• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light 2 Adds Denuvo 3 Days Before Launch

kingfey

Banned
You dont see it because theres no denuvo on consoles (aside from anti-cheat).

Point is, there would be nothing to fuck up if there was no anti-tamper to implement in the first place. Best solution. Not like it improves the game in any way.
Aside of denuvo, games for consoles don't have that much problems, compared to Pc version.

Neir automa was broken on steam for 4 years. They fixed it last year.

These type of action makes me mad at these devs.

Both games are the same. Why do consoles get the good version, while we get the bad version. Even Halo infinite had launch issues. I had problems with cutscenes for God of war and Low fps.

It seems we are destined to get the short stick.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Later than 2008 when GoG launched.
The first game is on GOG so the devs...

Season 4 Episode 408 GIF by Rick and Morty

I'll probably wait until this one is on GOG too

I'm more worried by the fact that they just implemented it so soon before release which means game testers nor reviewers did not test the games performance with it on. While Denuvo does not impact performance on medium to high end pc's if its well implemented, we have seen cases where devs just didnt bother tweaking it properly and you had a lot of stutters or random frame drops when you shouldnt.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Now that you mention it

Sure it's hard to crack, but as RE Village proved, it can cause performance issues.
I hope they remove it as soon as the game is cracked.
That was caused by Capcoms own DRM....not Denuvo.
So again people are aiming their guns at the wrong targets.

Are you actually defending DRM that has negative effects?
What the hell world are you living in?
Defending? NO.
Laughing at people who really really really need to bitch about something thats barely barely an inconvenience because you know life is just so easy Denuvo being in the game is such a problem.....but wait theres more.......I would need to go hunt down that Denuvo is in the game because I have to hunt down something to be upset about otherwise life will be just too damn easy.
People basically hunting down things to be outraged at is worse than the thing people want to be outraged at.

Denuvo affects like actually affecting performance in any real way a pretty negligible number of gamers....but guys on this forum will act like Denuvo killed their dog or that performance tanks from 60fps to 10fps....at worst its beyond what their PC could handle anyway. Fuck off.
Worse still they get on their high horse acting like they were ever going to play the PC version of the game (or the game at all) and claim ohh ive cancelled my preorder. Fuck off.
If they actually did cancel their preorder because the game has Denuvo grow the fuck up.

We might tease ERA for being overly sensitive but people here are just as bad, im surprised someone hasnt made a thread about how the third supporting character artist is a not bangable woman with an undercut and pink hair which is the reason the game is so woke, which is the reason we shouldnt be buying the game.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Denuvo: An ironic slap in the face to those of us that actually support games by buying them.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
If there is no GOG version, the next best is weirdly enough consoles disc version... at least hopefully since I don't know if it requires some login or download

rofif

Banned
You know that in 10 years there won't be consoles right?
Let's hope that's not true.
But sadly I think subscription systems and gaas will be final nail in the traditional disc game on console coffin and I don't like that

chriskun

That's a shifty move to add this DRM a few days before launch.
And how some people are be ok with Denuvo is beyond my understanding.
You want to support the game? It's ok go for it (I bought games with Denuvo too) but don't come here to say it doesn't affect performance or to laugh at people complaining/canceling their preorder.

If your game is good, it will sell, period.
Why do people always assume that a companies actions are done with zero reasoning or for no good reason rather than having the mindset that there is probably data that supports if your game has denuvo it will probably sell better? Do you have insider info, have you seen the P&L sheets? This isn’t to say that companies shouldnt be above skepticism or criticism either but how are you so certain?

fermcr

Use your head. Think logically!
Do you really think companies like Ubisoft (and others) that use Denuvo in their games, enjoy paying thousands (or more) of dollars to Denuvo Software for their protection if it wasn't worth it?

... or do you think Ubisoft use Denuvo to intentionally screw their costumers?

nkarafo

I was expecting a few posts defending DRM but damn, not so many. This thread feels like a shareholders meeting.

This is why publishers do whatever they want and get away with it.

A streaming only future where we have no control over our stuff is deserved.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I would have bought the game even if the first gameplay trailer was a 3 hours essay on how denuvo is fucking useless after 5 days from release date.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I was expecting a few posts defending DRM but damn, not so many. This thread feels like a shareholders meeting.

This is why publishers do whatever they want and get away with it.

A streaming only future where we have no control over our stuff is deserved.
Nobody is happy but i'm not gonna avoid a game that i waited for almost a decade because denuvo may or may be not have a minor impact on performances, surely not a hill where i'm gonna die.

Guilty_AI

That was caused by Capcoms own DRM....not Denuvo.
So again people are aiming their guns at the wrong targets.
Denuvo also contributed to the poor performance according to the cracker, it wasn't just capcoms own DRM

And either way, the target is all forms of intrusive DRM, if it was just capcom's or denuvo doesn't matter. What matters is that DRM in general is cancer.

Noticed in that video the pirated version is using newer Nvidia drivers with a slight up clock. Any reason why that is?

Did some digging. 466.47 may have been problematic drivers:

Even DF confirmed the cracked version runs better, so no, its not a driver issue

Last edited:

Stuart360

Well i'm going to wait for a sale then to be honest. I rarely buy Denuvo infested games, not at full price anyway.
Love the first game but sometimes you need to stand against this kind of scummy tactics (and by scummy i mean adding it right before release stealth like, when people have been buying the games for weeks).

