• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub VR will be a PS VR launch title (October 13) + new details

The same development team who made DRIVECLUB, also made DRIVECLUB VR.

Other Ocean did not contribute, nor did any other team, to its development.

Can we ask, was it completed while Evo was still under Sony's ownership or did work continue at Codemasters?

Hmm, I was thinking of cancelling my pre-order as I pre-ordered thinking I'd see what was available at the time and so far not much is grabbing me - at least not enough to warrant dropping £350 on it, this might change things.

The regular version is pretty bare bones so maybe a VR version can spice it up

Edit: oh it's it's a separate game that we have to pay 50$ for? Lol no they can keep it

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Yes! Can't wait then! All the best to you guys, keep us updated Rushy :)

Thanks for the clarification Rushy, I suppose it would not be correct to ask you about the content of the game >.<

Also, the japanese PS Blog has erased the post about Driveclub VR hehe, guess the announcement was scheduled for later.

jdmonmou

I read that PS VR will require 60 square feet to use just for seated VR experiences. If true this thing will flop.
dam-psvr-playarea_en2.jpg

Rushy

Great to see all the excitement and thanks for all the questions, but just be aware that I can't really answer much more right now. Hopefully in the not too distant future more details can be discussed.

IdodgerI

Great to see all the excitement and thanks for all the questions, but just be aware that I can't really answer much more right now. Hopefully in the not too distant future more details can be discussed.
Looking forward to hearing more about this, thanks for your efforts. DRIVECLUB is awesome.

I read that PS VR will require 60 square feet to use just for seated VR experiences. If true this thing will flop.
dam-psvr-playarea_en2.jpg

Where is this from. But assuming facing the camera would be the prerequisite rather than a tv that shouldn't hypothetically prevent that many assuming the 3m x 1.9m space just requires no walls. My only issue is how does the system work in spaces that have a large amount of sunlight due to their choice of motion tracking.

Cannot wait for more info, DriveClub VR is one of the main reasons I am even picking up a PSVR.

The work you guys did on DC is amazing. Customer for life if you keep that quality up in all your games.

Thanks Rushy. The work Evolution did on DC after that botched launched was amazing. Thanks for all the updates and support post launch. It kept the game alive, at least for me.

Holy shit GOTY incoming - this is the best news in ages, I thought since Evolution was shut down this'd have no chance. PSVR has gone from 'buy within 6 months' to 'buy immediately' hooray!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Yay. This is an amazing news to wake up to. I remember getting depressed a couple of weeks ago thinking this amazing game would never come to VR. As a huge Motorstorm, WRC and DriveClub fan I wish your team the best. Just make next gen Motorstorm please. Call it Vechilestorm or Motorblast or whatever. just give me a spiritual sequel.

I wonder if Sony got Rushy's new team at Codemasters to finish porting it.

I'm so glad that this is still a thing, because Project Cars, used to always say we are adding PSVR up until it launched on the PC devices. Now they will never answer any questions about PSVR and if they do, they said we haven't announce PSVR support and people will point to their own webpage and the twitter account will go silent. I'm thinking Project Cars PSVR is dead.

Wollan

Holy shit GOTY incoming - this is the best news in ages, I thought since Evolution was shut down this'd have no chance.
They got acquired by Codemaster before they got shut down so they're still alive and well.
I presume DriveClub VR is their transition work before jumping fully onto another franchise.

Curufinwe

Thanks for clarifying what you can.

The urge for some gaming fans and journalists to populate a vacuum with derogatory misinformation is quite overwhelming, as I'm sure you've noticed in the past.

farisr

Doubt it, I think that diagram is meant to show the maximum potential play area/range rather than minimum requirement. They just didn't word it correctly.

Oxn

Cmon, i could buy GT Sports and get the normal game plus VR mode.

Why we gotta buy this seperately for the original.

psn

Awesome, can't wait to play it. Also looking forward to the upcoming game you guys are now developing at codemasters.

Top Bottom