• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub PS+ Edition Has Been M.I.A. For 100 Days

Nyx

Oh come on. This isn't some nefarious plot to sell more copies of Driveclub. They'd probably have preferred to give the entire game away on ps+ day 1 if it would have meant the servers worked and this pr nightmare never happened.

It isn't even logical...

''Hey guys we pulled the free Plus version cause the servers can't handle it''

''Oh sounds good, I will buy it right now!''

Business

"Just buy it" is a hilarious defence.

Specially when coupled with "don't complain, if you didn't buy it yet you are not interested enough anyway".

Whenever anything Driveclub related is posted, half the comments are of people complaining that the PS+ version isn't out yet.

Anybody interested in the game should just buy it already. It's well worth it.

For the people who don't show faux "concern" online this is just a glorified demo that has less than 20% of the full game. People who are genuinely waiting this to come out have little interest in the game to begin with.

just buy the damn game if you are anticipating so much. I know it was promised but my god, people just love to complain and whine all the time in here. 'it was promised!!' .... get over it

Would anyone be upset if they just released an entirely offline demo? I wouldn't. I just want to see how the game plays, fuck all the connectivity stuff. If I want that I'll buy the full game.

I just want a fucking demo-ass demo to let me see how the handling feels. I don't think I've bought a driving game without having played a demo since Gran Turismo 4. People saying "Just buy it" are nuts; if the handling doesn't click with me then I'm not going to enjoy the game, no matter how good all the other bits are.

Vaga

Good. And I hope it stays missing indefinitely. The begging, bitching and saltiness for a demo is incredible, this is the best racer in a long time that is already underpriced for what it offers out of the box plus the free DLC and updates every month.. It truly shows how cheap some of you are.

Percy

Banned
I actually kind of hope it never gets released, as watching the rage over it's continued absence is probably much more entertaining than the actual game could ever end up being.

3DShovel

I was waiting for PS+ and I just ended up buying it outright.

If it looks interesting to you, get it. It's a satisfying racer that pulled me in, and I don't typically like racing games.

I think the review scores that DriveClub got have influenced many people into holding out for the PS+ version. If this game was a 90+ hit then I don't think there would be as many people holding out for the PS+ version, but the scores have left them skeptical until they try it.

A lot of us GAFfers that are telling people to just buy the game is because we've found it to be fantastic and many of us paid full price (many with PS+ discount) so when we see the game going for £20 and people still avoiding it seems very strange to us.

How about a compromise? Buy the game used, try it for a few days and then trade it back in? It effectively becomes a rental this way for a few £ or $.

Mabufu

Banned
Sometimes pride is useless and a stupid weight to carry. It's a stupid shield to protect your thoughs from the possibility of being wrong.

Just let it go and be happy.

There's thousands of players who love the game, praised it, and talked a lot about key aspects of it like the handling and the single player experience. Yet people still hesitates evendough there cant be more info about what makes they hesitate.

And also the lot of people who loves the game after being hesitant before and biting and said it on neogaf. Driveclub is sure the game that gets more new threads. For some reason.

Good. And I hope it stays missing indefinitely. The begging, bitching and saltiness for a demo is incredible, this is the best racer in a long time that is already underpriced for what it offers out of the box plus the free DLC and updates every month.. It truly shows how cheap some of you are.

Keep up the truth mate = ) But be careful.

IvorB

just buy the damn game if you are anticipating so much. I know it was promised but my god, people just love to complain and whine all the time in here. 'it was promised!!' .... get over it

It must be really great to have customers like you. So they promised us a subscription perk which they are now not delivering. They say the reason for this is that the retail game is not working 100%. So your answer is that we should go ahead and pay full price for the non-fully functional retail release that we were promised for free. Amazing.

Nyx

How about a compromise? Buy the game used, try it for a few days and then trade it back in? It effectively becomes a rental this way for a few £ or $.

Most of the complainers just want their free demo so they will be able to say ''yeah this game sucks, told you so''

Ofcourse after having done half a lap of the very first event.

vesvci

Banned
I actually kind of hope it never gets released, as watching the rage over it's continued absence is probably much more entertaining than the actual game could ever end up being.