Guilty_AI

Aside of denuvo, games for consoles don't have that much problems, compared to Pc version.

Neir automa was broken on steam for 4 years. They fixed it last year.
About NA... i actually played both versions around 6 months after launch. There were a bunch of other issues on PC like poor mouse support or some issues with AMD cards at launch.

However the main issue was poor performance (stutters and sever FPS drops) and strange resolution behaviours, which are the main problems that stuck for years (and got mostly fixed by the FAR mod), and the thing is i noticed these issues in both the ps4 and PC version. It wasn't just a poor PC port, it was a poorly developed game in general.
These type of action makes me mad at these devs.

Both games are the same. Why do consoles get the good version, while we get the bad version. Even Halo infinite had launch issues. I had problems with cutscenes for God of war and Low fps.

It seems we are destined to get the short stick.
TBF there is also the case of games running better on PC than their console counterparts (Cyberpunk 2077 and Ghostrunner come to mind). I think it comes down to the development process and the developers expertise. A lot of these poor PC ports comes from companies that are used to developing for console only.

Last edited:

Filben

That and in the fact these fuckers cut the version in my country – and said they'd region check – make me not buying it.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
You know that in 10 years there won't be consoles right?
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Sigh, some people still dont understand why people chose a gaming console over a PC..........

Last edited:

nkarafo

Nobody is happy but i'm not gonna avoid a game that i waited for almost a decade because denuvo may or may be not have a minor impact on performances, surely not a hill where i'm gonna die.
Nobody asked you to not buy the game. Just don't undermine Denuvo's negative impact on games.

rofif

Banned
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Sigh, some people still dont understand why people chose a gaming console over a PC..........
yeah this is so weird.
I have pc and I choose console gaming lol.
It's not even about price. It's convinience and "play the fucking game after work". PC's are ass. Recently extremely glorified because people are new, don't know the issues and hardship yet.... and paid 2-3k so will defend it.
I also paid like 3k for me pc... but I have too long love/hate relationship with pc gaming to blindly defend it.
But there is no winning with new pc crowds

Polelock

Wait do people still complain about Denuvo?
What year is this?!

Denuvo works, as long as companies dont piggyback too many DRMs on top it does the job and doesnt actually have the performance hit everyone thinks it has.
It shits the bed and suddenly you can't play. No thanks. That system is garbage. Put out good games and don't worry about pirating. GoW did t have denuvo and it's killing it

rofif

Banned
It shits the bed and suddenly you can't play. No thanks. That system is garbage. Put out good games and don't worry about pirating. GoW did t have denuvo and it's killing it
gow is killing it on pirate sites. All my coworkers are playing it ! None paid for it lol

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's an unpopular addition, but I understand why they would do that.

Games with Denuvo take months to crack. They want as many sales in the crucial launch window as possible, at full price.

Stuart360

It's an unpopular addition, but I understand why they would do that.

Games with Denuvo take months to crack. They want as many sales in the crucial launch window as possible, at full price.
The game has been in the Top 10 sales on Steam for about 3 weeks now, and the game, and Deluxe version, have been no.1 and no.2 for 5 days now.
The game was selling fine and people have been cancelling their pre-orders over this news, and not fake wise, i have been on the DL2 Steam forums on and of for a couple of months now and some users have lost their little icon next to their username which means they dont own the game anymore.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
If you are someone that even remotely cares about DRM harming content then don't buy this day one, if they added it last minute with no communication with the community then they also have not communicated if they will ever remove it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game has been in the Top 10 sales on Steam for about 3 weeks now, and the game, and Deluxe version, have been no.1 and no.2 for 5 days now.
The game was selling fine and people have been cancelling their pre-orders over this news, and not fake wise, i have been on the DL2 Steam forums on and of for a couple of months now and some users have lost their little icon next to their username which means they dont own the game anymore.

Most people who were gonna pre order the game were gonna get it regardless.

This is for the other, arguable majority, of people who will buy this game day 1 or 2 after seeing reviews and folks streaming the game on Twitch etc.

MikeM

I’m laughing so hard at people choosing a console experience over pc based on the addition of drm. Like can someone explain that rationale to me?
I’m not a pc player, but I saw that DF video regarding RE Village. Eesh…
Let's hope that's not true.
But sadly I think subscription systems and gaas will be final nail in the traditional disc game on console coffin and I don't like that
Not sure but i’m doing my part by buying all my games this generation on disc. I hope discs never truly go away. Locking game purchases to one console store will be terrible for all console gamers.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Nobody asked you to not buy the game. Just don't undermine Denuvo's negative impact on games.
I'm not undermining, i'm just being realistic, the impact on performance is not always big, in most case is negligible if you don't have a very old pc.

My cpu is almost 5 years old (and with stock freq)and never once i had to aim lower then i usually do with settings\res\framerate because of denuvo.

MikeM

I'm not undermining, i'm just being realistic, the impact on performance is not always big, in most case is negligible if you don't have a very old pc.

My cpu is almost 5 years old (and with stock freq)and never once i had to aim lower then i usually do with settings\res\framerate because of denuvo.
Could be that maybe you could get better fps etc without it. It would be interesting to see the impact of performance on games with DRM vs without DRM.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Effects of Denuvo aside, this one is for sure a greasy move. Something's telling me this will hurt their sales numbers more than anything else.

Top Bottom