• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming to PS4

meppi

Fantastic news. Really loved the game on XBLA.
Will gladly double dip. :)
Wish this was coming to Vita and have cross buy, but oh well.

Begaria

*crosses fingers* I hope it does well! Line 'dem pockets so he can get Dust 2 out the door :D

I reaaaaally want Dust 2.

Edit:

For those of you picking this up for the first time, play on harder difficulties. As amazing as this game is, it's SUPER easy on Normal. Even the hardest difficulty only gives somewhat of a challenge. You grow strong really fast, and Fidget is fairly overpowered. So do yourself a favor if you like a bit of challenge and play on harder difficulties.

hawk2025

Nice.

. . . Though I find it funny that I only just now noticed it's a Microsoft Studios published game on PC while looking at the Steam sale. Was thinking that might have undermined coming to PS, but I overestimated how much that mattered I guess.

There's all kinds of interesting Microsoft Studios games.

For example, Joe Danger Special Edition was published by Microsoft Studios!

I completed and loved on Pc, thought it was a Microsoft studio game? Will mist likely double dip to support them and hopefully bring more titles over.

zulux21

while I am happy that this is getting released on more platforms as it's a great game, I am a little disappointed since I follow the creator and he had teased he had big news today and I was hoping it would finally be his next game :p

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Enjoyed the demo on 360 but by god I can't get past the furry art style and the voice of that orange girl thing.

Eusis

There's all kinds of interesting Microsoft Studios games.

For example, Joe Danger Special Edition was published by Microsoft Studios!
Admittedly I think that was "self publishing" on Xbox anyway, and we did see a bunch like Braid come over. Just most of them dump Microsoft as a publisher on PC, though even there we're seeing a version of Toy Soldiers hit PS4 in the near future.

Musolf815

I haven't finished it on PC, I'll probably get it again. I think I'll be more inclined to finish it on something better than my shitty laptop.

Ferr986

Good news for the PS4 users than didnt get to play.

IMO its an awesome game. Guys, dont miss this because of the "lol furry" complains.

hawk2025

Admittedly I think that was "self publishing" on Xbox anyway, and we did see a bunch like Braid come over. Just most of them dump Microsoft as a publisher on PC, though even there we're seeing a version of Toy Soldiers hit PS4 in the near future.

Toy Soldiers is slightly different, since I believe the IP was actually purchased from Microsoft after the fact.

But you are right, a lot of the noteworthy early indie games were actually published by MGS -- maybe one day we'll see a new version of Super Meat Boy? I think that's the last major holdover, no?

I'm a go ahead and double dip. I'd give dust an 8/10, nothing too revolutionary, but it excels at what it does. The story makes you want to see it thru, even though it's nothing great. Fidget didn't annoy me as much as many gaming sidekicks too. But the action is the key element, the best thing about the game.

Zareka

I've never come in contact with you, but congrats Noogy! This is awesome for you.

I really enjoyed what I played of the demo a few years back and I grabbed the full game on sale for my 360 a while back but have never actually got round to playing it. Should I wait for the PS4 version? I can't remember the FPS etc of the 360 version. I don't care all that much about framerate but I guess if there's a 60fps version I'll take it over a 30.

I REALLY WOULD LOVE A VITA VERSION DOE KNAWMEAN

slade

Saw my brother playing this on PC. Loved how it looked and played kind of like Muramasa. Now I can finally try it.

How soon is 'Really Really soon' though?

Novocaine

Beat it on PC when it came out there. Gorgeous visuals. I'll more than likely pick this up as long as I'm not too swamped and play through again on my big screen.

Also it will be
Super Meat Boy's
2nd appearance on Playstation. If only the real game :(

_Ryo_

what resolution was this game originally drawn in? If it's less than 1080p, won't it just be an upscale?

FUCKING YES! Will buy!

Hey Noogy, will there be tiny amounts of new content or is it going to be identical to the 360 version in all but resolution?

Whoa, that's huge news. developers dumping MS like a bad date.

If only Ska had announced a new Dishwasher instead of Salt and Sanctuary, this would be the greatest day ever.

hawk2025

Whoa, that's huge news. developers dumping MS like a bad date.

If only Ska had announced a new Dishwasher instead of Salt and Sanctuary, this would be the greatest day ever.

hhmmm, I think Noogy hasn't had a bad thing to say about Microsoft -- I'd even wager that his next game will be a temporary exclusive. But it sure is nice that Dust is not locked down :)

lt519

Made it half-way through on the PC. Started on Hard and the game got a little too difficult as I didn't level up my character appropriately. Might double dip and try again if there's cross play for Vita!

Top Bottom