• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Wooo! Thanks Guys! I didn't manage to figure out quite how you guys where all scoring the 1900 points In the final area either, Never managing more than 1750 or so myself, so still points to be had. Also I hadn't looked at everyones levels before this challenge made me feel like a real newbie in comparison .

I do have to ask though. I got the impression the drifting fix was in the last patch did I just get the wrong end of the stick??
(I hope I got the wrong end of the stick)

No, Rushy recently said it was coming in a future update, so i don't think it was in this one. I'm also pretty sure the patch notes would have mentioned it if it was.

Tomorrow we're going to be revealing plenty of news on the Feb update, but I'm here right now to ask for your assistance!

We're looking to resolve a number of key exploits in DRIFT MODE and we believe we've fixed most of them for a future update. However we want to make sure we caught all of the edge cases.

So if you have any examples of exploits/cheats that are known to you, then it'd be great if you could share them - ideally with videos so we can see it in action. Just so that we're sure we've caught them all :) Thanks.

Thanks for setting me straight #1 defender

No problem. Btw, i didn't realize sooner that you're ff8fanatic, but your score on the first corner in the last challenge was just insane. I could get to around 2000 points there and feel like i did really well, but you did what, 2600-2700? I watched your ghost and tried replicating your angle a few times yesterday, but it just didn't work for me. I don't know how you did it, but it was an amazing job!

Ainsz asked me last night how long the weekly challenge was going to run which is something I hadn't really thought about - when I first started the score table thing I was just going to fill it in all year but that does make it hard for anyone who wasn't in at the start to catch up... So do we run it in 10 week cycles then announce winners and reset the leaderboard? Or do we run it for longer times?

nib95

Banned
Evolution. This is what a Ferrari 599 sounds like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdY_tbk9LCA

Not this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jf5KV-F0d4

Driveclub sounds are horrendous. Never understood why they get so much praise. Hardcore mode is a step in the right direction but still far from perfect. Still way too much grip for rwd cars.

If you volume match and account for the reverb, distance/angle switches and echo from the environment with the random video recordings, it sounds pretty accurate. But the DC video is literally half the volume. Anyone with a shred of logic should know that volume and recording differences can make for substantial audio differences with such comparisons.

So we'll be having our next live rally event on Tuesday evening at 9pm (gates open at 8.30!)

This week we'll be tearing up Chile with the usual mix of circuits and P2P events - each stage is run as a race with no collisions & no drafting so you are essentially doing a time trial but with the ghosts of the other racers around you. Quickest time over the 7 stages wins.

I've reserved places for the guys who made it last time (I'm guessing Silver won't be able to pull a sicky and make it this time tho!) and Ainsz has booked his place so if you fancy taking part then please let me know as we have a max player count of 12. If you took part last week but can't make this week again let me know so I can give your slot to someone else.

Anyone with a shred of logic should know that volume and recording differences can make for substantial audio differences with such comparisons.

Some volume-"clipping" might be desirable to catch the excitement of sitting in a very loud race car, but I'm not sure where the 599xx falls. Is it already "race" loudness or still production car comfort.

Anyway, I absolutely don't want to say that @TEH-CJ's post wasn't bad drive-by hyperbole, but still... that everybody here jumps to defend Driveclub's sound engineering..?? That's a little silly.
Realistically you can say that Driveclub sounds "ok". Yes, GT6 sounds terrible by comparison, but Driveclub is very all-over-the-place. Some cars sound exciting and more accurate than in Forza, but in some cars their individual sound characteristics are show-off overdone, then there also are cars that sound more or less indistinguishable from cars that should sound very different. Also the cockpit sound muffling in DC is neither accurate nor exciting/fun - to a degree where at times a 6 litre V8 doesn't sound too different from a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine.
Assetto Corsa has a good balance between excitement and accuracy, but the sound design might be too much on the sim-side for a title like Driveclub.

