• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dunkirk - Review thread

JB1981

Saw Interstellar in IMAX and absolutely loved it. But I will admit, it's one of those "one-watch-is-enough" movies.

I can only go to the theaters on Sunday, so schedule-wise it's gonna be a tight fit between this, Game of Thrones, and WWE Battleground.

No way! Love rewatching Interstellar

I'm surprise at the lack of "YouTube" reviews.

Ususally are the first to go up. Anyways, finally got around to reading some and sounds great.

Excited to see my first IMAX 70mm film

BizzyBum

Huh, my preferred theater has 70mm but not 70mm IMAX. Kinda bummed that I won't get the full frame aspect ratio.

My theater is weird, it showed showings for IMAX or 70mm but not IMAX 70mm. I double checked the list of 70mm IMAX showings and my theater was listed as one of them so I just assumed the IMAX listing was for 70mm, too.

DMczaf

gi_19748549_1376832292400461_307293486546175492_n.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Just saw my loyalty concession doesn't work for IMAX at my theatre. Paying the extra, it's always been worth it. I think it starts working for IMAX like a few weeks after the fact so maybe I'll see this twice, saw TDKR three times and loved it.

Love this guy, he has a Kubrick feeling about him for me, not just the pacing of his films but the care and attention to each shot. I'm glad Warner Bros have so much faith in him.

96 meta... Jesus. I know it'll drop some when there are more than 20-odd reviews, but that's impressive af

Still, I have mixed feelings about Nolan. Gotta wait for some reviews from my trusted sources.

But damn, 96...

Are there any other big IMAX movies coming out in the next couple weeks that could bump this out? Probably not going to see this in IMAX until at least next week, I just hope some other movie doesn't come along and cut down the screenings of Dunkirk in IMAX.

FTF

Spielberg has a drama coming in 2017 with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep about the importance of brave journalism.

Without knowing if the film turns out any good, that's going to be a hard to beat Oscar campaign.

Eh Spotlight just won 2 years ago, time for something/someone new to win. (I know, I know, war movies aren't anything new.)

Would love to know that. Nearest IMAX is an hour drive and isn't 70mm.
If it's not 70mm, an hour seems like a long way, to me. It'll still be a great experience but it makes me wonder if you wouldn't be better off saving the time and going to a rally nice regular theater nearer to you (assuming you have one of those with the reclining leather seats and great sound and all).

But I have a 70mm IMAX that's thirty minutes away and three regular IMAX theaters within 30 minutes, so I'm spoiled.

If it's not 70mm, an hour seems like a long way, to me. It'll still be a great experience but it makes me wonder if you wouldn't be better off saving the time and going to a rally nice regular theater nearer to you (assuming you have one of those with the reclining leather seats and great sound and all).

But I have a 70mm IMAX that's thirty minutes away and three regular IMAX theaters within 30 minutes, so I'm spoiled.

Yeah thought so. Thanks for answering. Regular nice theater it is.

Wow didn't realize how rare IMAX 70mm was.

Guess I'm lucky I live near one. Kinda of regretting not watching interstellar in there actually.

Sean C

Spielberg has a drama coming in 2017 with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep about the importance of brave journalism.

Without knowing if the film turns out any good, that's going to be a hard to beat Oscar campaign.
Spielberg hasn't actually been a big player with the Academy since the 1990s.

Top Bottom