• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Photomode |OT| The better you look, the more you can get away with.

benzy

elenvj.jpg

kfjptw.jpg

envgie.jpg

rcqitf.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Seems like a poor man's photomode. Why is there no high-res render export?

Yup, feel the same way. No AF in photomode, no high-res render, basically just lets you take slightly better than in-gameplay screenshots, which is alright but nothing compared to other racing games.

I mean they must have a legit photomode in there for developers to get PR screenshots, so dunno why we aren't getting access to that.

Yup, feel the same way. No AF in photomode, no high-res render, basically just lets you take slightly better than in-gameplay screenshots, which is alright but nothing compared to other racing games.

I mean they must have a legit photomode in there for developers to get PR screenshots, so dunno why we aren't getting access to that.

I doubt PR Screens are being rendered on a PS4.

gl0w

it's a shame that we can only get compressed screenshots, meh! fix it Sony!

Anyway, here are some attempts :)

iemuqUlwxYuVd.jpg

iX9GGtUSA4Q5G.jpg

ibbRX6vJfdBSsE.jpg

iy9JDhCeWbckp.jpg

ibutM6ZZFIN2jD.jpg

Zalusithix

Some results of my initial testing. Wish they didn't limit the range of the camera quite as much as they did, and an HDR option would be great. Still, much fun to be had with this mode.
hvywue.jpg

blprbh.jpg

gnslrj.jpg

bbdmvb.jpg

Niks

Just tried it... first quick impressions? They need to polish the interface.
On gran turismo its easy to set up your shot, as it follows a typical camera interface.

Also, the compression is abysmal....smh

I only managed this decent shot.

JjPliB9.jpg

Zalusithix

this one is almost box art worthy. good job.
That's the image that prompted the wishing the camera wasn't quite as restricted. I couldn't go higher or do anything to get a less skewed view and still fit both the car and the logo.

Unfortunately I can't say I planned the shot though. I was coming in fast in cockpit view and saw the building, trees, crowd, etc and figured it was a decent place for an action shot taken at a lower angle with the car drifting into the camera. Once I completed that shot and panned up and around, I realized the car was positioned near perfectly for a shot involving the logo. The lighting was more favorable for that style of shot as well.

The original intent for the scene, which is less thematically interesting:
viildk.jpg

Gazza22

Neo Member
Long live photo-mode!

ibeytLywNsgxm4.jpg

ihDESWeHzd1F6.jpg

Anyone feel the game in motion looks the slightest bit better after this update or is it just me?

Why not? It's a static image, give it enough time and you can render anything ever.

Of course they can be rendered on a PS4. They can do it through a farm of them or have a single unit sit there and render a frame over seconds.
I'm not saying they can't, I'm just saying it's more likely they would use their own work stations to capture high quality images if they wanted them because it's quicker.

Anyone feel the game in motion looks the slightest bit better after this update or is it just me?

I think the patch has made quite a few differences. I was able to get connected immediately, I was able to do my normal drift challenge, but even the ghost and top score was loading quicker than it has been. Leaderboards appear much quicker. Everything just seems smoother and it makes the game much more enjoyable because of it.

Vroadstar

Patch not downloading yet for me, I'm in Asia. Any ideas, solutions? I already tried deleting the game and installing back but I only got up to 1.06

Feint

Neo Member
Here's a couple of shots that I managed to take. I was quite impressed with the options and how easy it was. Shame about the compression.
Qnjexxx.jpg

KICfE1Z.jpg

ron_bato

Patch not downloading yet for me, I'm in Asia. Any ideas, solutions? I already tried deleting the game and installing back but I only got up to 1.06

I posted in the OT, getting the same issue. I think it's most likely a timing issue. Probably has not rolled out yet for us in asia. Not sure how it works though.

Vroadstar

I posted in the OT, getting the same issue. I think it's most likely a timing issue. Probably has not rolled out yet for us in asia. Not sure how it works though.

Odd though previous patches I got them same time as others. Anyway just waiting

Top Bottom