• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online is back! New characters Dark Knight and Creator available!

I spent so much money on this game, then my account got hacked.

I still am curious enough to try it out when I get home. I downloaded the client when I got the email last night.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Subbed. Been playing with 3 of my friends pretty regularly, super fun so far.

Also, I started a GAF guild if you all wanna join and get in on the (eventual) bonus. :p

The guild name is NeoGAF, just post/PM to let me know your character name and apply in-game.

I am Totoori (Elementalist) in game and I will be your co-leader ( •ω•ฅ)

Give us some time to get the bonuses rolling! But most importantly enjoy!
(and please please don't buy gold, Neople asked not to and you can't trade gold anyways)

We're on Cain (East) btw.

Astarte

Play sum DFO everybody!
The level cap is 70 and the FP+nogold did nothing to stop chinese botters, hackers, and goldsellers because the anti-hacking system is so basic that anyone with basic knowledge in C++ can crack it. BUT!!!! Neople has taken strong initiative on stopping the gold sellers by banning them immediately. Hopefully this sticks!

Other than that it's baller as hell

Zurick

Banned
Playing this between Bloodborne frustrations with my DK! Managed to make it to 16 so far. Leveling is quicker than I recall!

Leveling is quicker than I recall!

EXP is a lot better now since we are playing on Korean Version I think. Before in Nexon NA, you couldn't even advance with one day worth of fatigue.

I think fatigue wasn't suppose to stop gold botters but rather due to a law in Korea that says games have to "limit" their play time so gamers don't overplay (but you can also argue its for money hoarding purposes since you can pay for more).
I could be wrong though, just a thought. The complaints about the FP system on other forums and in-game megaphones is overwhelming enough.

frozencool

Neo Member
I used to play DFO all the way from its launch to a few months before its undeserved death. If people are interested, I can try to give a more detailed explanation of what killed the game in the first place, why it coming back is such an event, and how vast the difference between this version and the old version is.

That aside, rediscovering monk is a wonderful experience, especially when you realize none of your old muscle memory is gone. If possible, do play this game with a controller of some kind it makes it much easier to process how it works and you can rebind abilities to fighting game motion commands instead of hotkeys.

Pejo

Man what a week to be out on a work trip. I can't wait to get home to play this and Bloodborne. Subbed to this thread, and I'll try to get in on the GAF guild once I get home and DL the client.

Fou-Lu

Can I change any settings through the launcher or character select screen? I don't want to watch the opening in a tiny little window.

WarRock

Why did I made a Ranger. I can't grasp this playstyle... going to stick to pure melee (and maybe a glacial master).

I just started on this but confused as how gamepad works. Right now only movements work ;/ I guess i'll try and figure it out just having keys on gamepad for dungeons only and hub area something else.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I just started on this but confused as how gamepad works. Right now only movements work ;/ I guess i'll try and figure it out just having keys on gamepad for dungeons only and hub area something else.

There is no native gamepad/controller support. I'm using a playstation DS4 with Xpadder and have mapped most of the function I need and its working well so far.

If people are interested, I can try to give a more detailed explanation of what killed the game in the first place, why it coming back is such an event, and how vast the difference between this version and the old version is.

Yes please do. I'm particularly interested in a summary of all the differences this version of the game has compared to the old "Nexon era" version. Obviously the town and dungeons look different, but what else has changed?

Primus

There is no native gamepad/controller support. I'm using a playstation DS4 with Xpadder and have mapped most of the function I need and its working well so far.

I'm prolly going to have to give in and start using Xpadder myself, since DFO doesn't seem to understand the triggers on my wired 360 controller. I need 8 or 9 buttons at the ready now that I've hit 25 on my F.Grappler, and that's just going to increase as I get to the good stuff. (Air Steiner in 5 levels!)

Sent a join request to the guild in-game as well.

Kouriozan

Tried Witch the last 2 days (Fatigue depletes so fast T-T) and it's pretty fun!
Also, I kept my Alpha characters after all (Kouriozan Crusader 30 and Kouriolex Elementalist 37) I'll join the GAF guild but not now, as I'm trying other characters. Maybe just my Crusader for now.

WarRock

Could a veteran elaborate a little about Asura and Weapon Master? Hit lv15 on a Slayer and I'm not sure which advancement to pick.

Astarte

Could a veteran elaborate a little about Asura and Weapon Master? Hit lv15 on a Slayer and I'm not sure which advancement to pick.

If you're a starting player you can't go wrong with asura. They're very cheap to maintain and make, but they're also very good in parties thanks to their holds.

Kouriozan

By the way, is this a feature of the new changes that you can add and remove skills at will? It's pretty great for my Crusader when I solo or to test new builds.

