• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes gameplay footage

Jeels

Man, that button mashing away at that Dragon.

And then the hoards of enemies looked cool until it was just button mashing through them as well, with no end in sight.

Ultratech

sörine;130929542 said:
Think Monster Hunter. You have a base/town you do your shopping/crafting/meeting at and you go out on missions with specific goals. The more missions you complete the more missions you unlock and better materials you get access to. And like Toukiden/MH there's going to be giant boss monsters, which is a first for Musou outside of the recent Zelda one.

The Dynasty Warriors: Gundam games had some of those in the form of Giant Mobile Armors.

I remember them from 2 where they were kinda annoying to fight.

sörine;130929542 said:
Think Monster Hunter. You have a base/town you do your shopping/crafting/meeting at and you go out on missions with specific goals. The more missions you complete the more missions you unlock and better materials you get access to. And like Toukiden/MH there's going to be giant boss monsters, which is a first for Musou outside of the recent Zelda one.

DQ Swords had a semi-similar setup actually, mission based but with a central town. Square Enix also classified that as an action RPG too.
Is that close to strike force?

Producer Ryota Aomi asked Niconico viewers which Dragon Quest V character they would like to be playable. A questionnaire appeared on screen and four options were given. When the results came in, almost 50 percent voted for Bianca. In response to this, Koei Tecmo’s Kenichi Ogasawara said they’ll have to “seriously consider” adding her to the game.

Moving on, the PlayStation 4 version of Dragon Quest: Heroes will “run smoothly at 60 frames per second,” and its graphics are “beautiful enough to see the monster’s fur.”

And the bit about 8 and 11

Finally, yesterday, Japanese blogs picked up on an interesting level difference in the two Dragon Quest: Heroes gameplay demos shown during Sony’s Tokyo Game Show stage events. In the first demo, the player was level eight. Dragon Quest VIII was the last game in the series on PlayStation. In yesterday’s surprise demo from series creator Yuji Horii, the player was level 11. Dragon Quest XI is currently in development for unannounced platform(s). Using this as evidence, blogs deduced that Dragon Quest XI, is in fact in development for PlayStation 4. Ogasawara apparently playfully added a reference to the “level 11″ stuff becoming such a hot topic to Square Enix’s booth signage.

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/dragon-quest-heroes-playable-characters-previous-games

sn00zer

Just realized this s a perfect game to release before DQ11....simple cash grab with established gameplay, and you get to build assets that can be transferred to DQ11

Just realized this s a perfect game to release before DQ11....simple cash grab with established gameplay, and you get to build assets that can be transferred to DQ11

and help them have something up and running on ps4 and not take a bajillion years to develop

Ravage

I'm actually hoping this is the case. The gfx and art style looks pretty awesome and it would be lovely if DQ11 looks anything like this.

sn00zer

I'm actually hoping this is the case. The gfx and art style looks pretty awesome and it would be lovely if DQ11 looks anything like this.

I think DQ11 will actually have the DQ8 cel shaded look....DQH looks about as standard as you can get rendering -wise, but the models can still be ported.

crinale

Thorgal

I'm going to be needing a puff puff attack here.

too op .
UuGj39w.gif

Shouta

How is it not a Musou , yet it looks like one? Still hope you can play with DQ VIII characters.

Musou likely conjures a specific image to the JP developers as opposed to the fanbase. I don't really consider a game just having tons of enemies for you to bash to be a Musou anymore. It has to be a certain kind of setup, specifically in the Dynasty, Samurai, Gundam Warriors vein. They've added things to the game to differentiate them over the years to make them wholly different. Strikeforce/Multi Raid, Toukiden, etc

If this has an adventuring aspect, then it's not really musou anymore, =P

Loudninja

Musou likely conjures a specific image to the JP developers as opposed to the fanbase. I don't really consider a game just having tons of enemies for you to bash to be a Musou anymore. It has to be a certain kind of setup, specifically in the Dynasty, Samurai, Gundam Warriors vein. They've added things to the game to differentiate them over the years to make them wholly different. Strikeforce/Multi Raid, Toukiden, etc

Agreed.

as long as the level design isn't One Piece bad. (i haven't played OP2 so i can't comment)

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I'm interested in seeing how gimped the PS3 version of this will be. I'm not worried about it not being 60 fps, but I'm wondering how much they had to scale it down in terms of number of enemies on screen etc.

Aeana

Well, it obviously comes down to whether you're a fan or not. However, I think if the thing you don't like about Musou games is the tons of enemies being cleaved by single blows part, then it doesn't matter whether a game is "technically" a Musou game or one of the variants. The thing you're not a fan of is common between all of them, and that's what a lot of people are saying when they say "this is clearly a Musou game."

Square and Koei are starting a new web show called Dragon Quest: Heroes TV to give updates on the game

Square Enix producer Ryota Aomi and Koei Tecmo producer Kenichi Ogasawara will be on hand with the latest version of the game to demonstrate. And voice actress Shoko Nakagawa and Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii will also be present.

The broadcast will air via Niconico on October 28 at 16:00 Japan time.

http://gematsu.com/2014/10/dragon-quest-heroes-update-coming-october-28

Top Bottom