• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyad coming to Steam on April 24th

Reese-015

FINALLY

I HAVE BEEN GOOGLING 'DYAD PC RELEASE' ALMOST EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST MONTHS

NOW I SHALL HAVE IT

Don't have a PS3 so haven't played it before but from everything I've read and seen, I will love this even more than I have loved Wipeout and Rez. I know Dyad is hard to compare to anything so I'm not comparing directly but still, it'll scratch that particular itch. I have high expectations... But I think they will be met. Everything indicates this is so much the type of game I love most.

Haven't been hyped about a game release this much in years.

Maybe I'm just going a bit too crazy about it... Or maybe not.

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
FINALLY

I HAVE BEEN GOOGLING 'DYAD PC RELEASE' ALMOST EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST MONTHS

NOW I SHALL HAVE IT

Don't have a PS3 so haven't played it before but from everything I've read and seen, I will love this even more than I have loved Wipeout and Rez. I know Dyad is hard to compare to anything so I'm not comparing directly but still, it'll scratch that particular itch. I have high expectations... But I think they will be met. Everything indicates this is so much the type of game I love most.

Haven't been hyped about a game release this much in years.

Maybe I'm just going a bit too crazy about it... Or maybe not.

Oh jeez... I hope it lives up to expectations... please let me know what you think after you've beaten it! (it might not live up to your expectations until about the midway point of the game though)

TheExodu5

Banned
Haven't heard of this game until now. Looks right up my alley though. I'll definitely be checking this one out when I get a chance.

Oreoleo

Does anyone know if the PS3 version ran at 720 or 1080 (Or something else entirely), and what the frame rate was like (30 vs 60)? It's a cool, unique game and I liked it quite a bit but I'm not sure if it would be worth double dipping on.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Does anyone know if the PS3 version ran at 720 or 1080 (Or something else entirely), and what the frame rate was like (30 vs 60)? It's a cool, unique game and I liked it quite a bit but I'm not sure if it would be worth double dipping on.

1080, 60 fps, uncompressed sound. The download size was even 1337 MB!

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
Which basically confirms my suspicions that a PC port won't have a lot more to offer over the PS3 original.

But I'll definitely buy it again in a sale!

I already said before that the PC version is 100% identical to the PS3 version and there's no reason to buy it again unless you want to play on a keyboard (which is better imo). Also monitors generally have a lower latency than tv screens (unless you hdmi directly in with no upscaling and 'game mode'), so it's a bit easier and more responsive to play on PC I find.

glow

Banned
"Dyad loves you" - yep, I got that feel from playing it on PS3. I hope this does well on PC. Beautiful game.

Soule

It's available now!

Steam link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223450/
GOG link: http://www.gog.com/news/release_dyad

And here's the new commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDO6QsukNwk

I hope everyone has an interesting experience with it... preferably an enjoyable one =)

After seeing this thread I checked out the Steam page for Dyad and even though it's not really my thing... I will buy this eventually (steam sale!) if only to support the makers of this commercial.

Reese-015

Oh jeez... I hope it lives up to expectations... please let me know what you think after you've beaten it! (it might not live up to your expectations until about the midway point of the game though)

Got a chance to play it for around 30min earlier today. Loving it. Kinda figured myself indeed that I'll be playing this a LOT and it'll be growing on me a LOT but I'm already really digging it.

I already said before that the PC version is 100% identical to the PS3 version and there's no reason to buy it again unless you want to play on a keyboard (which is better imo). Also monitors generally have a lower latency than tv screens (unless you hdmi directly in with no upscaling and 'game mode'), so it's a bit easier and more responsive to play on PC I find.

Better on keyboard? Really? I must try this. (playing with an XBox controller, Razer Onza)

Quick note for others: let VSync option on 'tear', I see no tearing with it and did not get a great fps on the 'wait' option.

Gowans

Grabbed this off Steam, waited since the EU PSN delay and I'm glad, really enjoying it.

It's very PC tho (cmd promt on open and close and editing the file to select my res and make it full screen, unless I missed the options menu?)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Very curious that you say it plays better on keyboard, but I've got so much coming out in the next few weeks that I might have to hold off a bit.

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be around for the next few days, if you have anything you wanna ask me, feel free!

Thanks a lot for the support, the gaf community has been super great to me, and I really appreciate the positivity and support, yay!

Hey Shawn. Bought the game on the first minute ;) Looking forward to more crazy creations!

antitrop

I'm doing a live Q&A on twitch while my friend streams the game: http://www.twitch.tv/aurratv

If you don't know wtf is going on in the game and/or want to ask me things, jump on!

I just want to personally thank you for making one of my favorite games last year. It was exactly what I was looking for at exactly the right time and I am all too happy to purchase it again on Steam today.

Godspeed and I look forward to what you have going on next.

And thank you for supporting PC gamers.

So...I reset video settings, they didn't take, restarted and now it's in full screen but at the wrong res and I can only see half the screen and can't get back into settings. Not the greatest first impression...

Fixed it by manually editing the .conf file.

Reese-015

Everything went pretty smooth and slick here for me. I noticed the command prompt box but beyond that it seems to be a pretty great port with some good options in the graphics menu as well. Wonder if there were any particular difficulties in getting it ported...

Reese-015

Playing in 7.0TeV now. Game is way more intense than I expected. It's great but it's hard to play it for longer than say an hour or so cause it's so damn crazy. Good stuff tho, I like it.

Bururian

I need Dyad.

Child of Eden did not satiate the hunger I had for another Rez like game. This looks to fill every need and want that I desire.

Dyad guys, you have outdone yourselves. I am in awe at this game. I will play this for a long time to come.

Cramoss

I need Dyad.

Child of Eden did not satiate the hunger I had for another Rez like game. This looks to fill every need and want that I desire.

Dyad guys, you have outdone yourselves. I am in awe at this game. I will play this for a long time to come.

All I want in life is Rez HD on PC.

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
Playing in 7.0TeV now. Game is way more intense than I expected. It's great but it's hard to play it for longer than say an hour or so cause it's so damn crazy. Good stuff tho, I like it.

Not really any problems... and who cares about the dos prompt? =) It doesn't really matter does it? I thought about removing it, and said "fuck it, I like it"

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
So...I reset video settings, they didn't take, restarted and now it's in full screen but at the wrong res and I can only see half the screen and can't get back into settings. Not the greatest first impression...

Fixed it by manually editing the .conf file.

Sorry, that's kinda annoying! Do you have a suggestion? I can add command line parameters for screen width and screen height, but is that any less annoying than having to edit the conf file? If you select an incompatible resolution and the game can't detect it, what do you think it should do?

Shaneus

It's available now!

Steam link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223450/
GOG link: http://www.gog.com/news/release_dyad

And here's the new commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDO6QsukNwk

I hope everyone has an interesting experience with it... preferably an enjoyable one =)
Holy shit, is the first bit of sound in that trailer (I haven't even watched the full thing yet) from this? If so, then I tip my hat to you. Your announcement trailers were refreshing to see as well, hope you now have some money to buy food for your baby :)

I haven't beaten it yet (I've only just cleared the first group of levels), but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm sure it's had comparisons to Temptest 2000 and I feel that's somewhat justified, but it's different enough to say that it's a completely different game... if that makes sense. But, it's enough to say "If you enjoyed T2K, you'll enjoy Dyad".

Hadn't played it on PS3, BTW.

But yeah... great work :)

Not really any problems... and who cares about the dos prompt? =) It doesn't really matter does it? I thought about removing it, and said "fuck it, I like it"
Fantastic. We need more people like you developing games for PC.

Gowans

who cares about the dos prompt? =) It doesn't really matter does it? I thought about removing it, and said "fuck it, I like it"

I like it to, PC character, same with the options file or having a separate config .exe if needed down the line.

Looking forward to playing more today.

Reese-015

Finished most of it on 2 stars, some 3 stars and some 1 stars here and there. Will definitely be playing it a lot more still and try to get 3 stars on some levels. One of my only complaints is that most levels feel like tutorial levels with the game only getting to the real meat of it at the end of every chapter. I wish there were many more and longer versions of those end-chapter levels.

Reese-015

Just finished Eye Of The Duck. Thought it was Infinite but it was NOT! And the ending was awesome. Wish there were more long epic levels like that in the game.

Trophy levels are some of the most fun I've had with gaming ever.

Game really isn't all that interesting if you just try to finish it. But so fucking awesome when you try to 3-star levels and have a go at the Trophy levels. Sooooo good.

Btw there's a few things I don't understand: in the Perpetuation trophy level, a lot of the time I will die when I bump into things... But I'm invinvible. So what's up with that?

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
Cool, glad you found what you enjoy in it!

Some people just like playing through the regular game... I agree that the trophy mode is the best part. The game really is a tutorial for all of them.

I'd like more levels like Eye of the Duck too, but that took 5 months to make ;)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Bought this game on PSN release - it's a beautiful game with some lovely music - unfortunately the gameplay just never clicked with me (waaaay too fast with it being too hard to follow). Still, I'm glad to have supported it.

Corto

Double dipped on GOG and will try with Wine to play it on my MacBook, I'll update here Shawn if it runs nicely.

edit: Will triple dip if Vita version comes through *wink wink*

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
Double dipped on GOG and will try with Wine to play it on my MacBook, I'll update here Shawn if it runs nicely.

edit: Will triple dip if Vita version comes through *wink wink*

I have it running on Vita and I really don't like it. It's hard to play on a small screen, I'm not sure if I can make it work =/

Reese-015

Oh this thread is still active! Wonderful. I was tweeting my questions at you rather than posting them cause I thought this thread had gotten buried and was not going to get resurrected. I wonder if we'll ever see some sort of sequel or spiritual successor to Dyad...

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
Oh this thread is still active! Wonderful. I was tweeting my questions at you rather than posting them cause I thought this thread had gotten buried and was not going to get resurrected. I wonder if we'll ever see some sort of sequel or spiritual successor to Dyad...

NEVER!

I'm done with Dyad. I learned a lot from it and have new ambitions and ideas I want to explore. I hope I never make anything like Dyad ever again ;)

That's not to say I don't love it, it's the best game I've ever played. I just want to solve new problems that I think exist in games.

Top Bottom