• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Gbraga

Playing at 4K, none of my menu options show up on a lot of the menus.

iNdHzXC.png

Yeah, that's "normal". Probably the same thing that's causing the mini map to not work.

Gotta wait for the Great fal'Cie from Beyond to awake.

RK9039

Yep, that must be what I'm seeing. Wonder what causes that..

Not AA but AF, hmm

Hmm, I had AA on before (x4), turned it off and that glitch went.

Playing at 4K, none of my menu options show up on a lot of the menus.

iNdHzXC.png

Yeah, Durante hasn't fixed this, that's one the bugs in this pre-alpha release ('Probably some stuff somewhere is cut off. I saw some scissor calls and am not dealing with them yet').

legacyzero

Banned
Yeah, that's "normal". Probably the same thing that's causing the mini map to not work.

Gotta wait for the Great fal'Cie from Beyond to awake.

Hmm, I had AA on before (x4), turned it off and that glitch went.

Yeah, Durante hasn't fixed this, that's one the bugs in this pre-alpha release ('Probably some stuff somewhere is cut off. I saw some scissor calls and am not dealing with them yet').

Thankfully, item and option discriptions still work. So no big deal here :p

Caffeine

I finally caved in and got GeDoSaTo compiling a while ago and started looking into this. Still have to get a bit more familiar with your code base but it looks very clean, so well done!

I've redirected the scissorRect which was easy to do and it solved the menu issues. This seems to work fine on my end but there are a couple of other issues still apparent that I'll take a look at tomorrow or something as it's nearly 3AM here now.
To play with the menu fixes, download this dll and place it in your GeDoSaTo folder.

thanks

Levyne

Banned
This may be obvious, but for those of you less versed (like me), I would suggest not putting in 16:10 resolutions for those with those monitors since it just seems to stretch the image, would rather have black bars, yuck.

Here's a 4k (to 1080p downsampled) shot I like.

Edit: Her hair looks weird :/

Omega

Banned
Its kind of sad that we need people like Durante to make PC ports playable. At least pay the dude if you're gonna be lazy and not do it in-house

Great work by you and anyone else who may have helped. Im on mobile so I dont wanna read through a 4 page thread, hurts my eyes

Gbraga

I finally caved in and got GeDoSaTo compiling a while ago and started looking into this. Still have to get a bit more familiar with your code base but it looks very clean, so well done!

I've redirected the scissorRect which was easy to do and it solved the menu issues. This seems to work fine on my end but there are a couple of other issues still apparent that I'll take a look at tomorrow or something as it's nearly 3AM here now.
To play with the menu fixes, download this dll and place it in your GeDoSaTo folder.

nvm, legacy, this works for the menus. Mini map still not working, but who cares. Just press square and you get the map (not that you need it).

Thanks a lot, Garteal!

Anteater

my game crash even without gedosato :/ just woke up trying to run the game for the first time, lol

edit: fixed it, added the ffxiiiimg.exe under data execution prevention under system properties > advanced > system performance and it stops crashing.

Marceles

Grief.exe

Do you play on a 1080p screen?

If so, that's just how GeDoSaTo works. It does the downsampling internally with the scaling type you choose (bilinear, bicubic or lanczos) and you'll just get the final downsampled image on your screen. When you take screenshots, it'll come downsampled already.

The idea is that you can get photoshop quality downsampling in-game if GeDoSaTo handles it instead of your drivers.

Hitting the take fullscreenshot button should take a screen prior to Gedosato downsampling to your monitor's resolution.

Peltz

As Durante talks about in his PCGamer article:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-features-pc-gamers-wantan-open-letter-to-developers-and-gamers/

Arbitrary resolutions support should be trivial to implement. I think it is just a case that some developers just simply don't understand the importance of arbitrary resolutions support on a PC game and how easy it is to implement.

But I wasn't just referring to arbitrary resolutions. 1080p is fairly standard, even on consoles now. To come out with 720p res port on PC is just a bit silly in 2014.

Going to turn off AA. I'm trying to figure out how to run it in full screen without crashing. I think by changing the settings to 1920x1080p all across is what might have screw me. Anyway to put the text settings back to default?

Red Comet

So has anybody managed a constant 60 FPS at 4K?

With my 780 Ti it's mainly defaulting to 30 FPS, but occasionally goes up to 60. I'm debating whether or not to cap it at 30 and play at 4K or to turn down the resolution a bit and play at 60 fps.

Zafir

So has anybody managed a constant 60 FPS at 4K?

With my 780 Ti it's mainly defaulting to 30 FPS, but occasionally goes up to 60. I'm debating whether or not to cap it at 30 and play at 4K or to turn down the resolution a bit and play at 60 fps.
At 4k it's pretty much always around 58-60FPS on my 970. At least it was in the starting area(Hanging Edge) where I tried it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
As Durante talks about in his PCGamer article:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-features-pc-gamers-wantan-open-letter-to-developers-and-gamers/

Arbitrary resolutions support should be trivial to implement. I think it is just a case that some developers just simply don't understand the importance of arbitrary resolutions support on a PC game and how easy it is to implement.
Seeing as the games Durante's had to fix up are Japanese, I guess it's safe to assume that they have no idea that PC gamers want choice of resolution. The Last Remnant is a weird outlier, since it offered great PC options. But is it naiveté, or what?

Levyne

Banned
At 4k I'm getting 45-60 on my 780 for the more hectic battles, though outside of battle it's staying much more towards 60. You might be inadvertently forcing some sort of v-sync that takes it to 30 when it goes below 60.

legacyzero

Banned
At 4k I'm getting 45-60 on my 780 for the more hectic battles, though outside of battle it's staying much more towards 60. You might be inadvertently forcing some sort of v-sync that takes it to 30 when it goes below 60.

That makes sense, considering I've not seen one screen tear.

Top Bottom