• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

Noshino

Jocchan said:
I'm perfectly fine with the mad scientist :D
Actually, it would also help for the background of another boss fight I was planning... ;)

Instead of you guys thinking about the enemies, why don't you run a contest, hell, you could even run it on facebook, asking people to submit their designs for bosses/enemies.

The finished bosses/enemies might not look exactly like the submissions, but you guys can take a lot of input from there, and very well mix and match so it suits better.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
V_Ben said:
well, i gave it another go. an "interesting" attempt. funkified. feels like an old school mascot!

http://www.mediafire.com/?th5dd0hinov

again, opinions please!
I love it!

scitek said:
This is the best thing I've ever heard :O

Divvy said:
This is awesome guys. I think I might do some promo art or whatever for this in a week or so.
Hell yeah!

Noshino said:
Instead of you guys thinking about the enemies, why don't you run a contest, hell, you could even run it on facebook, asking people to submit their designs for bosses/enemies.

The finished bosses/enemies might not look exactly like the submissions, but you guys can take a lot of input from there, and very well mix and match so it suits better.
Nice idea.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Imagine scitek's reading, but each line plays as their corresponding talking head appears. Yeah. That's awesome.

(we're still exploring if VA is something we can definitely do for web dev, but it's awesome)

bombshack

Neo Member
Oh there should also be achievements unlocked.

Completed First Mission: Premeditated Bromocide
Completed Second Mission: In Soviet Russia, Broseph Stalin is YOU
Completed Third Mission: Broseph and the Technicoloured Dream Coat
Completed Fourth Mission: Guns don't kill people, Brodude kills people.

This is all I have for now, I'm sure with all the bros and dudes and maybe even one or two brodudes amongst us, this will cause computers to explode from awesome.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
thetrin said:
Okay programmers, this is for you:

The brodacious gameplay mechanics:

Once the boss is defeated, the boss' dudely spirit appears, and begs Dudebro for forgiveness. Players mash a button to fist bump the spirit as hard as they can, sending the spirit to dude paradise, and destroying the boss for good.

This is hilarious :lol

BTW, since the game's title promises both shooting AND slicing, does the beard whip count as slicing? Or should he do a roundhouse slice with his sword bayonet instead (like Link's spinning sword move in LoZ)?

scitek

thetrin said:
Imagine scitek's reading, but each line plays as their corresponding talking head appears. Yeah. That's awesome.

(we're still exploring if VA is something we can definitely do for web dev, but it's awesome)

Make it a downloadable game. :lol

Noshino

thetrin said:

Question

Using Unity, how hard would it be to port it to PSP? if it can get to PSN through Minis, then PS3 players do get a chance to play it after all

Ca1amity

Neo Member
thetrin said:

Worse comes to worst - just put together a dub track playlist for people to run in the background for the "full experience"

Also, Pisquali - whats his ethnic stereotype?

MNC

Some great voice acting, but I think dudebro would need a lower voice, kind of like fucked up over the top low but realistically :lol

OH MY GOD, TWIG XDD YOUR AVATAR I WANT A DUDEBRO AVATAR

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jocchan said:
I'm perfectly fine with the mad scientist :D
Actually, it would also help for the background of another boss fight I was planning... ;)
Maybe I can do the VA for him then, I can record some samples sometime tomorrow if I find a decent mic to use.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wait, so we've decided on a top-down shooter, but will the engine be 2D like ultim8p00's or will it be 3D?

Ca1amity said:
Also, Pisquali - whats his ethnic stereotype?

Sounds Italian to me... maybe he's from Jersey?

BTW it's spelled Pesquali. First vowel is an E, second vowel is an A, only one L.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Danthrax said:
This is hilarious :lol

BTW, since the game's title promises both shooting AND slicing, does the beard whip count as slicing? Or should he do a roundhouse slice with his sword bayonet instead (like Link's spinning sword move in LoZ)?