Haha...it really is...

In the meantime, this who have purchased it continue to have fun with the sexiest-looking racer on current consoles. Haha.

I think the lack of release tells us in no uncertain terms that the online isn't quite up to code and that they aren't prepared to allocate too many resources to making sure it doesn't collapse under the weight of more players playing than they've made plans for.

That the online is so fundamentally broken that it can't support the added weight a Plus release would bring?

Mabufu

Banned
It must be really great to have customers like you. So they promised us a subscription perk which they are now not delivering. They say the reason for this is that the retail game is not working 100%. So your answer is that we should go ahead and pay full price for the non-fully functional retail release that we were promised for free. Amazing.
A lot of people, like myself, have that non-fully-functional game as their GOTY.
How many proofs do you need to understand that the game is functional enough for people to love it?
Most of the complainers just want their free demo so they will be able to say ''yeah this game sucks, told you so''

Sad, but I think it will be true in several cases.

Baleoce

I was of the impression that the PS+ edition had enough content to actually platinum it if you choose to do so.

IvorB

Sometimes pride is useless and a stupid weight to carry. It's a stupid shield to protect your thoughs from the possibility of being wrong.

Indeed. Having principles is a burden on the principled. So much easier to just let go and let these corporations have their way with you. You never have to fear being conned if being conned doesn't bother you.

You guys are getting weird about this. I'd just like to play a demo to see if I like the driving before I purchase this game that is all about driving.

Zutroy

I love DC, but the online still doesn't seem that stable from my experience so I'm not surprised there's still no plus version yet.

vesvci

Banned
I was of the impression that the PS+ edition had enough content to actually platinum it if you choose to do so.

Well, damn. If it was to be closer to being a full game, I can see sort of see why people would bitch and moan about it. Still, the game has been as low as $30...I mean if people can't muster up $30...then I don't know....

Plus, for those on the fence, there's plenty of feedback, videos, images online to remove any doubt that the game is fantastic. It's an amazing game. And this is where I don't understand all the bitch and moaning.

Mabufu

Banned
Indeed. Having principles is a burden on the principled. So much easier to just let go and let these corporations have their way with you. You never have to fear being conned if being conned doesn't bother you.

I said sometimes. Stay calm, man.

Alchemist

Exactly.

If you haven't bought it yet considering how cheap it is, you wasn't interested enough in the first place.

Nyx

Just wow...

I don't care about trophies so I can't answer that, but even if true it is very barebones (demo levels of barebones) compared to the main game.

Being conned? Wut? I bought a game that looked and sounded nice. It turned out to be nice.

psychotron

This and Master Chief Collection are the two most shameful releases of the last year. That being said, I purchased Driveclub and liked it so much I purchased it again digitally. This doesn't change the fact that it was offered as an incentive and has not been delivered, with piss poor communication regarding the status.

Yes thats exactly what I said. I buy shit blindly and hope for the best. I am dumb, you are smart.

What about in my case? I've never bought a PS+ subscription.

This was one of the things that tempted me to pre order a PS4 day one and subscribe to PS+. The delays slowly deflated my hype to the point where I was on the fence. PS+ edition shenanigans is pushing me to the side of not getting it. "Just buy it" is a ridiculous statement, I'm not going to reward incompetence when I can spend my money and time on other games. "rent it" doesn't apply here either, they don't do game rentals here as far as I know.

Edit: as for people saying if you haven't bought it yet then you obviously won't ever buy it, thats obviously not true. It is possible to be interested in a game but show some restraint with your time and money for the above reasons as well as reasons in other posts here

Baleoce

I don't care about trophies so I can't answer that, but even if true it is very barebones (demo levels of barebones) compared to the main game.

The design director Paul Rustchynsky actually took to GAF himself to explain a load of stuff a long while back in this post.

The PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB will be available well into the new year, so no need to worry.

There will be a discount to upgrade to the full digital edtion from the PS+ edition, but prices won't be announced for a few more weeks yet.

- When you upgrade from the PS+ Edition you get the full digital edition content.
- You can earn the platinum trophy in the PS+ Edition, remember its the full game minus a few cars/tracks.
- Rear-view mirrors as you've seen in the latest direct feed footage just show the environment - you'd be surprised how limited the visibility in the mirrors are for a lot of these cars and for gameplay purposes we want to give the best visibility.
- We are working on a photo mode, but that's all I can say about it right now.
- You guys wanted uncompressed footage and obviously the PS4 capture utilises some form of video compression to ensure the videos aren't ridiculously large (the raw direct feed videos we captured are 6GB for 2 minutes of footage).
- We're working on alternative solutions for trying to get the highest quality vids up online quickly by ourselves.

No Split-Screen I'm afraid.

The US get a similar deal: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/20/driveclub-pre-order-bonuses-revealed/ "Purchase Driveclub at retail or digitally via PlayStation Store, and you’ll get a free 3-Month PlayStation Plus Trial"

Everything is going to be just fine.

I'm just saying, this "demo" reasoning isn't justified, compared to what everyone was originally pitched.

(For clarification, and so none of the other content in the post is taken out of context, this post was dated 09-01-2013)

kriskrosbbk

Maybe I will receive some hate now ,but guys stop waiting for that PS+ version and just buy the game .It is £19,99 currently : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/driveclub-playstationplus-edition-full-game-upgrade/cid=EP9000-CUSA00003_00-XXXXDRIVECLUBPSU

The free version will include India only ,which is the worst country in the game.
There is so much content in this game and now it is working as intended and the weather patch is live.
This is the best racer I ever played and they will support it for at least 6 more months.
For this price this game is a great bargain!

GRaider81

With yesterday's reduction I "just bought it"

So glad I did. Its fantastic, love the handling, it looks beautiful. A Very satisfying racer.

I understand people wanting to wait for a free demo but honestly if you like racing games (im just a casual racing fan) then id recommend it.

Mr Git

Interestingly on the EU PSN store at the moment, the PS+ full game upgrade is currently at £20. I thought this was strange since what are customers going to upgrade?

Maybe I will receive some hate now ,but guys stop waiting for that PS+ version and just buy the game .It is £19,99 currently : https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/driveclub-playstationplus-edition-full-game-upgrade/cid=EP9000-CUSA00003_00-XXXXDRIVECLUBPSU

The free version will include India only ,which is the worst country in the game.
There is so much content in this game and now it is working as intended and the weather patch is live.
This is the best racer I ever played and they will support it for at least 6 more months.
For this price this game is a great bargain!

Is there any difference between the £19.99 Version & the £34.99 version of the game? Are they both the same content wise other than price?

Nyx

Interestingly on the EU PSN store at the moment, the PS+ full game upgrade is currently at £20. I thought this was strange since what are customers going to upgrade?

It's the full version with a discount for Plus members.

IvorB

Being conned? Wut? I bought a game that looked and sounded nice. It turned out to be nice.

My comment was a direct response to another poster.

Yes thats exactly what I said. I buy shit blindly and hope for the best. I am dumb, you are smart.

Fair enough. I'm sure you can understand though why others might not want to do the same.

I said sometimes. Stay calm, man.

I'm perfectly calm, thanks. :)

A lot of people, like myself, have that non-fully-functional game as their GOTY.
How many proofs do you need to understand that the game is functional enough for people to love it?

I'm glad that you are enjoying the game. This isn't a discussion about whether you are enjoying the game or not. It's about a company pledging subscription perks and reneging on those promises. In this context, telling people to go ahead and buy that perk at full price is beyond crazy.

What about in my case? I've never bought a PS+ subscription.

I don't know about your case; I was responding directly to another poster. If you bought the game and are enjoying it that's great.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Sony fanboys will tell you: just buy the game dont be cheap it`s a GREAT game best looking racer in this generation etc etc etc lol

Racing fans too. And people who enjoy games of many genres. Or people who like good looking games. Wish there was a PC port coming. Would be wonderful to see this maxed out. What they can do.

Top Bottom