• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming to PS4

Lain

Every time I read some Dust news, or someone mention playing Dust for the first, I get back my thought that Noogy should make a Paperinik game, if Disney was ever interested in such a project. It would be awesome.

Percy

Banned
Wasn't too fussed on this first time through to be honest. Is it basically just the same game then? Nothing new? If so it'll be interesting to see the pricing.

hhmmm, I think Noogy hasn't had a bad thing to say about Microsoft -- I'd even wager that his next game will be a temporary exclusive. But it sure is nice that Dust is not locked down :)

Yeah, glad to see MS didn't stop Noogy from releasing the game on other platforms. It's fantastic and deserves to be played by as many people as possible.

rezn0r

+1 to backing this game, it's great. I was in love once he mentioned Wonder Boy being an influence...then I played it and it WAS great!

Aru

I bought a Humble Bundle containing this game and still haven't got time to play it. Gonna fix that soon.

Fjordson

One of my favourite games of last generation. Forreal. Took me totally by surprise.

The excellent combat and visuals really jump out at you, and the controls feel perfect, but the story is also great and more complicated than it seems at first.

JP

This is good news, had heard of it but never played it, looks gorgeous from what I've seen now. 1080p 60fps will help too. This and Metal Slug 3 both announced for the PS4 today. :)

esterk

Oh awesome. I had this on 360 and never finished before switched to PS. Glad I'll have a chance to play it on console once more! It's a great game, despite my general dislike for the art.

Great news! I have this on PC, but it's obviously in my Steam backlog.

And here comes the furryphobe brigade.

I'm genuinely surprised at how few there are this time actually. It took until PAGE TWO before the first one turned up. That is a new record for any game with anthro characters in it as far as I've seen.

At any rate, I loved the shit out of this game. The gameplay is really addictive and the visuals just awesome. I think I will go for it a second time on PS4 then since I stored my Xbox 360 a while ago.

I confused this game with the other Dust game, From Dust I believe it's called.

Holy crap at what this game actually is, looks awesome. PS4 will be my entrance to it.

mreddie

04%20-%20cTsUJXP.gif

Excellent.

I've wanted to play this for a while so I'm glad that it's coming to PS4 (I don't own one yet but will eventually).

Dare I say that this means Mark of the Ninja might make the jump to other consoles too? I'd love to play that on my Vita.

Surprised it wasn't also announced for Vita (the other games announced today all are). Also surprised it went on the EU site before the US site.

Really soon= this year?

May I ask what those other games announced were?

Amir0x

Banned
Speaking of this, Noogy was kind enough to give me several Dust: An Elysian Tail (Steam) codes for my indie thread. That thread was sort of dying so I wanted to make a new indie thread with the contest for these games at the forefront, so look for it soon!

That won't be the only indie games I'll be giving out, so it should be fun :D

Altazor

Congrats Noogy! It's a great game and, despite the reservations some people might have with the artstyle, it's a game that deserves to be played. And in 1080p/60fps, it's gonna look beautiful!

Dezzy

Really great game, people who aren't a fan of the character art really should just give the game a chance anyway. I got it on sale on Steam and it blew me away.
You can really tell Noogy put his heart into this game.
If nothing else sells you on the game, maybe the amazing soundtrack will. :)

dugdug

Banned
Loved this game, but, could never beat the final boss. Willing to give it another shot on PS4. Hope it's out sometime this year!

Jobbs

Banned
YES!!!

Thank the heavens

yea, it's not much like muramasa outside of it having nice 2d graphics and environments and combo type action. the combat is faster/twitchier and generally probably a bit easier, and the game features a lot more in the way of exploring and platforming. muramasa features largely "walk left or right" environments and little else. Dust is more of a full vania with omnidirectional environment traversal and a variety of platforming.

Top Bottom