• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyad coming to Steam on April 24th

Corto

Just to update that I didn't get Dyad to work on a Mac through Wine. I get to the loading screen and then the game doesn't respond to the key strokes (enter). Just to confirm, there'll be a Mac version right? And I also feel that I play much better with the keyboard than with a controller it gives better control of the ship.

Reese-015

NEVER!

I'm done with Dyad. I learned a lot from it and have new ambitions and ideas I want to explore. I hope I never make anything like Dyad ever again ;)

That's not to say I don't love it, it's the best game I've ever played. I just want to solve new problems that I think exist in games.

Interesting. Was Dyad commercially as successful as you thought it'd be? It got some buzz when it came out on PSN but I don't know if it sold well. And now it's out on PC and I'm personally a bit disappointed by the lack of talk about it... I guess that's how it goes for late PC ports but still. I feel like it absolutely deserves the same level of cult following as Rez and kinda thought that was going to happen, especially since games like this are so damn rare.

Reese-015

Damn I love this game. Beating the Trophy levels is the shit. Sad that I'm the only one bumping this thread damn it. DYAD deserves so much more.

dugdug

Banned
Damn I love this game. Beating the Trophy levels is the shit. Sad that I'm the only one bumping this thread damn it. DYAD deserves so much more.

It's definitely one of my favorite games of this gen. Unlike anything I'd ever seen before. One of the few games where I could just completely lose myself. Really hope a soundtrack sees the light of day, sometime.

Shawn, I saw you say you're done with Dyad. Does that mean the Vita version's been cancelled? :(

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer
Vita version is working, (would need to do some stuff to polish it), but I find it really hard to play on the small screen and generally annoying.. so I don't think it's happening =(

Shaneus

Vita version is working, (would need to do some stuff to polish it), but I find it really hard to play on the small screen and generally annoying.. so I don't think it's happening =(
Damn, that's a shame to hear :( Perhaps you can see if Jeff Minter needs a hand with TXK? ;)

antitrop

That is a shame, but I do appreciate your integrity rather than dumping a sub-par product onto the market place.

Or maybe I'm just glad I don't have to buy the game a third time.
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom