• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes gameplay footage

Hydrargyrus

A lot lot better than expected.

I thought it was going to be another clonic moshou but this looks a lot more interestig.

This TGS is really fantastic: DQ Heroes, Bloodborne, Silent Hills, Deep Down... I cant wait to play all these games

As a DQ fan and as a Mosou fan I really like this NOT Mosou game. NOT Mosou games are not that many and we all should be thankful that this NOT Mosou game is being developed. I really can wait to play this NOT Mosou game when it's NOT released in the west.

Loudninja

A lot lot better than expected.

I thought it was going to be another clonic moshou but this looks a lot more interestig.

This TGS is really fantastic: DQ Heroes, Bloodborne, Silent Hills, Deep Down... I cant wait to play all these games
Agreed hopefully we see alot of weapons and armor.

i'd play the game still. i even bought some of the One piece musou games, skipped gundam musou. but i like DQ enough to pick this one up to try. hopefully there's still some RPG element and difficulty is balls hard

Kssio_Aug

Nah... It doesnt look horrible, but not looking so good either. The youtube video quality is pretty bad, but it seems that the scenario is pretty poor, so are the animations. THe art style is good however! But its not the kind of game I see myself playing for long... definitely passing this one. At least seems that we will have a new proper DQ after that.

tumblr_mvd1r7bRbh1rcxo5yo1_400.gif

I mean it looks great. but i'm not so sure on it. Maybe i need to see more Gameplay Trailers

wrowa

I don't know about this yet. Will probably remain undecided until release. I like Musou well enough, but for some reason the thought of a Musou-inspired DQ is just not doing anything for me.

I also hope that they won't get rid of the open battlefield of Musou games. I suspect the usual Musou combat only gets less interesting if you follow a linear path. Well, let's see.

Looks really good!

Definitely a warriors title, which I love but the blend of Dragon Quest mechanics and tropes seemed nicely implemented. Will definitely want to buy this... though importing seems likely considering how SE treats this franchise outside Japan...

KiTA

Seeing the start, where the hero runs up towards the DQ1 Dragon in a huge arena... makes me realize I really want a Dragon Quest Monster Hunter knockoff.

rouken

Clearly Mosou

Just because it has more features than the standard Mosou they can't say it's not. But this totally looks great and a breath of fresh air from an already stale genre

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
HOT DAMN does this look good.

What it reminds me of is the older DQ mangas. Since those used to have a single character beating the living hell out of multiple monsters at once at times.

Parakeetman

That in game mini menu reminds me of the one that they used in toukiden. Pretty cool. Dont recall if any DW games had it.

crinale

If it feels like a Musou game, I'd buy it.
If it doesn't feel like a Musou game, I'd buy it.

And yes, it's a mixture of DW / Toukiden and Zill'Oll.

Parakeetman

Dai no Daibouken game adaption effing where, Square Enix?

That was such an epic manga series. Am sad that they never did another one. Its funny how the latest DQ manga is all grim dark lol. Emblem of Roto or something. Good series too though.

dukeoflegs

Its been a long time since I played any Dragon Quest games but hearing that music in the first minute of the video sure did bring back memories from playing the first one on the NES. I'll pick this up it looks fun.

LowParry

I'm in for the soundtrack. But that's probably it. Though I'm curious if we'll see a Western release or not.

JayDub

This looks really good!!! With aforementioned dungeons and bosses, open world? and customizable avatar, damn..this could be an amazing action RPG. Armor, weapons, shops, etc.

Top Bottom