• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dwayne Johnson Teases New Video Game Movie Announcement

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Not Andrew Garfield.
If you don't have a suggestion, your critique holds less weight. For all I know, you're someone who would cast the first guy with blonde hair.

Andrew Garfield is a great actor and could easily play a character like Raiden.

There is an outer softness to Raiden, but he also carries a lot of burden. He's definitely not a pushover. Andrew Garfield has shown off a lot of those shades in his previous roles.

Last edited:

MikeM

I honestly cant see him as Kratos either. He is to "innocent" for a lack of better word and not sure if he could pull off an Anti-hero.
He could absolutely do it. But, why not use the current God of War

m3La9no.jpg

GrayFoxPL

If you don't have a suggestion, your critique holds less weight. For all I know, you're someone who would cast the first guy with blonde hair.

Andrew Garfield is a great actor and could easily play a character like Raiden.
For the love of everything, anyone except Andrew Garfield.

WitchHunter

Banned
He needs to age, still has this babyface. I just can't take him seriously. He is like a kinder surprise egg.

Give him the serial rapist role from I saw the devil or smth violent to kill his goodguy image.

He has a fn big following so regardless what he does, he could even sell a movie about lemonade making.

So the movie will be at max PG13 and I'm sure he'll ride on a big, ugly dinosaur and will throw big fn rocks to bring world justice to every home. The children will surely kill their parents to see it.

Kdad

God of War movie with quick time events (by cell phone in theatre) ... the movie branches based on viewer input.

I'm there for the goddess foursome.

Kadve

But his next movie is Black Adam.
We have yet to see how good he is in that though. I'm just so used to see him play kid friendly characters that i might have a problem taking him serious as either.
Your thinking about the old vengeful Kratos, but the new one is also a lot softer than he used to be, so Johnson would fit perfectly with his physique, especially with that grey beard:
True, but Feels like it would be a mistake by Sony to just straight up adopt "modern" Kratos. It might be like the Detective Pikachu movie where only fans of the series will be able to understand it. Or at least understand what makes it good.

I don't think an adaption where you throw the audience into the middle of the source material with little to no set-up has ever worked.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
He's playing Kratos.

I've been asking for that for years, and makes sense. He had some good history with Sony Pictures and PlayStation, and he's overall perfect for the role as Christopher Judge seems like suffering from some health issues and might not be fit for any kind of stunts and runs. Also Christopher Judge might be burnt out as well working on GOW 2018 and GOW: Ragnarok.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Its the Android game Temple Run as that is a jungle setting with a stupid open ended narrative they can twist any number of ridiculous ways to have excuses to go from set piece to set piece.
Warner Brothers already optioned it and expressed desire to turn it into a movie. Google it.

Last edited:

Yoboman

He heard there was a jungle scene in the Uncharted movie so made them refilm to include him as Nathan Drake

ToTTenTranz

Banned
If it's Gears of War and Dave Bautista isn't involved, he's going to be really pissed. That man has been begging to be in a Gears of War movie for over a decade.

Top Bottom