• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripOpt55

I am hoping to see a good bit more on Mirror's Edge (2). The first is one of my favorite games, but moving to an open-world seems like it could really be problematic. Of all the games I'm really excited for, it is the one that I am the most unsure of how it will turn out.

Lunar15

Don't see this being as surprising of a year as last year. It'll be a solid year though, with a lot of looks at games we already know about.

I have a feeling we'll see Metroid show up in some form or another, most likely not in the way most people want (as in, made by Retro).

Hopefully we can start coming down out of the "Unnanounced Project" phase and into real, honest concepts for most of the stuff shown at last year's conference. Lookin' at you EA!

Salex_

Sony's Conference:

- 2 hours long
- poorly paced
- 30 minutes on indies
- the middle part will be boring as shit
- game reels/other things that aren't interesting
- some neat game reveals

But I'll watch it anyway because of the possibility of a FFXV/KH3 trailer.

The longest they spent on indie games was...less than 5 minutes. And that's when they brought out the creators to announce and talk about their games at E3 2013. Last year they spent less than 2 minutes showing a trailer of indie games.

Why are people being history revisionists and over-exaggerating about the lengths?

HeelPower

Its really hard for me to think anything of E3 2015.

Witcher 3 and Bloodborne will be out by then and I feel statisfied with what I've seen of FFXV.I don't feel a burning sensation for this E3!!!

Well I'd love to see the new Hitman and RE7 ,but I'd be ok if they are never shown.

I'd be happy to know Persona 5's release date in a nice meaty trailer at Sony's conference.

Cyberpunk 2077 pls

I completely forgot about this. I'm hoping this gets shown at least a little bit.

In regards to SIlent Hills I feel like it all depends on how much Konami pushes Metal Gear this e3, especially given whenever its release date is. Resident Evil 7 is most likely a given with Revelations 2 being out before e3.

Final Fantasy XV is most definitely gonna show up in some form given its demo having been released just months earlier. I'm doubtful for a release date but a trailer seems more likely to happen. I don't know if Kingdom Hearts 3 will show up but now with all but DDD having been re-released in HD remixes I feel like Square will want the series to have some presence.

SONY

• Guerilla Game reveals Horizon
  • Sony Bend revealing their new Horror Game
  • Sony Japan announcing Gravit Rush Bundle for Ps4 (1&2)
  • The Last Guardian reveal with new Name
  • Uncharted 4 Demo / Graphical Jump from the first demo
  • Ratchet & Clank Demo - new Trailer
  • Gran Turismo 7 Teaser
  • Dragon Quest Heroes confirmed for West - English Trailer
  • Presenting Morpheus with some App + Game --> Release Date + Price
  • Talking about PS Now and its future
  • Ignoring the Vita
  • A new Ps3 Price -> 149.99 $
  • Talking about Apps - Sony Music (Spotify) Pictures and so on
  • Revealing the Level 5 exclusive Game
  • Showing Trailers of Third Party Games like Batman, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts,
  • Media Molecule revealing their new Game (Morpheus)

There is no Order, sry

MS
Whatever Rare is cooking up
More Halo 5 stuff.
HOPEFULLY Crackdown stuff
More talk of Xbox One and Windows 10 compatibility.
Forza 6 is a given.

Sony
I really don't know. Everything that has been talked about comes out before E3 or got a demo at PSX. I doubt they will show Uncharted 4 again to the degree that they already showed, unless they drastically changed something. PS+ talking points, and maybe Gran Turismo 7

Indie games are a given though. More Street Fighter 5 stuff? Day of the Tentacle? I dunno about pinpoint specific games.

Nintendo
I hope Nintendo continues their Treehouse @ E3 program. I found that approach to be a lot more interesting then the standard stage shows.

Nintendo's Known Games
+ Xenoblade Chronicles X release date in North America (August).
+ Yoshi's Wooly World release date in North America (September).
+ Star Fox U release date in North America (October).
+ Fire Emblem if release date in North America (October).
+ Zelda U release date in North America (November).
+ Mario Maker release date in North America (December).
+ SMT X Fire Emblem teased, no release date set.

Nintendo's New Localizations
+ Yo-kai Watch localization, release date set for Holiday 2015.
+ Bravely Second: End Layer localization, release date set for 2016.

Nintendo's New Games/Surprises
+ QoL presentation/demonstration.
+ Animal Crossing U announced, release date set for 2016.
+ Metroid (new3DS exclusive) announced, release date set for 2016.
+ No GameCube virtual console. Instead, we will see at least one announcement for an HD remake of a GameCube-era title. The title will be from an established Nintendo franchise.
Most of this. Although I feel like Star Fox will be before October.

EA
SPORTS
Hoping to God, Mirror's Edge 2 stuff
Mass Effect probably.
Long shot: Burnout coming back.

Ubisoft
The Division
New Ubiart game
Assassin's Creed Victory shown
New IP that involves towers and revealing shit or Watch Dogs 2 or something in that vain.
A new Raving Rabbids game?
A New Kinect game probably, just because.

AniHawk

The longest they spent on indie games was...less than 5 minutes. And that's when they brought out the creators to announce and talk about their games at E3 2013. Last year they spent less than 2 minutes showing a trailer of indie games.

Why are people being history revisionists and over-exaggerating about the lengths?

because when your conference lasts over 100 minutes, time slows down and everything seems to take longer.

this is an ongoing problem of theirs. playstation experience was over two hours long for no real good reason.

legacyzero

Banned
I feel Microsoft hasn't done anything notable for me to want an Xbox ONE. I'm really hoping they change that this year.

Crackdown 3 sure cuts deep, but I cant see myself buying it just for one game. Show me the good stuff, Microsoft. I believe in Spencer.

There's already a countdown timer for E3, lol. Can't help but laugh at that. I'm excited as the next guy, but come on!

NoFunAllowed.jpg

*File size = 36 gb

Wace

Do we really think the PS4 can drive No Man's Sky at 85+ FPS on two screens? Or conversely, how much uglier would NMS have to be TO run at that speed?

Prototype had two 960x1080 screens, so it's just one 1080p game. Why not? Actually NMS doesn't seem to be extremely beautiful or visually complex. And at least one part of the gameplay - flightsim - will benefit greatly from VR.

Hell, I can even imagine "immersive gameplay" with Morpheus active in flight only. "Fasten your seatbelts, close canopy, PUT THE HELMET ON" kind of thing.

LuuKyK

MS
Whatever Rare is cooking up
More Halo 5 stuff.
HOPEFULLY Crackdown stuff
More talk of Xbox One and Windows 10 compatibility.
Forza 6 is a given.

Sony
I really don't know. Everything that has been talked about comes out before E3 or got a demo at PSX. I doubt they will show Uncharted 4 again to the degree that they already showed, unless they drastically changed something. PS+ talking points, and maybe Gran Turismo 7

Indie games are a given though. More Street Fighter 5 stuff? Day of the Tentacle? I dunno about pinpoint specific games.

Nintendo

Most of this. Although I feel like Star Fox will be before October.

EA
SPORTS
Hoping to God, Mirror's Edge 2 stuff
Mass Effect probably.
Long shot: Burnout coming back.

Ubisoft
The Division
New Ubiart game
Assassin's Creed Victory shown
New IP that involves towers and revealing shit or Watch Dogs 2 or something in that vain.

lol @ the notion that Sony is not going to show their flagship title of the year (from which we only got a single full trailer and no release date) in their conference.

Keep in mind that Sony has announced nothing past 2015 yet. And the only announced game really that hasn't been shown extensively is Ratchet and Clank So I'd expect a good amount of new game announcements.

Microsoft on the other hand has already announced a lot of stuff thats far off in 2016 i.e. Scalebound, Phantom Dust, Crackdown. So I'm expecting gameplay reveals and demos but not many announcements.

legacyzero

Banned
Do we really think the PS4 can drive No Man's Sky at 85+ FPS on two screens? Or conversely, how much uglier would NMS have to be TO run at that speed?

Something Morpheus related does seem likely though.

Wat.....

According the Sean and Hello, the game is still kinda up in the air if it'll even be a locked 60, much less an odd number like 85.

A couple of random ones.
Final Fantasy XV release date announced as early 2016.
Xenoblade X announced as a September release for the west.
Sony announces they are bringing Dragons Dogma Online to the west.
Super Mario Galaxy HD
Tekken 7 is coming to consoles this holiday.

Arcade console ports announced
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PS4, possibly also Xbone)2016
Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale (PS4, Xbone, is next year's DBZ game)early 2016
Pokken (Wii U) early 2016

Any particular reason it needs to be 85+ FPS?

I'm assuming Sony will follow Oculus' example and go with a low-persistence, high refresh screen on the Morpheus. The higher refresh is one of the keys to real immersion, and a low framerate I believe is one of the causes of nausea that some people experience in VR.

Prototype had two 960x1080 screens, so it's just one 1080p game. Why not? Actually NMS doesn't seem to be extremely beautiful or visually complex. And at least one part of the gameplay - flightsim - will benefit greatly from VR.

