• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Sword [Wii] Boxart

Xavien

Link said:
The amazing power of right-click tells me it's from the new Doctor Who, episode 1x13.

Which also happens to be the episode when
Christopher Eccelston changes into David Tenant after absorbing the power of the TARDIS from rose and using up one of his regenerations
That specific screencap is 'just' after he says "mm... New Teeth!".

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
The girl is amazing indeed. Oh, and I love how she looks in game, almost better than in the 2D artwork!

This will be a ****ing million seller on the Wii!

Mandoric

Banned
Midna said:
Oh my goodness, that is beautiful. Also, aren't horizontally striped panties needed in order to complete zettai ryouiki?

Shimapan may help in the general look that absolute territory is used in, and may even help it if you know she's wearing them but can't see them, but if you can see them they absolutely break the skirt-thigh-sock harmony; I don't know that it can really be called that with them visible.

Barakov said:
Zettai ryouiki means absolute territory. Budokai Tenkaichi literally means strongest under the heavens.

Not quite; "tenkaichi" is close but only means "best"/"#1" (under the heavens, that is), while budokai is a martial arts tournament.

Zoramon089 said:
Just because she's goth doesn't mean she has to be loli

No, but were she goth rather than gothloli she'd have far fewer frills and bows, her skirt would be replaced with either pants or a nonlayered one, the beads would be gone, and the striped socks would be right out.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Red Scarlet said:
I don't see why not.

I'm just trying to think of which way Square-Enix will go with this. Most Dragon Quest games drop the subtitle for its NA release but DQ VIII did not.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
dq22.jpg

dq26.jpg

50831520061222_163256_17_big.jpg
50831520061222_163256_18_big.jpg

DQSHOTTIE.jpg

dqs01_1024.jpg

Kazenone

grandjedi6 said:
I'm just trying to think of which way Square-Enix will go with this. Most Dragon Quest games drop the subtitle for its NA release but DQ VIII did not.

Maybe they'll release it under the Heroes title like Rocket Slime. It would be a good theme for DQ Spin-offs getting NA/PAL release.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Kazenone said:
Maybe they'll release it under the Heroes title like Rocket Slime. It would be a good theme for DQ Spin-offs getting NA/PAL release.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Swords?!?

I really don't think they will do that. I think at least Dragon Quest Swords will be the main title

Red Scarlet

I'd imagine that some subtitle would be used, maybe not what the Japanese one has, but maybe something. Oh, new picture.

Kazenone

grandjedi6 said:
Dragon Quest Heroes: Swords?!?

I really don't think they will do that. I think at least Dragon Quest Swords will be the main title

DQH: Swords doesn't sound great, but I think it's a good direction to market DQ/FF Spin-offs outside japan. I'd like the see the same thing for FF under the Fables title.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
underfooter said:
Sorry I've been out of the Japanese RPG realm for....forever. Is he a great developer or something?

No. He's some new guy that hasn't done anything worth while. Move along.

Red Scarlet

underfooter said:
Sorry I've been out of the Japanese RPG realm for....forever. Is he a great developer or something?

He's the guy that created Dragon Quest and has always been there from day one.

ethelred

underfooter said:

Horii's the creator of the Dragon Quest series and has done the scenario and game design for all eight main installments (he was also the scenario lead on Chrono Trigger).

Aside from executive oversight, he hasn't had any involvement in prior DQ spinoffs -- this is the first one that's featured his full involvement in his normal series roles (scenario & game design).

Cosmozone

..pakbeka.. said:
this game has the best Akira Toriyama designs since.... when did Dragon Ball start again? (DB, not DBZ)
Yes, I was totally shocked, too. Toriyama is officially great again. I didn't love DB designs that much after all, compared to the earlier Dr. Slump. And the Dragon Quest designs somehow copied DB. DB started in 1984 according to Wikipedia.
I also wonder who that girl's name is romanized. Cynthia? Setia? I'm a little clueless here.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
underfooter said:

Well if you were into Japanese RPGs at anytime, he was around

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
chibcicylist said:
Who wants to take a $5 bet that somebody somewhere is fapping at this thread this very moment?
It's a Yuji Horii game. If you're not fapping, you're the antigamer.

Eteric Rice

chibcicylist said:
Who wants to take a $5 bet that somebody somewhere is fapping at this thread this very moment?

Probably.

But then again, Dragon Quest games are filled with bunny girls, and skimpy outfit wearing mages.

It's awesome.

jessicawtfmj8.jpg

<3 :D

ethelred

Congratulations, chibcyclist and Eteric Rice -- you've actually made me less anticipatory towards a DQ game. Great going, guys.

Innotech

Banned
I always liked to draw anime characters with long stockings and skirts exactly like that. now I actually have a term to call it.

Smiles and Cries said:
damn at least do a google search, saving yourself from being marked for life on GAF

You could type 'Trip Hawkins' into google and hear good things about him. Sorry I'm not a JRPG person, but when I want the truth on the developement communicty I come to no other than the GAF. Be proud.....be very proud.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Innotech said:
I always liked to draw anime characters with long stockings and skirts exactly like that. now I actually have a term to call it.
One day, a time traveler is going to come back to this exact moment in order to save the fate of mankind.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
underfooter said:
You could type 'Trip Hawkins' into google and hear good things about him. Sorry I'm not a JRPG person, but when I want the truth on the developement communicty I come to no other than the GAF. Be proud.....be very proud.

Don't be a shmuck. If you know who Trip Hawkins is you have no excuse to not know the father of the modern RPG.

PantherLotus said:
Don't be a shmuck. If you know who Trip Hawkins is you have no excuse to not know the father of the modern RPG.

Ya, I sure am a shmuck. Why didn't I know who the father of the modern RPG was? Why am I such a shmuck?

Top Bottom