• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Would love to see this as an Adventure game. Maybe even a textventure game, kinda like Snatcher. But that's just me :D
Only if every dialogue tree in the game features the option to Shoot and Slice whoever you're talking to.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
-COOLIO- said:
i still dont get what we're using.

game maker?
unity?
do we need iphones?

It looks like we're heading toward using that engine, which uses Game Maker. It's most likely between that and Unity.

But thetrin wants to talk about it with Jocchan and Mik2121, but Mik2121 is asleep since he lives in Japan.

So it's still undecided.

cooljeanius said:
I added this application: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=115463795461 to the page to let us post the other way.

Thank you so much. So we just have to end tweets with #fb to make it crosspost to Facebook.

Cheeto

Danthrax said:
It looks like we're heading toward using that engine, which uses Game Maker. It's most likely between that and Unity.

But thetrin wants to talk about it with Jocchan and Mik2121, but Mik2121 is asleep since he lives in Japan.

So it's still undecided.
Do you have a link to this engine's website?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Danthrax said:

So it's still undecided.

Thank you so much. So we just have to end tweets with #fb to make it crosspost to Facebook.
no wonder he was up so late last night

DaveKap

Banned
Wow. Was not really expecting a spectacular thread derail to end up like this, but good job nonetheless. Now if only photobucket wasn't such an arse. :lol

LeCapitan

Neo Member
I was lurking since the first post in the Imagine: Babyz Fashion thread... thoroughly enjoyed that thread and just noticed this one.

Offering my services as a somewhat experienced game brogrammer.

Anything to get this game out to the world at large. :D

Long time GAF lurker but holy crap Dudebro is bringing me out of my cave. I don't really have anything I can help with sadly :( I've just started fooling around with Unity recently though...

But I'm totally going to grab one of those Dudebro Shirts :D

Irish

Well, I didn't pick up a mic, but I used my shitty camera to do a test for both Brollin' Stan and Reverend Brahnson.

Here it is!

So, all you other bros out there should look into voicing one of them in addition to your DudeBro stuff. (even though a clear winner has come out)

I want to get in on the brodeosity. What can I do to help? I have an art background, so I guess I can whip some stuff up to show what I can do. Be back in a few (hours). :lol

Brashnir

TheEastonator said:
Anyone? I can write music if I have a program with which to do it.

I'd be interested in working on some music as well. I guess we'll have to wait and find out what the engine will support audio-wise. Somebody should be appointed to oversee the music selection. We should try (as much as possible with a lot of collaborators anyway) to pick a style and key for the music and have everyone stick to it.

Personally, I'm in favor of going with a retro-style sound, 8/16-bit style. As for keys, it's probably simplest to stick with C Major/A minor, since I imagine most will be composing on keyboards/MIDI equipment. If we have anyone doing any vocal tracks, it might make sense to cater the overall score key to their voice. I don't plan on doing any vocals personally - I don't want to subject everyone else to composing in my preferred key of F#m.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Brashnir said:
I'd be interested in working on some music as well. I guess we'll have to wait and find out what the engine will support audio-wise. Somebody should be appointed to oversee the music selection. We should try (as much as possible with a lot of collaborators anyway) to pick a style and key for the music and have everyone stick to it.

Personally, I'm in favor of going with a retro-style sound, 8/16-bit style. As for keys, it's probably simplest to stick with C Major/A minor, since I imagine most will be composing on keyboards/MIDI equipment. If we have anyone doing any vocal tracks, it might make sense to cater the overall score key to their voice. I don't plan on doing any vocals personally - I don't want to subject everyone else to composing in my preferred key of F#m.

V_Ben is in charge of sound design, I believe.

Azure J

HOLY FUCK, why didn't I follow through in that Imagine: Babyz thread? :lol

This is amazing. I totally want to contribute something... Anything! The power of the Bro commands me to but I don't even know what I can do for you all. :lol

V_Ben

Banned
Danthrax said:
V_Ben is in charge of sound design, I believe.

you rang? but yeah, thats right :D i wanna get this game sounding as amazing as possible. like, mind blowingly awesome.

Noshino

theusedversion said:
The Official Dudebro Online Store is open for business. Get your dude gear now!

http://www.cafepress.com/dudebro2

Dudebro Golf Shirt
421735316v3_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

421735316v3_350x350_Back_Color-White.jpg

oh man, awesome, Im sorry if Im being a bit too nitpicky, but I think it would be better if it said "It is DAWG TIME" rather than Dawg Time alone

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
If we're actually doing like a sidescroller shooter, instead of the top down all one room design, than maybe I do have something to contribute. Have a level designer yet?

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I'd love to use SDL to make this game open platform. And I'd much prefer 2D. If anything like that goes forward you can sign me up for some programming.

If it goes this way, I'm up for some programming.

Edit: The programmers will probably collaborate using SVN or git or something.

Brashnir

V_Ben said:
you rang? but yeah, thats right :D i wanna get this game sounding as amazing as possible. like, mind blowingly awesome.

Cool. Let me know when you've decided on a key/style for the music, and I'll see if I can whip up some quick song concepts for you.

V_Ben

Banned
Brashnir said:
Cool. Let me know when you've decided on a key/style for the music, and I'll see if I can whip up some quick song concepts for you.

here is the main theme i whipped together;

http://www.mediafire.com/?th5dd0hinov

see if you can do anything cool withing that sort of style :D its slightly bitcrushed, but not too much. i felt that the funk was a pretty cool way to emphasise Dudebro's ragin libido!

ooh, what if you made a cool sound for when he picks up an item. a sort of "bawm-chika-wa-wa!" type sound :lol

centracore

willgoldstone said:
Hey guys if anyone wants to throw me a rigged FBX character i'll happily build you guys a top down Unity demo, if you're not going with a different engine? My mate EdwardTivursky showed me this thread, and I've got a raging broner for the concept, bro.

Holy fucking shit pay attention to this man. He pretty much wrote the definitive 'how to' book on the Unity 3D game engine, so far it's been monumental in my learning experience with Unity.

edit: book link here

V_Ben

Banned
centracore said:
Holy fucking shit pay attention to this man. He pretty much wrote the definitive 'how to' book on the Unity 3D game engine, so far it's been monumental in my learning experience with Unity.

agreed! if this guy is as good as this guy says, then we would indeed be in business! :D

Brashnir

V_Ben said:
here is the main theme i whipped together;

http://www.mediafire.com/?th5dd0hinov

see if you can do anything cool withing that sort of style :D its slightly bitcrushed, but not too much. i felt that the funk was a pretty cool way to emphasise Dudebro's ragin libido!

ooh, what if you made a cool sound for when he picks up an item. a sort of "bawm-chika-wa-wa!" type sound :lol

I like the funk, and love the retro sound. What key is it in?

V_Ben

Banned
Brashnir said:
I like the funk, and love the retro sound. What key is it in?

I believe its in C. :D

EDIT - a guy who quite literally "wrote the book" on programming in Unity? FFFFFFFFFFF! :lol

Brashnir

V_Ben said:
ah, should explain. im doing all this on my Mac. virtual keyboards and garageband loops for things like drums :D

gotcha. I'll start working in C/Am for now then. It should be easy enough to change keys if I do something you like and it's not in the right key.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
willgoldstone said:
Hey guys if anyone wants to throw me a rigged FBX character i'll happily build you guys a top down Unity demo, if you're not going with a different engine? My mate EdwardTivursky showed me this thread, and I've got a raging broner for the concept, bro.

Will, we don't have a rigged character just yet, because our modeler is asleep :)lol), but we'd love to get some help in the programming department from you.

how about having Dudebro runnning into raiden during a mission? Mistaking raiden for a bitch, Dudebro leaves him the cybertenic cripple from the MGS rising poster after he's done

Top Bottom