• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 took 12 years because "the stars really had to align" for the "massive amount of resources" an open-world RPG takes

Draugoth

Gold Member
e2bceupeHwEGXuWDesnrnb-970-80.jpg.webp

via Gamesradar

"It's simply the case that as a company with many large series on the go at the same time, while we, of course, love Dragon's Dogma and Itsuno-san has commented he would love to just get straight back to it, there are lots of projects scheduled, and he had to put his attention on other games for a while before being able to come back to Dragon's Dogma," Hirabayashi says. "It's not just a matter of schedule – these games, especially open-world style games, they take a massive amount of resources, manpower, and development time and planning to implement," he continues.

"So the stars really had to align for the director and a large enough team and the resources and the time to all be available at the right timing for him to get back into it. It wasn't so much that we waited for any particular reason, but that's just realistically how long it took for him to tackle everything else that was on his slate before he got back into it."

Mr Hyde

No, it's about Capcom not having faith in the original until it started gaining popularity with the string of remasters they released for last gen consoles and PC. Word of mouth got better over the years and it started to get a cult following due to its unique combat system. But it was Dark Arisen and the Bitter black Isle expansion that breathed new life into the game, and it being kinda roguelike in its execution (and being hard as fuck) contributed to the games longevity (and subsequent sales numbers).

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
so far all previews were on consoles i believe, im very interested on how the game runs on an average gaming PC.
I have a 3080 and haven’t had any issue with capcom games.

Even RE4 remake said I was going above the thresholds maxed out in 4k getting 100 fps.

So I feel confident based off their track record.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I have a 3080 and haven’t had any issue with capcom games.

Even RE4 remake said I was going above the thresholds maxed out in 4k getting 100 fps.

So I feel confident based off their track record.
re4 remake is not as demanding as DD2 and DD2 is a CPU demanding game.
Console have performance mode for re4 remake but not DD2

As i said, it is very weird not to have preview for the PC version, something doesnt add up here.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

As i said, it is very weird not to have preview for the PC version, something doesnt add up here.
Capcom gets a free pass from me until they fuck up.

I don’t pre order anything anyways so if day if it’s dog shit then I look to Ronin.

sendit

Good thing my CPU and most modern cpus from the last few years crush what is in the PS5 or Series consoles.

Shut0wen

No, it's about Capcom not having faith in the original until it started gaining popularity with the string of remasters they released for last gen consoles and PC. Word of mouth got better over the years and it started to get a cult following due to its unique combat system. But it was Dark Arisen and the Bitter black Isle expansion that breathed new life into the game, and it being kinda roguelike in its execution (and being hard as fuck) contributed to the games longevity (and subsequent sales numbers).
Cant blame capcom though, game did incredibly poorly to start with, especially at a time it was there only game that had no dlc on the disc that was locked behind a paywall

Top Bottom