS healer (single target)
34 S healer (AOE + revive) +6
34 SS Rogue
34 S Tank (stun) +6

Helpers:
34 S Archer (AOE) +6
34 S Mage (AOE) +1
34 S Tank
34 S Healer (single target)

Strat involves using the mage AOE at the right time and not wasting the cooldown.
I usually get killed on stage 10 around 15,800 points

EDIT: Woot! Just got 17,300 points! Hope that is enough to get me in the 1% for tonight's reset.

garath

Gaf I can't decide

I've been speccing towards critdamage (getting a flame burst + fire seal double critical feels sogood. Gif) and I don't know which weapon will be better in the end. Leaning towards the Goblin staff as that will have more attack in the end, right?

Edit: oh and I have the 4 set bonus of the rage set so factor that in too.
Edit 2: lol @ "Equipped Equipment"

Staff almost definitely. The base damage is almost 30% higher and you aren't losing that many other stats even losing the 4 set bonus.

draw4wild

I just maxed out 2 of my Ss. I wound up buying 100k with 25 gems to finish up. I'm hesitant to combine since I know I'm going to get some bullshit desert gnoll or something instead of that red priest with the group heal and revive.

So far I've spent gems on about 7 pulls and the 100k. I was going to buy a costume but decided there's no reason to since there's nothing else to spend arena points on. I got 16 coins last week with top 10% so in 5 weeks I'll have 2 of 3. I have yet to be in a raid with someone else with the arena title even equipped

garath

I just maxed out 2 of my Ss. I wound up buying 100k with 25 gems to finish up. I'm hesitant to combine since I know I'm going to get some bullshit desert gnoll or something instead of that red priest with the group heal and revive.

So far I've spent gems on about 7 pulls and the 100k. I was going to buy a costume but decided there's no reason to since there's nothing else to spend arena points on. I got 16 coins last week with top 10% so in 5 weeks I'll have 2 of 3. I have yet to be in a raid with someone else with the arena title even equipped

Nice. Yeah, it's been painful enhancing S rank guys. I'm actually enhancing the ones that I have no use for strictly for combining. I WANT to enhance my "main" party but I think short term, an SS of any type will be more valuable, especially if it's a healer or a tank with taunt.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Try not to spend gems on gold.
Instead spend gems in tickets to run labrynth. You will get 2x-5x the return.

Damn, seeing some of your parties makes me really want to play a lot more so I can catch up.

I added pretty much everyone from the last couple of pages. If you got a friend request from Norah24, that's me.

Sword Familiar

Try not to spend gems on gold.
Instead spend gems in tickets to run labrynth. You will get 2x-5x the return.

If you can't beat the first wave of black mushrooms it's only going to be marginally better though. Saves time/hassle to buy the gold. If you can beat the shrooms, it's worth it imo.

How much gold do you get at the 15k point range?

So after 30 rerolls finally pulled an SS healer and a S Healer. Not sure about the best way to enchant these, should i just use the S healer to enchant the SS? Or is there a need to keep both healers

this game reminds me a lot of this korean game Seven Knights, even the UI is the same lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxZX1cIv2Gc

art and animations in this game is excellent though

garath

I really need to hit 27. I have so many uniques just sitting there doing nothing including a sweet dagger that will double my dps of the mainhand. Not enough shoes :(

Sword Familiar

I really need to hit 27. I have so many uniques just sitting there doing nothing including a sweet dagger that will double my dps of the mainhand. Not enough shoes :(

When I reach lv27 everything is going to change. The whole world might explode from all the awesome weapons I'll equip.

Stider

Just checking but can anyone in the guild see if I still have an application for the guild? Looking at it I think I still have the request going but just want to confirm?

Account: Stider
Char: Liastre

I think the crap performance is the processor ramping up. Should be fixable with a patch. Later on a level starts with a cutscene and everything is smooth for first attacks. The performance issues aren't there on Bluestacks.

Never change your mind in rolls! It only leads to heartbreak.

I moved my account to my ipad and god damn it's so much smoother. I dont see the slow down in any capacity and it's kinda disappointing that this ipad mini 2 is kicking the shit out of my nexus 6 in performance (not just on this one game, either)

There's always been a jank to android stuff that is exactly this, though this is a complaint for a different thread

I'm about to hit 20 and i'm deciding if I want to make a 2nd account for my ipad and use myself as my referral, and get a 2nd account going or not.

Paltros

What's the best way to grind rapport? I can get 30-40 easy just rushing the first few bosses, but by level 15-16 I'm lucky to get 4 rapport from the last desert boss, and I don't dare try and take my rank Cs into the forest with all that AOE and skill disable spam.

Agkel

Has anyone got this to work while rooted on 4.4.2? Ive tried rootcloack mentioned in the second page of the thread and denying shell through XPrivacy but when I launch it it still detects XPrivacy and wont launch.

What's the best way to grind rapport? I can get 30-40 easy just rushing the first few bosses, but by level 15-16 I'm lucky to get 4 rapport from the last desert boss, and I don't dare try and take my rank Cs into the forest with all that AOE and skill disable spam.

rapport feels like it's the same from any mission, just grind out some easy ones IMO.

Top Bottom