• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Lair [DS] first screens

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Michael said:
s13074_xb_14.jpg
Yeah but didn't that suck?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Vertical split screen Dragon's Lair is something I never want to see again after looking at those two screenshots. At least they're allowing you to play it single screen mode.

I wouldn't buy this myself anyway - I have admittedly had a bit of a fascination with Dragon's Lair and its sequel, but mostly for the Don Bluth animation than anything else. If I wanted that I'd try and get it on an interactive DVD version. Paying full price for a small screen, very simple, very frustrating, very shallow game that takes a little over 10 minutes to complete is not my idea of gaming nirvana.

This doesn't need to exist. The DS already has a hombrew Dragon's Lair.

http://www.ds-video.com/dslair/

It's not the complete game and it's more of a demo for a DS codec, but it does show how much effort is required for this game. The developers of the commercial version should've kept the video to one screen. Hitting a button for the sword looks like it will be a pain. I hope they don't make you touch the screen or say "sword" for this.

Top Bottom