Hell, I can even imagine "immersive gameplay" with Morpheus active in flight only. "Fasten your seatbelts, close canopy, PUT THE HELMET ON" kind of thing.

If the final Morpheus screens are that resolution, then stereoscopic 85+ FPS seems a little more likely. I'm sure it will take a bit of a graphics hit though (maybe just to draw distance).

TM94

EA

-Mass Effect will be properly shown off. Microsoft might get the prize of revealing it in their conference but here it will be demoed. It looks awesome.
-Mirror's Edge will get a throwaway trailer. Basically DICE doesn't care about this until Battlefront is out so here's another vague trailer not showing you anything of note.
-Battlefront Battlefront Battlefront. Would not be surprised if it kicks off the conference, they're going to go on and on about this. Might talk about future DLC plans to sour the mood somewhat. Live demo too.
-Visceral Games Star Wars teaser
-Cringeworthy celebrity appearances
-Dragon Age DLC
-Titan Fall 2 announcement to close. Multi-plat obviously.

Ubisoft

-Rainbow Six is here, showing off the campaign. Out late 2015.
-The Division demo, supposedly out late 2015. Will get delayed.
-Assassin's Creed Victory reveals Jack the Ripper's a Templar
-Aisha Tyler will unfortunately host again
-Prince of Persia will not be at the show.
-Maybe a Far Cry Blood Dragon spin-off on 4.
-Watch Dogs 2 teaser closes the conference

Bethesda
-Evil Within DLC
-Elder Scrolls Online expansion
-DOOM trailer
-Dishonored 2 reveal trailer
-Fallout 4 reveal trailer
-Prey 2 re-imagining

Microsoft

-Call of Duty opens the show. It's Vietnam. Treyarch. Timed DLC exclusivity duh.
-Phil Spencer wears Indie studio shirt.
-Battletoads available to download as soon as the conference is over.
-Fable Legends demoed. Releases in the holidays.
- Fable IV is also being worked on.
-Phantom Dust. Releases early 2016.
-Mass Effect reveal. DLC exclusivity.
-Indie montage led by 'Inside'. Day Z coming to Xbox One too.
-Banjo Kazooie coming out 2016.
-Short gameplay trailer for Crackdown. No indication of release date.
-Sam Lake demos Quantum Break .Delayed till March 2016
-Rise of the Tomb Raider new cinematic trailer.
-Halo 5 closes the show with a campaign demo.
-But it doesn't, the Gears of War 4 teaser does

Sony

-Uncharted 4 co-op. Definite 2015 release.
-Syphon Filter reboot.
-Grand Turismo 7 revealed with trailer. No indication of release date
-Quantic Dream show their new title.
-Monument Valley on the Vita
-No Man's Sky in-depth presentation. Not coming out this year.
-Bloodborne DLC
-Sony Bend's open-world horror shown off.
-Guerrilla games new IP gets a trailer.
-Metal Gear Solid V demo. Release date confirmed. Exclusive content.
-Ratchet and Clank Redux trailer. Out 2015. Insomniac's last R&C game.
-Media Molecule new project. Out next year
-God of War teaser ends the show. Egyptian Mythology. Hell yeah. 2016.

RK128

My bets are the following:

Sony:
-Ratchet PS4 will be shown off with a fall release date attached to it; Future Series + Into the Nexus Collection coming to PS4 with 1080p/60FPS, launches when the film does (July or August)
-Uncharted 4 Trailer and Demo; Fall Release date
-God of War PS4 announced; coming March 2016 and a HD Collection of God of War Saga + Assention coming Fall 2015 with 1080p/60FPS alongside a demo for God of War PS4
-Oshoka gets a fall release date, Killzone Mercenary ported to PS4 on PSN, Soul Sacrifice Delta ported to PS4 (...Sony hates the Vita, so why not :().
-Sony announces new Sonic tittle for 2016; based of upcoming film and it has gameplay similar to Modern Sonic's levels from Generations/Unleashed/Colors (they are making the film, so a little cross-promotion is reasonable :))
-Ico Collection announced for Vita
-Surprise PS1 IP gets revived for PS3/PS4/Vita (Ape Escape, Crash or Parappa the Rapper)

