• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ducktales adds Lin-Manuel Miranda as Gizmoduck

https://deadline.com/2017/05/ducktales-lin-manuel-miranda-joins-voice-cast-disney-xd-1202097756/

When the DuckTales cast records its lines, Lin-Manuel Miranda will be in the room where it happens. The Hamilton creator/ex-star is lending his voice to the Disney XD toon series reboot that premieres this year.

The Tony- and Pulitzer-winning playwright-composer-actor will recur as fan-favorite character Gizmoduck, a Duckburg hero whose true identity is Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera. He’s a brilliant young intern working for Gyro Gearloose, the personal mad scientist of Scrooge McDuck (David Tennant). The series already has been renewed for a second season ahead of its summer launch.

Platy

Ducktales is proving to be a worth fight with American Gods to "best casting ever"

Also ... YAAAAAAAAAAAY Gizmoduck ! =D
One of my favorites from the old cartoon !

Might as well include the art

ducktales.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Gizmoduck was always my favorite in the old show. And I love Lin. And that new design is dope. Everything about this is so good.

bjork

Gizmoduck is tied with Bubba for worst character in DuckTales, but maybe his voice work will make me like GD better.

What a turbonerd.

Looks good. They're really trying to bring in every popular element of all the Duck continuities. In fact
according to Tad Stones, there is at least one Darkwing Duck episode; but I don't know if they'll get Jim Cummings, or a new VA like the rest of the cast (sans Donald.)

Top Bottom