• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI for DS announced !!

jman2050 said:
PSP am cry

It is almost like the egm rumor didn't let us know this was coming?
Why is "psp am cry", psp got the final fantasy ports and tactics and will most likely get these too before too long.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Was only a matter of time. Man...there is only like 3-4 games coming out from SE that aren't DQ, FF, or Mana. Crazy.

Whatever, if these comes to the states, I'll pick em up.

Ranger X

The DS is right in line for raping the PS2 and GBA and become the best selling console of all time.

The DS will end all. Pretty much confirmed.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
my favorite out of those 3 is DQ4, but DQ5 and DQ6 kick ass too. Im really wondering how they'll look.

Enduin said:
I really really did not like DQVIII because of painfully simplistic story and slow combat, does that automatically mean IV, V and VI are not for me or do they have better(or rather more developed) stories and faster(varied) combat?

DQVIII had the slowest combat in the whole series because of all the technological upgrades. In old-school dragon quest the battles move very quickly. This was true in DQVII as well even though it was on a disc medium. When grinding I could sometimes do three fights in a minute, whereas in most rpgs nowadays the shortest battles are at least a minute long, though I never timed the battles in DQVIII.

I never played enough of DQVIII to be able to say much about its story, but the storytelling in DQIV is marvelous, owing to the brilliant chapter system.

I am buying DQIV on day one if it comes to the US.

The M.O.B

Woo-Fu said:
so that particular EGM rumor isn't a rumor anymore. :)

EGM wasn't exactly the first to run such a rumor.

edit: I think Hori said he want to do it, which is where all the talk came from.

Jiggy

Enduin said:
And does anyone think this means FFV and VI wont be getting DS remakes anytime soon? Cause that would really not be cool.
First of all, FFVI is tied for my fifth favorite game ever--but, like, it was just put on GBA. Let it cool off a bit.
But second, no, I don't think it means that. The DQ games are pretty clearly not using the FFIII/IV engine, so S-E can probably do more than one at once.

Diablos54

OokieSpookie said:
It is almost like the egm rumor didn't let us know this was coming?
Why is "psp am cry", psp got the final fantasy ports and tactics and will most likely get these too before too long.
Remakes of the first 2 FF's (4th time they've been released), and a Tactic's port. Nothing compared to FF III/IV/V/VI DS remakes, and now DQ IV/V/VI & IX.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Innotech said:
jesus Squenix/Nintendo....not giving PSP any room to breathe are you?
PSP? That kind of announcement kick the balls of the home consoles too.

jjasper

IV is so freaking awesome and man I have wanted to play V since about forever, please bring it to the states this time.

PhoenixDark said:
Does this mean PSP gets I,II,III, VII, and VIII?

I wouldn't be suprised if VII did eventually.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Square-Enix is investing an incredible amount of resources on the DS.

They would be stupid not to honestly, these and the ff games for ds/psp are all very little overhead cost and mostly profit.
Definitely a good way to go and the screens look quite good too.

Innotech

Banned
it makes me wonder what else Squenix is hiding.
Could there be another wii game in the works too?
I think we know what platform the next 2 DQ's will be on.:lol

Jiggy

KTallguy said:
Money time :)
I'm not a DQ fan, but this will sell gobs of units.

Gobs.
You've reminded me. Every month or so I'm given some new reason to regret not buying Nintendo stock. Here's another one, and for that matter it's bigger than most (edit: practically all) of the reasons in the past. :(

...Only question is... Considering what happened with DQMJ, can Nintendo produce enough DS carts to make these games the successes they should be?

KTallguy said:
Money time :)
I'm not a DQ fan, but this will sell gobs of units.

Gobs.

At least Square-Enix behaviour is perfectly explicable: most of the games and resources go were there is the biggest (and fastest growing) installed base. It's really not a surprise.

JayDubya

Banned
**** YES. DQ V was the best thing evar, next to FF IV, that is. Those two represent a major high point in the history of jRPGs.

And I finally get to play VI, to boot.

Edit: No evidence of a NA release yet, though, right? :'(

NichM

Banned
DQIV is my favorite in the series. I'm crossing my fingers for a NA release so hard my bones may break.

Top Bottom