Nintendo:
-Zelda U gets a expansive demo, fall release date; Amibo support announced for the game (Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Shiek, and Gannondorf amibo have some purpose for the game; each grants Link tools for building weapons ala rewards Ambio's currently have for Hyrule Warriors
-Nintendo Announces Amibo centric tittle; all available Amibo works with the game and it is a hybrid of Skylanders and Mario 64; 3D platformer with each character having a unique skill (each character has an exclusive 'star' to collect while also having a level build around them ala Disney Infinity)
-SMT X FE comes back to life! The game is shown off being a successful hybrid of the two series and is on track for a 2016 relase
-Pikmin 4 is announced; summer 2015 tittle (August like Pikmin 3)
-Smash DLC is announced; works exactly how Mario Karts works. Three packs costing 8 bucks appeace with each pack having the following: Two characters, four stages (two retro stages, two new ones), 8 new songs (3-4 new, 4 old) and a wave of costumes for existing characters. First pack contains Mewtwo (for those who did not use the CN way of getting him) and Rayman (common, fake or not, it is the most likely third party rep after Snake or Simon Belmont).
-New 3DS gets two more exclusive games; Mario Sunshine 3D (fall 2015) and Zelda Twilight Princess 3D (2016). The former gets gameplay refinements based on Galaxy and 3D Land/World while the latter gets all the features OoT/MM3D had alongside refined visuals.
-Pokemon Z is announced; features from both X/Y and OR/AS are in the game
-Xenoblade X gets a fall release date for NA/EU (coming before Zelda)
-Star Fox shown off; mix between 64 and the two other demos Myamotto showed off last E3.
-Splatoon gets a season pass; explained at E3 if the game is out by then or latter if it comes out around E3. Works like Hyrule Warriors.

Microsoft:
-Sunset Overdrive sequel gets announced
-Ori gets shown off (if not out yet)
-Halo 5 shown off (Fall 2015)
-Tomb Raider 2 shown off (Fall 2015)
-Platnum X1 Tittle shown off (on stage demo); Spring 2016
-Rare does something! Battletoads coming August 2015 (HD Remake of the original made by the team behind the Banjo and Perfect Dark 360 ports) and Conker's Other Bad Fur Day announced (2016) with a on-stage demo of the games opening
-Crackdown X1 shown off
-Quantam Break shown off again; 2015 release date
-Indie games shown off; announce the end of stupid polices in place (meaning more indies can come to the platform)
-Price drop to 300 this fall; Halo and Tomb Raider bundles for 350

Qurupeke

I wonder what Nintendo will announce. If I'm not mistaken, there are only a few games coming the last half of the year, for both of their systems. But they usually announce stuff that comes the same year... We have X, StarFox and Zelda being main driving forces but I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a new 3D Mario game.

Philippo

SONY

General
Sales ("PS4 has sold a bazillion" etc.)
PsPlus numbers and new offers
50$ price cut for PS4, 30 for Vita

Tech
PsNow
Morpheus official name + info (new and older titles compatibility: Destiny, BF, Thief, NMS, The Witness; no date and prices)

1st party
Until Dawn Trailer
Uncharted 4 Live Demo + Release Date
Kill Strain Trailer + Beta date
Sony London Morpheus Ips (1 hardcore, 1 family friendly)
Horizon Reveal
Bend IP Reveal (FP horror game, morpheus support at GC)

Indie
No Man's Sky Trailer + Release Date
The Witness release date
Everybody Gone to Rapture Trailer
Rime Trailer + Release date
Shadow of the Beast trailer
Moar indie

3rd party
(western)
Destiny Expansions
Ratchet&Clank Trailer + Release Date
Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
Watch_Dogs 2 Live Demo
Mirror's Edge Trailer
Rockstar Megaton (Agent? RDR?) + GTAV Story DLC
(japanese)
Persona 5 Trailer + USA Release Date (Fall 2015)
Deep Down + Beta (Fall 2015)
Street Fighter V 4 new Characters revealed + live match + Release Window (SPring 2016)
Final Fantasy XV Trailer + Release Window (SPring 2016)
Silent Hills (PS4 collab., 2016)
Level 5 IP Reveal

Sony

- MediaMolecule's long-gestating project finally unveiled, is completely bonkers.
- Guerilla's new game Horizon announced.
- No sight nor sound of David Jaffe's new game, 'cos it looks rubbish.
- A more gameplay-based trailer for Persona 5, complete with release window.
- The usual fluff from Ubisoft and Activision shovelled out, in order to keep the bigwig third parties happy and partnerships strong. Exclusive DLC content and all that eye-rolling shite.
- That new horror game Sony Bend is supposedly working on.
- Release date given for Final Fantasy XV, comes out Q2 next year. A possible appearance from Kingdom Hearts 3.
- Obligatory indie segment, people will moan about it.
- BuildingTheList segment returns, Shenmue HD Collection is the new game given. Yes, this will happen and it will be amazing.
- Someone from Level-5 walks on stage, announces Ni no Kuni 2.
- Gravity Rush 2 officially announced, is a PS4/Vita game, I cry tears of joy.
- New gameplay footage of Uncharted 4, takes place in a location far removed from the jungle. Possibly an urban locale. Sully appears. Release date given.
- Conference finishes on a re-revealing of The Last Guardian. Ueda walks on stage, presents trailer for what is now a PS4 game, creates mass hysteria. No this isn't fan-fiction.

