• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 - 1st Promotion Video Trailer

Hedge

Huh. I still can't decide if I like this game or not. Never got a chance to play Nier, sadly. The graphics didn't seem too bad in that game. This - for some reason - still stands out to me as worse. Maybe it's my brain playing tricks on me. Oh well. I'll look into it come release. :p

Pandacon

Trailers looks great.

Nier was one of top games for this gen, so I'm definitely getting this. Also, this'll motivate me to finally play the first 2 games.

sn00zer

Im so confused by this series. From what Ive read the first two were average to bad, with their only saving grace being a ridiculous story....so why do people like this series?

zkylon

zkylewd
Love the CG bits and the design of the main character. Is this game an ARPG or just hack and slash ?

the original drakengard is a hack and slash game with light rpg elements and riding a drgon stuff

dunno about 2 or 3, but I figure it's about the same

Im so confused by this series. From what Ive read the first two were average to bad, with their only saving grace being a ridiculous story....so why do people like this series?
drakengard 1 is really, really weird (among the weirdest "mainstream" game I've played, think killer7 levels of weird), with very dark themes and just so out of the ordinary it's super engaging. and the music is like out of tune hellish, it's awesome. gameplay is really dull and repetitive but you feel like there's some sort of point to it, and you basically play the game for the story.

I wouldn't say it's a bad game, it's just a very particular game meant for certain people

nier is much better at mixing the weird with the accessible, and imo a fantastic game overall.

drake2 I dunno, haven't played it

but really these are games played because they're weird, dark, insane, disgusting, depressing, absurd, etc.

I've enjoyed drake1 but I wouldn't easily recommend it

This is awesome.

%25E3%2583%2589%25E3%2583%25A9%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2582%25B0%2520%25E3%2582%25AA%25E3%2583%25B3%2520%25E3%2583%2589%25E3%2583%25A9%25E3%2582%25B0%25E3%2583%25BC%25E3%2583%25B33%25201st%2520PV.mp4_snapshot_02.09_%255B2013.07.01_14.04.12%255D.jpg

%25E3%2583%2589%25E3%2583%25A9%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2582%25B0%2520%25E3%2582%25AA%25E3%2583%25B3%2520%25E3%2583%2589%25E3%2583%25A9%25E3%2582%25B0%25E3%2583%25BC%25E3%2583%25B33%25201st%2520PV.mp4_snapshot_00.45_%255B2013.07.01_14.00.10%255D.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
I really wish cavia/post-cavia would put pants on their female characters

I really liked kaine but it just doesn't help me put her under the "strong characters" category simply because of her dressing (or lack thereof)

ahh I guess that's kinda unfortunate for me..Hack and slash isn't my cup of tea.
drake1 was basically dynasty warriors x panzer dragoon on acid

I'm not a fan of dynasty warriors, and I wasn't a fan of drake1's gameplay (tho I get the feeling the game is purposedly monotone, making you feel like a murderous drone just hacking away), but the beautiful mess that was drake1's story was worth it

I imagine the new game will be a lot better and more enjoyable

oni_saru

Because of Nier.

@sn00zer

nope. believe it or not but there are DoD fans pre-Nier.

Game is great for it's story, the characters, the way it destroyed what you normally expected in jrpgs at the time. The soundtrack is also unique. It's not for everyone. Kind of has a creepy factor.

Gameplay-wise it's like musou games. I personally liked it. Also I loved the dragon battles.

DoD2 didn't have as crazy of a story as the first. The music was better and not as experimental as the first game. It has a hauntingly beautiful sound.

Well that wasn't a flattering trailer. This game is definitely going to be niche here in the states which makes me think combined with what we know about the game it'll never come over here.

kuroshiki

I really wish cavia/post-cavia would put pants on their female characters

I really liked kaine but it just doesn't help me put her under the "strong characters" category simply because of her dressing (or lack thereof)

900432-dg2_manah.jpg

WTF are you talking about.

kuroshiki

Well that wasn't a flattering trailer. This game is definitely going to be niche here in the states which makes me think combined with what we know about the game it'll never come over here.

Don't jinx it. just don.t.

Animations need more work, looks bad too.

This game doesn't really need awesome animation.

This is one of those games 'Just bring it here and here, take my wallet' type of game, regardless of how shitty it looks.

don't have sound right now, but i hope it's not generic anime blabla.

as expected, it doesn't look better than a musou game. that part with the ship was hideous. day one if localized.

jcm

Did they use a different singer for this game? I really like Emi Evans, the woman who did the vocals for Nier.

Hesemonni

Banned
Type 0 was made for a platform that was dead in the West. PS3 is far from dead.
That's true, but still, Square-Enix has become such a predictable giant, that risky low profic localizations like this will most probably be skipped. Just cater the Kingdom Hearts / Final Fantasy crowd and be done with it.

Arxisz

While I want them to localize this... You can really see it´s targeted at the japanese market first and foremost so the chance of low sales is really high for a title like this in the NA market. They might go with an EU release though who knows.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
It looked pretty good until the part with the dragon... thought it was Youtube acting up at first. :/
Oh well, still interested.

Rhapsody

Banned
This game's got my attention now. It's too bad that I never played any of the previous games, but I might try this if it's localized.

That's much higher quality CGI than Nier had.
@sn00zer

nope. believe it or not but there are DoD fans pre-Nier.

Game is great for it's story, the characters, the way it destroyed what you normally expected in jrpgs at the time. The soundtrack is also unique. It's not for everyone. Kind of has a creepy factor.

Gameplay-wise it's like musou games. I personally liked it. Also I loved the dragon battles.

DoD2 didn't have as crazy of a story as the first. The music was better and not as experimental as the first game. It has a hauntingly beautiful sound.
How.

Nazeem38

Banned
Color me surprised! The game actually looks fantastic in pretty much all aspects.

Definitely going to get this. I loved NieR and the first Drakenguard is my guilty pleasure.

Ferr986

Zero really looks like Kaine, not only her design, but also her personality and even past.

Nier seemed a more interesting main character, or even Cain.

I think it's a different singer but can't say for sure

I'm sure she's not Emi. I dont even know if she knows japanese, but also it doesnt seems her voice.

Pooya

Looks a lot better than initial reveal, still not a good looking game but looks like I something I'd actually play. Cutscenes look nice.

Looking at this linkedin profile same guy who's working on FFXIV and LR is working on cutscenes here, I think this is about realtime cutscenes and not the CG ones. Still CG ones could be by Visual works.

Him being an engineer at Square Enix probably means the entire of game isn't made by Access Games.

jorgeton

Looks good! Really surprised at how slick the CGI is. It's probably just the opening, but it'd be cool if the CGI was as frequent as in the 1st Drakengard.

Lighting a candle to the Localization Gods.

Top Bottom