• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dylann Roof (neo-Nazi Charleston church shooter) found guilty on all counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

celljean89

Neo Member
Using "make me a martyr" is a tactical defense against the death penalty by the defendant. He's using reverse psychology to get a life sentence instead of immediate death.

You're playing into his agenda by NOT doing want he wants.

I do not believe he really wants to die. I think he planned all of this.

Sure, but I want that fucker to suffer. Give him solitary confinement for life, make his mind rot. Death is too easy, I want him to live being mentally torture until he dies. That's sweet justice.

Not

Banned
Glad he's going to at least face some form of justice, that we can actually say in this case that black lives were found to matter. That's all I can ask at this point.

Sesha

It's more expensive because of all the appeals. In a situation like this I think it's a waste.

Appeals is only one of the factors.

Using "make me a martyr" is a tactical defense against the death penalty by the defendant. He's using reverse psychology to get a life sentence instead of immediate death.

You're playing into his agenda by NOT doing want he wants.

I do not believe he really wants to die. I think he planned all of this.

In that case he's horribly underestimating how tough prison life is, particularly for someone like him. And even more so for solitary confinement, which he is likely to be put in at least once.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
More at the link.

Jurors return to court Wednesday to begin considering whether Dylann Roof will receive the death penalty or life in prison for the 2015 massacre at a historic black church in South Carolina that left nine Bible study participants dead.

Last month, the same jury took less than two hours to find Roof guilty of all 33 federal counts against him, including hate crimes and obstruction of religion. After a three-week break over the holidays, jurors are now tasked with the ultimate fate of the 22-year-old who confessed his role in the shootings to FBI agents hours after his arrest.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Roof would never integrate back into society sadly. He seemed so damn far gone down the racist rabbit hole that I don't think he'd ever be able to rehabilitate his ways. Being a racist monster just who he seems to be at this point. I don't agree with the death penalty still but yeah this guy was never going to rejoin society.

daffy

Banned
Didn't he say he didn't regret it and would've done it again? There's literally nowhere else for him to go but in the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom