• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

Not Persona 5, that's Atlus not SCE.

He said SCEA/SCEJ are involved in some shape or form, not that they are developing it. So it could be. And its not announced for the west yet.

Anyway, reposting with my predictions:

Ok, I am bored so lets summarize this.

Full Verendus list:

- all happening except two, which are maybes;

- of those two, one might end up with Nintendo and the other with Sony;

---------- // -------------

- these are the confirmed ones:

JRPG #1 - happening, sony, well known, more soon - Level-5 JRPG?

JRPG #2 - happening, sony, well known, more soon - ?

JRPG #3 - pre-prodcution, sony, appeal to fans, announcement 2016 - ?

JRPG #4 - far away, sony, significant - ?

JRPG #5 - far away, sony, similar to something we already have - ?

FF7 spin-off - happening, not AAA, appealing

Square Enix crossover game - PS4, not Dissidia.

New Parasite Eve - happening, straightforward

Monster Hunter PS4 - happening, might be more than one game

New Naval RPG - happening, western devs, big pub, big budget

---------------- // -------------------

That leaves us with these:

New Shadow Hearts - would be my bet to be one of the two not happening. Could end up with Sony.

Final Fantasy spin-off RPG - ?

New SE console RPG IP - Possible.

Final Fantasy X spin-off - There were talks of a new X game already, there were even stuff oficially revealed as "not used" stuff for a sequel IIRC. So possible.

FF6 remake - Would be my second bet to not happening. Could end up with Nintendo on 3DS or something.

DMC5 - Possible.

New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS) - Possible.

New EA IP - Obvious.

New Ubisoft IP - Obvious.

New Prince of Persia - Possible.

New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP - Possible.

New Sega Action/Adventure IP - Possible.

New Marvel Action/Adventure title - Could be a port of Marvel Heroes?

New Soul Calibur - Possible, tere was even a pool recently.

New Rockstar IP - About time.

jayu26

I am guessing JRPG 1 and 2 are Persona and Level-5 game?
If persona was it he would have mentioned it, it is already know. The games he is talking about are not revealed. Also, SCE has nothing to do with it.
He said SCEA/SCEJ are involved in some shape or form, not that they are developing it. So it could be. And its not announced for the west yet.

Anyway, reposting with my predictions:
Yes it is.

Pennywise

Not Persona 5, that's Atlus not SCE.

Do you really think that SCEJ will develop 5 ! JRPGs, 2 which are ready to announce, while they are still developing Gravity Rush 2, TLG and more likely something else as well ?

Those are projects where Sony is involved to some degree.

Moofers

So FFVII remake is not happening? But a spin-off is? Look man, I know you said people will dig it but I read a bunch of PSM and Game Informer articles that said the same thing about Dirge of Cerberus.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
jmEMZxF.gif

Countdown Archive
45 days - Nintendo Vs. Capcom
44 days - Battletoads
43 days - Fuse 2
42 days - Mother 3
41 days - EA Sports
40 days - Gravity Rush 2
39 days - Yoshi's Woolly World
38 days - Destiny: Expansion (Comet, etc)
37 days - Watch Dog 2
36 days - Rainbow Six: Siege
35 days - Star Wars Battlefront
34 days - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
33 days - Punch Out U
32 days - Batman: Arkham Knight
31 days - Assassin's Creed Syndicate
30 days - Mad Max
29 days - Killer Instinct
28 days - F-Zero
27 days - Quantum Break
26 days - No Man's Sky
25 days - Crackdown
24 days - Fire Emblem
23 days - Mass Effect 4
22 days - Persona 5
21 days - Animal Crossing
20 days - Just Cause 3
19 days - Mirror's Edge
18 days - Xenoblade Chronicles X
17 days - Scalebound
16 days - Star Fox U
15 days - Street Fighter V
14 days - Rise of the Tomb Raider
13 days - Kingdom Hearts 3
12 days - Gears of War
11 days - Final Fantasy 15
10 days - Legend of Zelda

I know what Nintendo said about Zelda not being at this E3 but some people just don't believe it so don't look at me.

jayu26

Do you really think that SCEJ will develop 5 ! JRPGs, 2 which are ready to announce, while they are still developing Gravity Rush 2, TLG and more likely something else as well ?

