• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Sword [Wii] Boxart

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Smiles and Cries said:
this is the old (official) original art

dragon-quest-swords-the-masked-queen-and-the-tower-of-mirrors-20070123022158515.jpg

I wonder why it ended up on the box?

It was always announced that the official art work you posted was going to be on the cover.

Oh and I blame Blablurn for starting this thread's slow tread to pedophile horrors. And I also blame myself for being naive and making further comments.

Nice boxart, but...so they have ONE artwork? Because we always get to see those 3 charackters in the same poses.
I was already annoyed be the few different boxart of Twilight Princess, but one is a bit overdoing it.

Come on, Akira, more!

Eteric Rice

Is it me, or is this the first time the main characters don't look anything like they're from DBZ aside from the outfits?

I mean, the hair is completely different than usual...

Maybe I need to watch more Dragonball.

Alkaliine said:
I still wonder just how well this game will see in Japan. The question is whether they will willingly buy a game that is so heavily based on action, and is on rails.
Didn't the standalone game sold half a million or something like that? I think with this one it depends on how the game turns out. It'll do decently bc of the name alone but not being a numbered title I think word of mouth is neccessary to push it beyond and into "big hitter" territory.

grandjedi6

Eteric Rice said:
My God, are you a timelord? Your avatar changes more than Doctor Who!

It's not a bad thing, but it confuzzles me.

Its a looping avatar it changes everytime the page loads.

The game's visual style is intriguing. The environments and enemies are similar to Zelda, but the characters are cell-shaded.

Mandoric

Banned
grandjedi6 said:

It's old enough to have gone beyond fad and into subculture; that said, the things at question in my post are the faddish tastes for socks that leave about an inch gap under the skirt, and eyes of different colors, which are at best low-scale fetishes, randomly kicked into mass popularity by winning the fad lottery of "being used on a girl from a pop culture fragment that hits big".

And, of course, neither of these things are related to the subculture, other than in that people wearing "sexy" dresses but still trying to maintain a bit of modesty, hinting, and girlishness are relatively likely to try short skirt/high socks, and people whose idea of fashion already involves outlandish designs and colors for things up to and including body parts may well go ahead and do crazy things with colored contacts.

Eteric Rice

Mandoric said:
It's old enough to have gone beyond fad and into subculture; that said, the things at question in my post are the faddish tastes for socks that leave about an inch gap under the skirt, and eyes of different colors, which are at best low-scale fetishes, randomly kicked into mass popularity by winning the fad lottery of "being used on a girl from a pop culture fragment that hits big".

That's pretty much what I like about her... Cept I never noticed the different color eyes.

Socks are nice, though.

the game looks great. I hope it doesn't suck. hopefully it sells 500k + that would be solid as a spin off for a new console

Kazenone

Bossman said:
The game will sell nicely in Japan but it will bomb in Europe & America.

If we're even lucky enough to get it at all. Can't see this getting a PAL release, since we have only had 1 DQ game come here, I don't think the spin-off will be well recieved.

Haunted

I usually don't like Toriyama's artstyle, but this boxart looks good. I would like him more if he'd draw like that more often.

iwatayamauchi1.gif

That is the best avatar I have ever seen.

Haunted One said:
I usually don't like Toriyama's artstyle, but this boxart looks good. I would like him more if he'd draw like that more often.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/grandack/iwatayamauchi1.gif
That is the best avatar I have ever seen.
Yeah not a big fan of DBZ's style either but this one looks pretty nice-very old-school with somewhat believable proportions (minus the big heads).

And thx for the praise :D. Made it of this little pic someone posted, which is pure awesomeness and beyond:

iwatasbx1.jpg

Anybody know how well Kenshin Dragon Quest sold? From what I understood, it sold really well for a standalone product so I'm sure DQ:S should eclipse its sales.

I've had a hard on for her since this game was announced, she seems to always be pointing her ass at the screen which can only mean good things. :lol

Can't wait to play this. :p

Best character I've seen Toriyama do for aaages, almost un-Toriyama like - at least its not just a Bulma clone like usual.

She's awesome. <3

Eteric Rice

Conrad Link said:
Best character I've seen Toriyama do for aaages, almost un-Toriyama like - at least its not just a Bulma clone like usual.

She's awesome. <3

That's what I thought. I wonder if he changed his style up some?

Would be cool if he did.

I can't wait to see SE's take on the Wii controls. Konami did really well with Elebits.

Hopefully, it will inspire SE to create new IPs specific to the Wii.

Deku

Banned
chibcicylist said:
I can't wait to see SE's take on the Wii controls. Konami did really well with Elebits.

Hopefully, it will inspire SE to create new IPs specific to the Wii.

There's no 'take on Wii controls' to anticipate here. This is an expanded console version of Kenshin DraQue with added elements and a storyline. The actual sword mechanics are already known for the most part.

Deku said:
There's no 'take on Wii controls' to anticipate here. This is an expanded console version of Kenshin DraQue with added elements and a storyline. The actual sword mechanics are already known for the most part.

I wanna know how they implement it. Is it broken? Is it smooth? Is it intuitive? That kind of thang.

Damn! If this doesn't come to the US heads will roll.

I'm sure they'll butcher the box art and throw some stupid IGN quote on there for good measure. :(

Link

The Autumn Wind
Forgotten Ancient said:
Damn! If this doesn't come to the US heads will roll.

I'm sure they'll butcher the box art and throw some stupid IGN quote on there for good measure. :(
I'd think "Our frothing demand increases" on this box may raise some questions.

Barakov

onegoodlogan said:
What's a zettai ryouiki?

Is it like a budokai tenkaichi?

Zettai ryouiki means absolute territory. Budokai Tenkaichi literally means strongest under the heavens.

Deku

Banned
king zell said:
get-5-2007-2u9j6o7v.jpeg

Release date July 12th in Japan :)

Is this some sort of secret Al Qaeda code to give commands to a sleeper cell?

translation: They probably want you to stop stealing their holy bandwidth.

grandjedi6

I'm wondering if Square-Enix is going to keep the name as just Dragon Quest Swords for its NA release.

Top Bottom