Asura is an extremely solid character in both PvP and PvE; somehow got buffed in this OBT, one of my friends is having a "ball" playing one. But I'm biased since I played and enjoyed one as well. PvP wise for both classes, I think Asura takes cake*

Differences in playstyle however -

Asura:
+Long Ranged(but can be all ranges really), focused on X-axis poking and burst combo
+Quite Tanky due to access to Plate Armor
+Cheap to make since mostly fixed damage, More INT is always better though.
+Solid Crowd Control Kit with freeze, hold, stun, knockback etc.
+/- What's more Badass than being G.S.D? Popular Class
-Mana Intensive Early On
-Casting Animation can be quite long, don't mindlessly spam it and you're fine.

Weapon Master:
+Amazing Combos, Does Great with Very Fast Attack Speed Weapons. Juggle for days
+Access to all weapons, but most importantly the Light Sabre (Fastest Attack Speed) which synchronizes so well "Secret Slayer Technique"
+Huge DeePS, goes past Asura when funded*
+/- Very Popular class, I see these guys everywhere
+/- Simple, I didn't find myself using a lot of skills, but basic attack mashing 90% of time, weapons broke faster because of so but repairing is not a big deal
-Much Harder to play as they are melee especially against super armor
-Requires Gear...seriously.

*Very Subjective, since no Tier Lists for OBT yet
Feel free to correct me though, I sometimes played slayer classes back in Nexon NA and I'm just a F. Mage main now so It's quite possible I forgot something or blundered.

By the way, is this a feature of the new changes that you can add and remove skills at will? It's pretty great for my Crusader when I solo or to test new builds.
Yessir.
Reset at any time, experiment! There's no builds since outdated I think and some classes got hidden buffs/nerfs which I don't remember. But you're probably leveling up so focusing on builds shouldn't really be important so soon.
Also there's a title that gives +400Max MP called "Bottoms Up!" Just hit the reset skill button 5 times until you get it. Really helpful for early-game mana dependent classes.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Approved everyone who sent me a message and in-game application to the guild! Also, whoever has the character SchierkeFace - we can't add you for 3 days because you recently left another guild.

I guess I'll try sinking some time into my MStriker from the Alpha since I've hit similar levels with my main. The new early game quests/dungeons were an interesting change of pace, but damn if all the Sewer areas had terrible visibility. >.<

Whoever has the character SchierkeFace - we can't add you for 3 days because you recently left another guild.

That's one of my alts, shouldn't have accepted that random guild invite.

I'm planning on playing all the F.mage classes, How many alts are you guys using?

KimChi

Subbed. Been playing with 3 of my friends pretty regularly, super fun so far.

Also, I started a GAF guild if you all wanna join and get in on the (eventual) bonus. :p

The guild name is NeoGAF, just post/PM to let me know your character name and apply in-game.

edit:nvm looks like i can keep name if i delete character, gotta wait until tomorrow though ._.

Primus

Good lord, dat Ciara. Nothing like dashing straight into her twirling super and eating about a 15-hit combo right as the boss fight starts.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I remember playing DFO once when Nexon had it, but only because there was some Maple Story event that involved getting to a certain level on DFO. Back then, even the first 10-20 levels seemed grindy, and I assume the botters already did a number on the game because it felt quite empty/dead.

This open beta, on the other hand, has been a really good experience so far. I don't usually play MMOs these days, but there's more players than I would have thought, the combat is way more fun than I remember, and free skill resets is really nice since I know nothing about what skills are useful and it saves me the anxiety of worrying about my skill build being perfect. The one class I really want to main is Knight, but it's not out yet so I'm settling with a F. Nen Fighter for now.

Puruzi

Banned
That's one of my alts, shouldn't have accepted that random guild invite.

I'm planning on playing all the F.mage classes, How many alts are you guys using?

I have 7 classes, Lvl 40 Launcher, Lvl 33 Battlemage, Lvl 32 Witch, Lvl 27 Striker, Lvl 27 Elementalist, Lvl 27 Ranger, and a Lvl 13 Creator.

Back in the Nexon days I basically just played a Bellatix, Desperado, and Wildcat.

I'm so sad that I lost them ;-;

MisterHero

giphyacu6o.gif
giphyacu6o.gif

Heaven is real. Now gimme mah chainsaw sword

Someone tell me how to play elementalist

I keep getting blown up ;w;

-Run, run a lot. Learn Hodor if you got some points.
-Cast speed avatars once we get them help out a lot.
-Void has a weak pulling effect, if you combine that with fire pillar you can delay an enemy's advances by a bit as void keeps pulling the launched enemies.
-Party up, more meat walls never hurt.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
-Run, run a lot. Learn Hodor if you got some points.
-Cast speed avatars once we get them help out a lot.
-Void has a weak pulling effect, if you combine that with fire pillar you can delay an enemy's advances by a bit as void keeps pulling the launched enemies.
-Party up, more meat walls never hurt.

this is the honest truth. going solo with an elemental is painful

Top Bottom