This needs to be addressed. I think beard whip should be replaced by bayonet slash/stab or something. Beard Whip can be a special attack or something.

Kccitystar

This game needs more character art. Are you guys going to stick to the manly bearded guy as Dudebro? Shit I hope so. He should be a man's man. No emotional ties, no sentiment. Just adrenaline and manliness, with some collar popping and hot babes.

I just finished seeing Commando for reference and I started saying this in a trailer movie voice: :lol

WITH COLLAR POPPING COMES COLLAR BREAKING: DUDEBRO, MY SHIT IS FUCKED UP SO I HAVE TO SHOOT/SLICE YOU, COMING SOON, BRO-THOUSAND TEN.

*cue walking away from explosion in slow-mo*

ITS STRAIGHT UP DAWG TIME.

Kccitystar

Danthrax said:
Wait, so we've decided on a top-down shooter, but will the engine be 2D like ultim8p00's or will it be 3D?

BTW it's spelled Pesquali. First vowel is an E, second vowel is an A, only one L.

Armando Pesquali should be his full name and his ethnicity should be ambiguous.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Danthrax said:

Italian American, I suppose. Pesquali is not an Italian surname ;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pesquali is a vaguely ethnic terrorist.

In the process of creating the Facebook page...

Edit: This might take a while... Facebook is being really stupid at the moment... does anyone know if it's getting DDoSed or something?

Edit 2: wtf this is really fucking ridiculous

scitek said:
Dude in my comments says he has a 2D engine ready to go. Same guy that made this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ultim8p00#p/a/u/0/MI9_QhK5_Hk
Wow, we can use his skills if he's on board with what has been collectivity agreed upon. This shit has gotten even more exciting!

Once again, if you need some bosses/enemies/sound effect voice overs I'd be happy to help. I'll see if I can find some of the scrip that isn't Dudebro (since that looks like its been wrapped up) & try and make a sample tonight.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, is it that technically difficult to do multi-screen levels? Only it seems like there's only so much you can do with one room and a bunch of enemies before repetition sets in.

Slow-mo... should become Bro-mo! Brilliant!

Time slows down, you become super powerful and enemies become drumsticks.

Your shirt should also rip off and and you can blast your pecs when idle.

thetrin

yurinka said:
Wait! Where are the nazi werewolves, tranny pirates and ninja robots?

Don't worry, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Kccitystar

bombshack said:

This is all I have for now, I'm sure with all the bros and dudes and maybe even one or two brodudes amongst us, this will cause computers to explode from awesome.

Bromuda Triangle - Kill three people with one grenade

Billen

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Hm, is it that technically difficult to do multi-screen levels? Only it seems like there's only so much you can do with one room and a bunch of enemies before repetition sets in.

It's enough to fuck shit up.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i think multiscreen would work better too.

maybe several waves in each screen but something to indicate the progression and change up the evironment a bit.

ZealousD said:
Carlisle said:
So I'm at work doing work stuff and I came across this drug called Bromocriptine. It's used to treat infertility. It has potential for awesomeness.
:lol

Definitely should be used as an invincibility powerup.
Dudebro's mane should be the only infertility cure them bitches need. One whip of his beard dreadlocks and all bitches get pregnant with awesomeness.

oracrest

ludwigDUDEBRODv2.gif

well done.

besiktas1

3D max was failing on my HARD, took longer and worse than expected but it's not rough it's manly.

Carved with his own teeth, the Bro'nade Cluster Fucker - It shoots out tiny cocktail swords and bullets.

2gvrluo.png

2pskqq0.png

hope you like

My housemate has done some work in Unity3D, wrote a book and would probably be willing to help out. He only has one of his early Unity3D demos on his site at the moment but it's eerily relevant.

Hi-Impact - Tank Game

I'll send him some links and see if he has time to help out somehow.

bombshack said:

Complete the game: Cool Story DudeBro

Top Bottom