This comparison will be unfair(I mean it!), since R3E has less cars and probably takes more time and money to model a single car, also they're almost all race- and not production cars, but still... listen to this:

https://youtu.be/L4pu5iY_VRQ

You hear cylinder count,engine displacement, turbo, wastegate, exhaust crackling, transmission getting louder with speed, better tyre sounds than in most games.
Just wanted to say, don't defend Driveclub's sound accuracy, when you would disappointedly join someone who is pointing out minor inaccuracies in the looks of a car in DC (of which there probably are close to none to begin with).

I'm not proud of my reaction but why even do this on the straight???

https://youtu.be/1uuhDNRaJpk

Because they're a tool and you were passing them? At least you saw it coming and could react in time (and it was pretty much all you could do). It's like that Megane clip I posted the previous page where they did me on a straight for passing them cleanly - if I'd been a twat and taken them out then they wouldn't have been close enough to spoil my race. Certainly feels like there's more tossers online lately :-(

Ainsz asked me last night how long the weekly challenge was going to run which is something I hadn't really thought about - when I first started the score table thing I was just going to fill it in all year but that does make it hard for anyone who wasn't in at the start to catch up... So do we run it in 10 week cycles then announce winners and reset the leaderboard? Or do we run it for longer times?

I have no particular preference (not really helpfull....i know).

Because they're a tool and you were passing them? At least you saw it coming and could react in time (and it was pretty much all you could do). It's like that Megane clip I posted the previous page where they did me on a straight for passing them cleanly - if I'd been a twat and taken them out then they wouldn't have been close enough to spoil my race. Certainly feels like there's more tossers online lately :-(

Exactly, I'm normally over cautious when it comes to passing and probably lose more speed than I should buy would rather that than crash in to someone and ruin what could be a good tussle.

Shame others just think I'm a mobile crash barrier sometimes.

farmerboy

I'd say 5 x 10 week events. That way you'd get 5 into a year.

Then whoever wins the most outta the 5 is crowned grand champion.

I'd say 5 x 10 week events. That way you'd get 5 into a year.

Then whoever wins the most outta the 5 is crowned grand champion.

Yeah I'm thinking this is the way to go, great minds eh ;-)

Exactly, I'm normally over cautious when it comes to passing and probably lose more speed than I should buy would rather that than crash in to someone and ruin what could be a good tussle.

Shame others just think I'm a mobile crash barrier sometimes.

I think you've got to try for firm but fair - not easy and sometimes you'll get it wrong but accidents happen in real life racing too.

"Sperm milk"

Ainsz, you have issues,lol.

Fun night tho. :D

Goddamn it was tough when there were so many good racers on the server with reduced draft set. I bloody depend on that to keep up :-(

Streaming the new tours atm while scoffing breakfast. :D

Didn't have time to finish both tours before work, but grabbed this....

xT0BKtkAYFt1unicow.gif

Finished the No Limits tour. It was cool, but i have to admit my heart sunk a bit when i saw the number of tour events for both tours. I thought these would be the same length as most of the DLC tours (11 events), instead they're tied with All-Stars for the shortest tour (6 events). I love the game and appreciate everything the folks at Evolution have done and still are doing to keep the game fresh and up to date, but since there were only 2 vehicles in each pack i thought we'd get standard length tours at least. I hope this won't become the norm going forward.

I can also see some complaints coming in about the low difficulty, most events took me one or two tries at most, including the extra time trial trophy. The most challenging race in No Limits was the one with the GT-R in Frasier Valley, and not in a good way. 4 clean sectors and a win in 3 laps with a relatively slow car and aggressive AI wasn't much fun. I kept doing well, only for some overeager AI driver to ruin my clean sectors by bumping into me from behind. I got lucky on my 3rd or 4th attempt, when i got into first place and completed the sectors challenge within the first 1 1/2 laps, so it's not like it's impossible or too hard, but it can definitely be annoying. Mostly because the car lacks the horsepower to pull away from the AI you overtake, which makes it easy for them to catch up and bump into your rear. I always defended the aggressive AI in DC, because i feel that trading some paint hardly has any impact in regular races, but that changes a bit when you need to drive absolutely clean. Still, it wasn't THAT hard in the end, just slightly annoying, but ymmv.

Finished the No Limits tour. It was cool, but i have to admit my heart sunk a bit when i saw the number of tour events for both tours. I thought these would be the same length as most of the DLC tours (11 events), instead they're tied with All-Stars for the shortest tour (6 events). I love the game and appreciate everything the folks at Evolution have done and still are doing to keep the game fresh and up to date, but since there were only 2 vehicles in each pack i thought we'd get standard length tours at least. I hope this won't become the norm going forward.

I can also see some complaints coming in about the low difficulty, most events took me one or two tries at most, including the extra time trial trophy. The most challenging race in No Limits was the one with the GT-R in Frasier Valley, and not in a good way. 4 clean sectors and a win in 3 laps with a relatively slow car and aggressive AI wasn't much fun. I kept doing well, only for some overeager AI driver to ruin my clean sectors by bumping into me from behind. I got lucky on my 3rd or 4th attempt, when i got into first place and completed the sectors challenge within the first 1 1/2 laps, so it's not like it's impossible or too hard, but it can definitely be annoying. Mostly because the car lacks the horsepower to pull away from the AI you overtake, which makes it easy for them to catch up and bump into your rear. I always defended the aggressive AI in DC, because i feel that trading some paint hardly has any impact in regular races, but that changes a bit when you need to drive absolutely clean. Still, it wasn't THAT hard in the end, just slightly annoying, but ymmv.

Yeah thats disappointing to hear, I can't imagine creating tour events being a length task so it does seem strange that there's only 6 events and easy ones at that :-( Of course we'll all still buy it for access to the new vehicles though...

knavish

i know its annoying to do but i've been doing the tours twice, once to set a good time (win the race etc) and a second go to finish up the remaining stars (i.e drift points etc) if I cant get them first time round. For the clean lap I let the cars go got all 4 clean sectors in a row then chased them down.

i know its annoying to do but i've been doing the tours twice, once to set a good time (win the race etc) and a second go to finish up the remaining stars (i.e drift points etc) if I cant get them first time round. For the clean lap I let the cars go got all 4 clean sectors in a row then chased them down.

Yeah, i do that too sometimes and don't mind it, but the aforementioned race was one of those cases where you need to fulfill 2 conditions at the same time in order to gain the star. I got it wrong though, it wasn't for first place, it was a top 3 spot + 4 clean sectors. If you got only one of these in a race, it didn't count. As i said though, you guys might not find it as irritating as i did initially. It got better once i understood the behavior of the car, after which i took advantage of the AI's slow cornering, but the AI was still a pest in that race. :)

Yeah thats disappointing to hear, I can't imagine creating tour events being a length task so it does seem strange that there's only 6 events and easy ones at that :-( Of course we'll all still buy it for access to the new vehicles though...

That was my reaction as well. I'm talking out of my ass here and apologies to Evolution, i don't mean to belittle their work, but one would think that the most labor intensive part of it would be creating new images for the tour events and some difficulty testing. I suppose thinking up all those puns for event names is also hard work. I really enjoy those. :)

Btw, each of the new tours has a gold trophy for a time trial that's set outside of the tour events. At least the one with the Honda on Chungara Lake reversed was really easy though, i bet most anyone here will easily do it on their warm up lap. It took me a second lap, but even then i only missed it by 1/10 of a second the first time around.

ZalXII

Welp, this was a short pleasure and the new tracks are underused in my opinion. Only 2 Events/Races in each Tour on the new tracks results in 2 unused variations. Why?

Adding TT Events for Gold trophys was a good call in my opinion, i hope this wasn't made only because of the minimalistic Tours, but again instead of using these 2 missing variations they let us drive on "old" Chungara Lake und AHR. If possible, link more Time Trials to 1 Trophy next time so they feel like an actual achivement. It feels to me like they didn't really thought about what they wanted from this DLC.

"Here you get two tours, each one for the same cost as earlier DLC only with less content, have fun." Yes, this sounds harsh, but it's the truth or not?

I like this game, it is or will be my game of the generation, but this DLC just felt underwhelming somehow. At least i like the Skyline.

Still, two races of the new tours:

No Limits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-u8FzbDtqM

Suzuki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djJ36mYEIe8

I hope they remake the Tours sometimes down the road once all new tracks got released so all of them are equally used.

AlexBasch

I'm going to tear my balls off with that fucking 1:16 challenge on Venom Hot Lap.

Last star. Son of a bitch. That fucking ghost is relentless.

Auctopus

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to join the rally on time, guys. Sorry. I'll try. Feel free to let someone else in if they want it.

farmerboy

I'm going to tear my balls off with that fucking 1:16 challenge on Venom Hot Lap.

Last star. Son of a bitch. That fucking ghost is relentless.

Just let it go for now. Play the rest of the game enjoy some multi etc etc. You'll get better at the game without knowing it.

Then come back to that challenge and you'll surprise yourself.

There's also some great vids online that can help, in a rush can't link now, but look up kie25. His vid was a great help to many.

To do it right you almost have to feel like you're doing it slower, if the tires are sqealing you are losing time.

If all else fails and you still want to tear your balls off, DHC-Shannow can help with that ;-)

xrnzaaas

The Suzuki tour was pretty easy. I only had to repeat the night time trial a few times because I'm not a fan of that track. :) Looks like not a lot of people are playing this yet because I'm surprisingly high on the leaderboards. ;)

Ame

Dammit, forgot the new cars/tours came out today. Will be getting on that soon, hopefully by the end of the week. SFV has taken up most of my free time.

ajcacio

Banned
Anyone else having an issue where you can't select the civic or R34 in free play mode? It sends me to the PS store even though I've already purchased it

IronLich

Anyone else having an issue where you can't select the civic or R34 in free play mode? It sends me to the PS store even though I've already purchased it

I can't access them either. I'm seeing a lot of reports on this, so it's certainly not isolated.

And I was excited to have fastest Hot Hatch in the game :(

Auctopus

Sorry guys, I had other stuff going on last night and my head wasn't really in the game.

I'll bring my A-game to next week.

Unless it's Scotland

Sorry for the delay in posting these, mad busy and no phone hasn't helped!

Stage1_23_2_16.png

Stage3_23_2_16.png

Stage5_23_2_16.png

Stage7_23_2_16.png

Positions_23_2_16.png

Another win for David Ricardo, very tight all through as he recovered from a bad second event to take the win at the end by a mere 0.6 seconds from AnythingBut. Knavish / Vix led from the second event only to stumble at the last to fall to 3rd, whilst I started strongly and had a nightmare second half to lose 4th place to Ainsz in the last event.

The DLC cars proved very strong, with the Type R taking the top 4 places over the Megane and the Skyline winning the Los Pelambres round.

Unfortunately while we had 10 people at various times only 7 of us managed to do all 7 events, hence the odd looking tables (missing an event gives you 9:59.999 as a time).

Still had a really good time on the event, I think everyone had fun and hopefully we'll get a full house for the next one. Thanks to Bouniter / FF8 for grabbing that second screenshot after I had brainfade!

Ainsz

Great fun the rally was, The GTR race around Chungara Lake was the most exciting for me. Was sticking to Auctopuss's arse for 3 or 4 laps until I made a few too many mistakes and he was gone. Then it was the debilitating experience of trying to keep seconfd from Vaga and others.

Great stuff Shannow, look forward to Scotland next!

Edit: That Data Log is awesome, That must be hot stuff for you...

Bouniter

Aaaah its great to see you have escalated to hard core graphs Shannow just don't get to excited.

I had great fun (even if I was massively uncompetitive, my lack of experience really showed and your knowledge of all the tracks and cars is incredible). I hope to be back next week so see you then.

Thanks guys.

Glix

Reposting this:

Hey I know this is kind of a niche question, bu this seems like a decent place to ask...

Is anyone using a Logitech Force GT (ps3) using a PS3->PS4 Brook converter? (Or any method for that matter, even the crazy ones that have you plugging into your pc)

How is the experience? Does everything (including force feedback/resistance) work as intended?

Any info at all would be ultra appreciated! Thanks!

Guys, I'm still kinda new to Drive Club. Should I take my lumps and just play exclusively on hardcore now, and learn that handling, or stick with the original gameplay? I normally keep all assists off, but I tried hardcore on a Hot Hatch time trial. Hot Hatch! and it was brutal :-(

Top Bottom