Collaboration with someone other than Atlus and Level 5. There are plenty of fish in the barell.

So FFVII remake is not happening? But a spin-off is? Look man, I know you said people will dig it but I read a bunch of PSM and Game Informer articles that said the same thing about Dirge of Cerberus.

But Verendus did not add FF7 remake on the list he just made.

well he said this

I've deleted games off it that I've talked about being in development in the past

it could be also JRPG 5

JRPG5 is similar to a title that you already know about. Also, a late generation title.

He pretty much said, that we won't see the FF7 Remake for a long time and it probably will be released around the end of the gen

LuuKyK

If persona was it he would have mentioned it, it is already know. The games he is talking about are not revealed. Also, SCE has nothing to do with it.

Yes it is.

What do you mean? Persona 5? Because that's been announced for North America for more than a year now.

Wow, it was announced by Sony too, like in PSBlog or whatever? I must be super out of the loop then because I had no idea. lol

GAMERG0D

He said he removed games he's mentioned before that are in development.

I'm excited with the rest of you, but I'm pretty sure Verendus said right before that post that he won't be talking about E3 games. Indicating that none of this stuff is going to be at E3. So I hope no one's getting excited for E3 expecting this stuff...

All those JRPGs and DMC5, I can't wait to see them.

Thanks Verendus.

Wow, it was announced by Sony too, like in PSBlog or whatever? I must be super out of the loop then because I had no idea. lol

It was first announced by Atlus USA soon after the reveal and then confirmed in PSX last December.

Chobel

I assume SCE is at least publishing these games.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder if Dark Cloud 3 is going to happens in our future?

Budget pretty much. Keep that stuff to yourself though, please.

Thank you for sharing the insiders with us! It just made our ride more interesting and entertaining.

Can I ask if we'll be seeing any of those JRPGs this year? (At the very least, revealed)
Basically, I'm looking for a reason to purchase a PS4.

Just buy PS4. I have no doubts that we aren't going to be disappointed with PS4.

Yeah, I'd actually prefer a VI Remake over VII, TBH. That world deserves it.

With new Square-Enix, so I'm not sure about it.

If Zelda Wii U doesn't show up I'm sure they'll have something else for Zelda fans.

You got a good point there, but I was talking about Zelda U.

Verendus

Banned
Verendus, is Square Enix Crossover that new Dissidia game?
No. Dissidia is Dissidia. There's no need for me to obscure an announced title.

If these games get confirmed and announced, Verendus, will you actually tell us which ones you teased?
If I'm around, then sure. It's honestly straight forward though, you won't really need me to clarify.

Are all the JRPG's unannounced?
Yes.

Don't look at third party games, and you'll be able to start ticking them off when they're announced. It's not like we have another six unknown ones. This is pretty much it for this generation as it stands. I doubt we get any more off the ground. It takes a long time to get things done after all. You obviously have some third party projects too which don't have anything to do with Sony, and SE is going to win back some significant goodwill too, so there's a lot to be excited for.

mrqs

No. Dissidia is Dissidia. There's no need for me to obscure an announced title.

If I'm around, then sure. It's honestly straight forward though, you won't really need me to clarify.

Yes.

Don't look at third party games, and you'll be able to start ticking them off when they're announced. It's not like we have another six unknown ones. This is pretty much it for this generation as it stands. I doubt we get any more off the ground. It takes a long time to get things done after all. You obviously have some third party projects too which don't have anything to do with Sony, and SE is going to win back some significant goodwill too, so there's a lot to be excited for.

How can we trust you at all? Have you given any kind of information to support your claims?

Jomjom

Banned

Damn that's all we're getting for the rest of the generation??? =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom