• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake vs Kendrick Lamar

That whole pedophile shit is a huge reach. And the internet knows it. Kendrick knows it. But hey.. its funny.

Drop the nonsense allegations and drop BARS kendrick. you looking childish out here.
L0AXgWb.jpeg

Drake has barely legal pussy on pre order.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
So, this first time ever listening to this Kendrick guy (never listened to Drake either)... this is the epitome in current hip hop?
All these diss tracks are shit, that they even release such stuff into the wild is the outrageous part.

Thaimasker

What drake just dropped now has more dislikes than likes, the first song in this beef to come close to that. His official releases before this were very well received( even many Kendrick Stans were giving push ups and family ties props)

Apparently Kendrick might not drop anymore, would be a sad end to this.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
What drake just dropped now has more dislikes than likes, the first song in this beef to come close to that. His official releases before this were very well received( even many Kendrick Stans were giving push ups and family ties props)

It definitely felt like Drake was trying to walk away on this one. Like Family Matters also had that "This is my last word" tone but it was confident, but this one is more like "Ok enough already, I'm going home."

If Kendrick walks away now, he still wins. But I feel like he wants that victory lap.

Drake cooking this fool.

Kendrick making a bunch of shit up, getting baited, fed fake info, making songs about fake info he was baited with... and his fans eat it up lmfao.

dropping random ass diss tracks, not actually RESPONDING to shit drake is saying. how come he's not denying the wife beating allegations?

Millie speaks:

millie-bobby-brown-drake-1537529780.jpg

That whole pedophile shit is a huge reach. And the internet knows it. Kendrick knows it. But hey.. its funny.

Drop the nonsense allegations and drop BARS kendrick. you looking childish out here.
Dude, he was texting a 14 year old and giving her boyfriend advice. It’s creepy as hell. A 14 year old doesn’t get to be the authority in whether that was creepy.

He also wrong a song that’s basically being bummed out after grooming a chick and he didn’t get a piece in Jaded.

Drake is a corny, gross creep, and it’s been known for years.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

Man, I understand people have different taste, but to say Drake did anything in this battle beside being a punching bag is the ultimate hilarity.

Drake: You beat your wife and are just mad you were molested.

Kendrick: Your an actor playing a rapper. None of your friends like you, you use your father to get black brownie points because you wish you could fit in to black culture and be accepted. Also here is a detailed break down of how you use other artists to create your rap persona and boost yourself annnnnddd your a pedo that runs In pedo crew.

Bruh.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Dude, he was texting a 14 year old and giving her boyfriend advice. It’s creepy as hell. A 14 year old doesn’t get to be the authority in whether that was creepy.

He also wrong a song that’s basically being bummed out after grooming a chick and he didn’t get a piece in Jaded.

I dont see how its creepy.

I give my 15 year old girl cousin boyfriend advice. Im a grown ass man.

You guys make it creepy, its only creepy if you make it creepy. I think theres nothing wrong with an adult giving a teenager dating advice. Its not like he's making a move on her. If he was, that would be creepy.

To me its like grown men who say girl gymnasts, girl yoga instructors, girls in the gym, etc shouldn't be working out and performing in certain clothing. They have to sexualize everything. Theres nothing sexual about what a gymnast wears lol.

and as for that girl on stage... this is what she had to say today.

sub-buzz-1215-1715031472-7.png

sub-buzz-1527-1715031357-1.png

whole lot of hoopla about nothing.

my 2 cents.

Now if thers other shit out there im unaware of, then ok - but to me this is just cancel culture in full effect.

Last edited:

Its definitely creepy. But if thats the only example then calling him a pedo for that makes millie bobby brown a victim. I dont think shed appreciate being the victim in this rap beef and probably wouldnt agree with it.

False equivalence, that's your family. Now if you told me that you are talking to, looking after, or texting a random teenager that you are not affiliated with in any way, I would ask what your reason was, as any sane human being would ask.
To me its like grown men who say girl gymnasts, girl yoga instructors, girls in the gym, etc shouldn't be working out and performing in certain clothing. They have to sexualize everything. There's nothing sexual about what a gymnast wears lol.
Another false equivalence. You know that isn't what this allegedly is.

my 2 cents.

Now if thers other shit out there im unaware of, then ok - but to me this is just cancel culture in full effect.
Represent. Represent. I would need an interview from Drake to understand why he is even getting into these situations with teenage women who are completely unrelated to him.

I understand your gripes about cancel culture, but you have to apply rational questions and thought to it as well or else you'll find yourself irrationally defending a guy you don't even know for allegations that have a percent chance of coming true. The fact that the percent chance exists, is the problem.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
False equivalence, that's your family. Now if you told me that you are talking to, looking after, or texting a random teenager that you are not affiliated with in any way, I would ask what your reason was, as any sane human being would ask.

Another false equivalence. You know that isn't what this allegedly is.

Represent. Represent. I would need an interview from Drake to understand why he is even getting into these situations with teenage women who are completely unrelated to him.

I understand your gripes about cancel culture, but you have to apply rational questions and thought to it as well or else you'll find yourself irrationally defending a guy you don't even know for allegations that have a percent chance of coming true. The fact that the percent chance exists, is the problem.
So what are people saying?

That he was a little creepy for bringing that girl on stage? Ok fine, in hindsight.

Or is it that he is a straight up, hardcore pedophile, having sex with underage teen girls, having an underage hostel in his house. Because that is the shit Kendrick is accusing him of in his songs lol. And to me its just ridiculous people are jumping to THAT level of character assasination based on the video above and nothing else...

To me these are completely different levels of accusations.

Last edited:
So what are people saying?

That he was a little creepy for bringing that girl on stage? Ok fine, in hindsight.
Yes, people are saying it is weird and there are a lot of odd coincidences. Coincidences that Drake can avoid by changing the type of circles he gets himself involved with.

On a side note, his last few albums were criticized because he is still rapping like a young 20 something rapper(along with hanging out with younger rappers) and not providing material that someone near the age of 40 years old would provide.
Or is it that he is a straight up, hardcore pedophile, having sex with underage teen girls, having an underage hostel in his house. Because that is the shit Kendrick is accusing him of in his songs lol. And to me its just ridiculous people are jumping to THAT level of character assasination based on the video above and nothing else...
There’s always going to be these extreme types online and you’ll have to cope with it just like we all have. We see it with cancel culture. We see it with anti-woke. It’s just two extremes that will always be loud and vocal online. The important thing is for as many people as possible to not immediately jump to play defense or offense. We simply don’t know this guy, and I’d rather your comments about him not age like milk. Same with others here who are claiming the opposite.

My post before is to simply point out that his odds look worse because he keeps making these odd moves. The minute he stops and moves on to something else, is the minute he stops burying himself further and further into these allegations. If he is innocent, he should wave the white flag here and bunker down for a while. The more he pushes Kendrick, the more he keeps burying himself further. His latest diss had holes in it(you can tell he rushed it out without taking a better look at the lyrics), which is why people are questioning further and digging.

SF Kosmo

The Heart Part 6 bricked. It's getting ratioed to oblivion on YouTube and isn't anywhere on the charts.

Meanwhile Kendrick has the #1 and #2 song on the US Spotify chart with Not Like Us and Euphoria. That's a wrap, right there, he doesn't really need to respond.

Who knows if the second Drake kid stuff is true, it kind of doesn't matter. That's not how rap beefs are won.

The Heart Part 6 bricked. It's getting ratioed to oblivion on YouTube and isn't anywhere on the charts.

Meanwhile Kendrick has the #1 and #2 song on the US Spotify chart with Not Like Us and Euphoria. That's a wrap, right there, he doesn't really need to respond.
I think Kendrick is going to let this simmer for a while due to Drake's mistakes, and then drop a diss this friday or next week. It took a minute for people to realize how bad that latest Drake diss was. Such sloppy writing from him and his team compared to his last diss which was actually pretty good.

Drake has a good delivery and that's really it. He can't write, he can't flow, he has nothing to say about anything. This is why he's the favorite rapper of vapid white girls, he's all image and no substance.
Also, this take is already starting to become out of date from online discourse. It is reaching all of those casual audiences.

Give me quote I'll read.
This stuff is reaching anime fans:

a-true-master-manipulator-v0-032h74o47syc1.jpeg

kii7crhh0wyc1.png

It's reaching clubs and parties in different cities:

It's reaching sports:

It's reaching media personalities who don't normally look at hip hop:

lmaoooo-even-jack-v0-71purncfawyc1.png

Restaurants are calling it (they also did this when Drake and Meek Mill had their beef and Drake won):

in-n-out-aint-in-with-the-canadian-suburb-rapper-v0-cl7i4o2kpwyc1.jpeg

It's reaching those 'vapid white girls' you're talking about:

It even reached 4chan:

dot-walked-right-into-the-trap-smh-v0-sqkmo4tjypyc1.jpeg

And it even reached Tokyo, Japan which Drake said he was popular there in the song "Push Ups"

Lastly Kendrick's songs have almost all shot up to the top 6, taking spots 1 and 2:

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Really? The flow is absolute garbage, it's how I can tell he wrote this one himself. There's no kind of rhythm or meter until he gets to the end of each bar, it's all sloppy shit like his dorky Blackberry freestyle he gets clowned on from back in the day.

When he doesn't have a reference track to karaoke, Drake is a dumpster tier rapper, and always has been.

Maybe it says more about how bad I think Drake usually is, I dunno, maybe I was just in a good mood. Thought he sounded okay for once. I still haven't really liked a Drake track in 10+ years.

If he's caught Kenny out with a fake daughter leak it's a good blow, but other than that he's absolutely in the mud as expected. Anyone who thinks he's won this thing has crayons for brains.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Kendrick is winning as of now but I think Pushups is the best individual song so far. I'm still chucking about that Metro line.

You guys make it creepy, its only creepy if you make it creepy. I think theres nothing wrong with an adult giving a teenager dating advice. Its not like he's making a move on her. If he was, that would be creepy.

To me its like grown men who say girl gymnasts, girl yoga instructors, girls in the gym, etc shouldn't be working out and performing in certain clothing. They have to sexualize everything. Theres nothing sexual about what a gymnast wears lol.

sub-buzz-1215-1715031472-7.png

sub-buzz-1527-1715031357-1.png

my 2 cents.

It’s not only creepy if you make it creepy. It’s fuckin creepy. A 30 year old man messaging a 14 year old saying shit like I miss you so much, and giving dating advice is straight up creepy.

Let’s say you got a 14 year old daughter. Are you cool with drake private messaging her and talking about relationships and saying stuff like I miss you so much ima meet up with you and we can talk about boys?

SF Kosmo

If he's caught Kenny out with a fake daughter leak it's a good blow, but other than that he's absolutely in the mud as expected.
I dunno, if he set Kenny up, he forgot the pay off... Like the whole point of leaking someone a fake story or picture is that you can then point to something that proves it and go "Haha gotcha". It's one thing to not be able to prove an allegation, it's another to not be able to show the payoff to your own trick. It's like doing a card trick where you go "Ha, I forced a card and so I know what you picked" and never guessing the card.

Drake is just gaslighting like always and it makes things worse for him.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I dunno, if he set Kenny up, he forgot the pay off... Like the whole point of leaking someone a fake story or picture is that you can then point to something that proves it and go "Haha gotcha". It's one thing to not be able to prove an allegation, it's another to not be able to show the payoff to your own trick. It's like doing a card trick where you go "Ha, I forced a card and so I know what you picked" and never guessing the card.

Drake is just gaslighting like always and it makes things worse for him.

Yeah, hard agree. If he really did bait him and also "knew" Kenny was gonna take the Weinstein angle he should've had shit ready to post immediately.

Relistened to The Heart Pt. 6 and the title's the best part of it. Dunno why I thought he had a decent flow on it on the first listen, think I was just hyped for a new track.

Not sure if we see a killing blow from Dot but the honeypot thing is maybe too big to just leave in the air.

Toots

Gold Member
This sentence reminded me of when I met Mobb Deep at a show and it legit felt like they were 5'2 combined. Kinda ruined their music for me honestly, like "oh it's just an act" lol
Are you serious ?! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
So half the size of a normal human being.
I guess there actually are such thing as half way crooks
zvGQQkJ.jpeg

I always thought they wore xxl sized clothing in the shook one video but i guess it was more of an european medium...

Anyway only rapper i saw in the flesh were Raekwon the Chief (normal sized dude) and le Roi Heenok in a Montreal nightclub (easily 6ft4), and both were extremely laid back and cool, so I don't know why the tiny ones are so belligerent...

belmarduk

From Drake's track:

I'm too respected
If I was fucking young girls, I promise I'da been done arrested
I'm way too famous for this shit you just suggested, but that's not the lesson, clearly, there's a deeper message

Uhm.. too famous? Like R. Kelly? Michael Jackson? Jimmy Saville? Steven Tyler?

Braag

We got some good tracks at least. I'm super biased as I've never ever liked Drake and thought he was a mid level rapper.
Meet the Grahams has to be the most damning of the Kendrick tracks, like I felt embarrassed for Drake listening to that. Those were some P.Diddy level accusations Kendrick threw at Drake, and even having yet another secret kid somewhere.

Last edited:
Are you serious ?! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
So half the size of a normal human being.
I guess there actually are such thing as half way crooks
zvGQQkJ.jpeg

I always thought they wore xxl sized clothing in the shook one video but i guess it was more of an european medium...

I was exaggerating a bit but yeah Prodigy was like 5'4 and Havoc was even shorter
Anyway only rapper i saw in the flesh were Raekwon the Chief (normal sized dude) and le Roi Heenok in a Montreal nightclub (easily 6ft4), and both were extremely laid back and cool, so I don't know why the tiny ones are so belligerent...

Napoleon complex probably? lol

Kendrick is winning as of now but I think Pushups is the best individual song so far. I'm still chucking about that Metro line.
While I am chuckling BIGLY at Metro's complete W on X, with the BBLDrizzy Competition. 10k to the first prize and a beat, while the runner-up gets a beat, too!
Metro got X to shit on Drake. LMAO. He got the world to create diss tracks using that BBL Drizzy sample. I'm rolling so damned hard right now. I should change occupation to "rolling pin" Lmao!

I actually read ‘kendrick doesnt need to adress those allegations, its just gossip from tmz’ in that other site.. Like.. lol what? Is domestic violence not serious anymore, or is it only serious sometimes?

This dude describes kendrick fans perfectly.

Last edited:

DosGamer

Only issues that I see so far are all of the fans claiming its over and so and so won... when shit is still being released. How about waiting until the dust has settled before claiming a winner.
Also, its pretty shitty to label someone a pedo (if and I am saying if, you dont really have proof). Its slander and with todays cancel culture... you can see what a lot of fan's plans actually are. Having said that... if beating your significant other cant be proven... then it shouldnt be used either.
I think so far if anything ... we have had some really good music dropped... but way too early to claim a winner and if you have, then your opinion is likely jaded to begin with.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The Heart Part 6

"This Epstein Angle was the **** I expected"

"I never been with no one under age"

"I'm too respected / If I was ****ing young girls I promise I'd have been arrested / I'm way too famous for this s*** you just suggested"

"Drake is not a name you gonna see on no sex offender list"

"Only ****in' with Whitneys, not Millie Bobby Browns, I'd never look twice at no teenager"

azrFqRU.gif

This a diss track or a deposition?

gow3isben

Man, I understand people have different taste, but to say Drake did anything in this battle beside being a punching bag is the ultimate hilarity.

Drake: You beat your wife and are just mad you were molested.

Kendrick: Your an actor playing a rapper. None of your friends like you, you use your father to get black brownie points because you wish you could fit in to black culture and be accepted. Also here is a detailed break down of how you use other artists to create your rap persona and boost yourself annnnnddd your a pedo that runs In pedo crew.

Bruh.

As someone who hasn't heard either person's videos both of these efforts sound equally shit

Last edited:
The Heart Part 6

"This Epstein Angle was the **** I expected"

"I never been with no one under age"

"I'm too respected / If I was ****ing young girls I promise I'd have been arrested / I'm way too famous for this s*** you just suggested"

"Drake is not a name you gonna see on no sex offender list"

"Only ****in' with Whitneys, not Millie Bobby Browns, I'd never look twice at no teenager"

azrFqRU.gif

This a diss track or a deposition?
Drake: "I expected you to compare me to a heinous sex trafficker, jokes on you."

Uhhhh....

Only issues that I see so far are all of the fans claiming its over and so and so won... when shit is still being released. How about waiting until the dust has settled before claiming a winner.
Also, its pretty shitty to label someone a pedo (if and I am saying if, you dont really have proof). Its slander and with todays cancel culture... you can see what a lot of fan's plans actually are. Having said that... if beating your significant other cant be proven... then it shouldnt be used either.
I think so far if anything ... we have had some really good music dropped... but way too early to claim a winner and if you have, then your opinion is likely jaded to begin with.
Neither are being 100% proven, but that’s part of the problem. People are saying it’s over because Drake took the wind out of his own sails with his latest response that’s full of holes, to the point where he has a ton of people online doing their own investigations. At the same time, Kendrick’s songs have topped charts and his most catchy diss is blasting off to the moon in popularity, making it clear who the audiences have chosen.

I want this beef to keep going too, but it’s getting messy to the point of a rapper doing a self-owning diss and not realizing it. If it does all end here, this wouldn’t be the first time a rap beef has ended oddly.

I don't think he has to at this point. The Heart 6 (lol) was like Drake self-hanging himself.
Not Like Us is like No. 1 everywhere, too. So there is that.

GametimeUK

I'm team Kendrick, but I still think Drake held his own. There's a lot of Kendrick dick riders out there along with people who hate Drake. It is what it is though. Kendrick has won by a landslide when it comes to public perception.

Top Bottom