And that's what'll happen.

Screenboy

Red Dead Redemption 2 - PS4/XBONE
Smash Bros DLC in the same vein as Mario Kart 8 (ie. Good content)
Metroid - Wii U
Animal Crossing - Wii U
Pokémon Snap - Wii U
Gran Tourismo 7 - PS4
Super Mario Allstars 2 (Mario 64/Galaxy/Galaxy 2/3D Land/World) using Super Mario 3D World engine - Wii U
Cell Shaded Zelda (WW Style) game - 3DS

Micken

Banned
Nintendo... Obviously Zelda U blowout, hopefully with some sort of eShop demo (in fact, I'd love eShop demos for all the games they show). There's gotta be a new Metroid... I'm actually kinda hoping it'll be New 3DS exclusive, so I'll have an excuse to get one. :p Other than that, I really don't know... Something else new would be awesome, but I don't know if they can do that twice in a row. :p

Sony

- BuildingTheList segment returns, Shenmue HD Collection is the new game given. Yes, this will happen and it will be amazing.
tumblr_m3bzc40g2o1r1awtfo1_250.gif

-Fallout 4 gets announced and has a fall/winter 2015 release date.

-Halo 5 has a September 2015 release date

-new SSX game debuts at EA conference , no release date

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think this is the year we get Animal Crossing Wii U.

And it will be glorious.

Under a new name.
The First Guardian
new trilogy incoming

But seriously...
I'd like to see GG's new game
I'd like Valve to stop stroking it's pork and go ahead and do something with HL3
I'd like some in-depth coverage of Zelda U
and finally, king of all... GT7 (please please please, more than just a teaser)

how could i forget Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 4!

DataGhost

Bethesda finally has a stall.
Cue Fallout 4 and Elders Scroll 6

Hoping SMTxFE will finally get some news now that persona 5 has enough information out.

m360

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance 2 Teaser
Silent Hills Trailer
Gearbox Surpising Announcement - like Duke Reboot
Hitman Trailer
Rare Game Reveal: Perfect Dark Reboot
New Vita Killzone Reveal

Microsoft:
I expect MS to do something similar to what they did last year, and have a few big announcements throughout May, leading up to E3. The three big titles announced at last years E3 will get move coverage this year, and at the very least, release windows. I don't know in what order, but for the 3 I'm expecting Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Fall 2016 for those titles.
Scalebound - gameplay
Phanton Dust - gameplay
Crackdown - gameplay
Gears of War Collection - announcement and gameplay - Spring 2016
Gears of War 4 - announcement trailer - fall 2016
Halo 5 - Big gameplay and release date reveal.
Quantum Break - gameplay and release date reveal (if not already known at this point)
Rise of the Tomb Raider - gameplay and release date reveal.
Battletoads - announcement. $20 digital title. Summer 2015
Mass Effect 4 - announcement. Spring 2016. Not sure if this will be at MS or EA, but Bioware/MS seem to have a pretty good relationship.
New 1st party IP
Indie showcase
3rd Party: Fallout 4 or DOOM, CoD, the Division
Cyberpunk 2077

Sony:
No price drop or new model on PS4
No Last Guardian (if it even exists anymore)
GG new game - 2016
Uncharted 4 - demoed at 1080p/30, with *possibility* at launch
Persona 5
Street Fighter 5 - fall 2016
Morpheus
No Man's Sky - fall 2015
Lots of indies
5 minutes for Vita
Silent Hills - fall 2016
Sony Bend game reveal
God of War 4 - reveal fall 2016
The Witness - summer 2015
Media Molecule - new game announced
Quantic Dream - new game announced
EA Access coming to PS4
Mirror's Edge
1 new 1st Party IP not mentioned above
Dishonored 2

EA:
Mass Effect 4
New Bioware IP
Amy Hennig Star Wars game
Battlefront
Dragon Age DLC
Criterion game that was shown last year
Need for Speed - Podracer

Ubisoft:
Division
Rainbow Six: Siege
AC: Victory
Just Dance 2015
Beyond Good and Evil 2 (final WOW game)

Bethesda:
DOOM
Fallout 4
Dishonored 2

Nintendo:
Zelda
Metroid
Star Fox
Crazy new Nintendo game

I also think that Thatgamecompany's new game will be shown, likely at Sony, but I could see MS trying to grab it to turn some heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom