• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Photomode |OT| The better you look, the more you can get away with.

xYpmiw3.jpg

Fred-sanford-heart-attack-o.gif

Thanks for the positive feedback, folks. I do real life photography as a semi-serious hobby, so I have a good understanding of the tools. If anyone would like me to try and explain some basics of how it works, I could take a swing at it.

Here are some more:

BvE3Fjk.jpg

UiKakG9.jpg

NTc4MuA.jpg

WIfPQ6B.jpg

ndLB8rb.jpg

JeAI4yz.jpg

ZCWqdgp.jpg

Yk4v8wP.jpg

TmLObKv.jpg

If this is way too many images for one post, please let me know. I really don't know the protocol for posting photos on neogaf.

Great job on those, net_wrecker.

Thanks, mayne. I feel like I've spent more time in photomodes this gen than actually playing games. I don't know how I finish any of em.

I would like to second the praise of your shots. Some of those are incredible. The natural framing with the arches is awesome and your use of focus is great.

Thanks. That new track with the arches is so good. I love the grass/dirt section.

Thanks, mayne. I feel like I've spent more time in photomodes this gen than actually playing games. I don't know how I finish any of em.

I would like to second the praise of your shots. Some of those are incredible. The natural framing with the arches is awesome and your use of focus is great.

DOWN

Banned
This is by far my favorite photo mode in a game yet. The image quality gets really taken care of:

15834196802_5cc4e93e13_o.jpg

Vein

Banned
Thanks for the positive feedback, folks. I do real life photography as a semi-serious hobby, so I have a good understanding of the tools. If anyone would like me to try and explain some basics of how it works, I could take a swing at it.

Here are some more:

BvE3Fjk.jpg

UiKakG9.jpg

NTc4MuA.jpg

WIfPQ6B.jpg

ndLB8rb.jpg

JeAI4yz.jpg

ZCWqdgp.jpg

Yk4v8wP.jpg

TmLObKv.jpg

If this is way too many images for one post, please let me know. I really don't know the protocol for posting photos on neogaf.

That first one is a beauty.

Vein

Banned
I know this wasn't in at launch, it def should have been, but now that it IS here I am glad. PS Plus users are going to get A MUCH better experience when they finally get this. Zooming around with the perfect IQ camera is great on cars.

Amazing shots!

And yes, I'd love it if you could provide a divvie's guide to photo more. I know what I want to achieve, I just don't know how to.

DOWN

Banned
This photo mode is so wonderfully realized. I'm sad evolution won't get the credit they deserve when all is said and done.

Shaneus

If someone from Evo reads this, you guys really need to give us an option to export uncompressed shots, shame because it's a really beautiful game.
I'm honestly surprised no-one's released a TV that includes TV screen capture ability by default. It'd surely be better than the shitty compression we get lumped with for PS4.

On that note, is there a decent HDMI capture card that's cheap and good for capturing stills but not necessarily video?

duder92

Neo Member
Did this update include Instant Replay?

May have to go back and play around with photo mode. I havent touched the game in a couple of weeks. I actually requested and received a full refund from Sony on my digital purchase. I thought the game would be removed from my account, but it is still there and playable.

shandy706

Some of the environmental shots, like these two, are absolutely awesome.

LOVE those two.

Disappointed in the car models though (as far as taking shots), I wish they had higher poly/detail ones in photomode. They are impressive being actual in game cars..I'm being picky.

fernoca

Took this one the day the patch was out trying things out, buy been too busy with Unity, Advanced Warfare and LBP3.

ZZHF7Je.jpg

Top Bottom