• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake's "One Dance" Reaches #1 on Billboard- His first #1 song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidan

Hm, never heard it before. Surprising that this was his first #1 though. Where did Hotline Bling peak at?

Galang

Banned
Would have been awesome if Hotline Bling went #1 instead of this, but he definitely deserves this either way. A solo number one for him was long overdue and I'm glad he finally did it.

jax

Banned
I'm a wayyy bigger fan of Kendrick but still think Drake is at the top right now.
Mousketeer finally at the top after 10 years of mindless pop music =/= best rapper in the game

Also TLOP was better than Views. TB16 will be better too. ¯|_(ツ)_/¯

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Congrats to him. Hotline bling was definitely the bigger song though. Just unfortunate timing.

I didn't think it was gonna make it.

Bleepey

How can a song go to number 1 when there is not only no official video but it can't be found on youtube. Unless, I am missing something.

breakfuss

aw shit, opinions flying already

J Cole is best suckas

Best at putting people to sleep?

Mousketeer finally at the top after 10 years of mindless pop music =/= best rapper in the game

Also TLOP was better than Views. TB16 will be better too. ¯|_(ツ)_/¯

I agree, Views is disappointing and yeah TLOP is a much better record. Still don't think you can discredit what Drake has been doing the last few years though. Kills most of his features. Dropped two pretty good mixtapes within a span of months. Crossover appeal. I'd say he's doing it bigger than anyone right now.

that "you used to call me on my cellphone" song wasn't #1?

It seemed to be played over and over again to the point where it drove me to complete madness

I

Guevara

Think of Drake as a modern day DeBarge or Lionel Richie rather than a rapper, if that helps.

91jyiutGTKL._SX522_.jpg

Then we can all enjoy his music without the tedious authenticity hate.

People so concerned about whether drake is a rapper or drake is good. Dude releases fire music (besides views ironically) and has mad crossover appeal. Why the fuck does that make people so salty? You all get dumped to Marvin's Room or some shit?

It's a damn shame that the best rapper in the game hasn't had a #1 song before now

lmfao gtfo

even tlop is better than views and that's one of kanye's weaker records

as a matter of fact tlop is better than most of drake's albums

kanye's top four are ridiculously superior to drake's discography

lmfao gtfo

TLOP and Yeezus are two Ye albums I have no desire to ever listen to outside of like 3 songs. TLOP is mediocre and way worse than the majority of Drake's projects.

Ye has releasd some dope projects I would put a ways above drake but TLOP isnt anywhere near that.

LordDash

Banned
yooo

how the hell is Desiigner's Panda on that list for 11 weeks straight and at #2?

hard to believe and understand

Ivan 3414

This song sucks. It would and should have been Hotline Bling, if he hadn't have decided to keep the music video exclusive to Apple music for the first week or so

a916

lmfao gtfo

Kanye's top four is better than just about any rapper, but TLOP is a tire fire, the worst album Kanye has put out. VIEWS is safe solid. Both under delivered but VIEWS is at least competent.

PBY

Banned
Kanye's top four is better than just about any rapper, but TLOP is a tire fire, the worst album Kanye has put out. VIEWS is safe solid. Both under delivered but VIEWS is at least competent.

Man, you are due for a TLOP relisten. At worst its messy, but it has some of Kanye's best songs ever. I love it.

Views>Pablo is crazy town, and especially so because its "safe solid"

That's a hot garbage take on TLOP. You need another listen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom