• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 general hype, hope, speculation and rumours |OT|

Tallahassee

sC6aSP9.jpg

ShaikhCroft

• Grand Theft Auto V for next-gen consoles
  • Cloud Chamber's open-world BioShock game
  • Ghost Story Games' new IP (aka Ken Levine's game)
  • Hangar 13's new open-world IP
  • 31st Union's new multiplayer IP
  • Sumo Digital's new game
  • OlliOlli World and other indie titles from Private Division
They have plenty of potential announcements to choose from.
Mafia 4 would be great.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
TLOU 2 Remastered
God of War Ragnorok
Some New AAAA IP. Mature. Story driven. Single Player. High production values. Looks Next Gen.

im good

SinDelta

Hopes - I have a lot.

Nintendo
Breath of the Wild 2
Release date for NEO the World Ends With you
Super Virtual console with everything from NES to 3DS/Wii U.
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver/Black/White ports for Switch
Xenoblade 3
Xenoblade X Port for Switch
Golden Sun ports to Switch

Sony
Horizon Forbidden West info and release date
Final Fantasy XVI info
God of War Ragnarok
Chrono Trigger Remake

Atlas
Vanilaware
Persona 3: FES remaster for Steam
Persona 5: Royal for Steam
Dragons Crown Pro for Steam
Odin's Sphere Leuftraiser for Steam
13 Sentinals Ageis Rim for Steam
Muramasa: The Demon Blade remaster for PS4/5 at least
Vanilawares next project reveal

Square
Dragon Quest XII reveal

Capcom
Dragons Dogma 2 reveal

Sega
Total Warhammer 3 info
Skies of Arcadia Remake and Steam release

Microsoft
Age of Empires IV info
Fable
Interesting and good looking RPGs

Ubisoft
Skull and Bones reworked into a single player pirate adventure building off of Blackflag.

Bethesda
Starfield reveal and info
Elder Scrolls VI teaser

Misc
Elden Ring
Hogwarts Legacy info
Ace Combat 8 Reveal
Tales of Arise info
Battle for Middle Earth 1/2 remasters
Age of Mythology Definitive Edition
Rise of Nations/Legends Definitive Editions

Last edited:

Starfield

Xbox Gameshow: Phil Spencer thanks everyone for tuning in, holds monologue (like he always does), "have a great E3". Lights go out suddenly. Everything black...until stars start to twinkle all over the screen. A floodlight appears, in it legendary game developer Todd Howard. "oh hi!, How the hell did I get here? Well if I'm already here then how about I show you what we've been working on for the past 6 years!"

Starfield

oh and if you still haven't guessed.
Starfield will be shown this summer.

H4AEORh.png

Last edited:
My uncle was a janitor at a Gamestop and he filled me in on what's going on. At least one of these is potentially accurate.

Nintendo
- Breath of the Wild sequel - release set for this holiday season.
- New Smash character reveal, Pink Gold Peach. Waluigi tennis racket and Geno's wand items also added to the roster.
- New Monolith Soft game - release in 2022 (I can dream)
- Bayonetta 3 - release set for this year (otherwise I'm calling it cancelled)
- Probably not Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero or Starfox.

Xbox
- Halo Infinite which they will show in 120fps, but nobody will see the live stream at 120fps so people will poo-poo the graphics in still gameplay screen grabs while ignoring that their favorite game also looks that way when scree-grabbed during gameplay
- Typical snazzy Forza Horizon 5 trailer set in Mexico running migrants up to the US border - release set for this fall
- Forza Motorsport gameplay shown with trailer featuring a bunch of shitty NPCs wandering around aimlessly doing random things that don't happen at race tracks and hopefully some gameplay demonstrating why the game has already taken over four years.
- Starfield shown - release set for early 2022 (I'd love to see 2021 but with recent events putting the brakes on everything I'd be happy with 2022), announced as PC/Xbox exclusive causing meltdowns and death threats, or, announced as full multi-plat causing meltdowns. I'm good with either.
- Something from Arkane, hopefully Prey 2 because Prey left on a pretty big cliffhanger and I like Sci-fi despite the entertainment industry's best efforts to ruin it all.
- Everwild gameplay shown followed with a Rare employee explaining that they still have no idea what it is - release set for 2022
- Fable trailer showing something indicating it's well into development and not a CG trailer with a fairy getting devoured that will become weird vore fap material for 4chan - release in late 2023
- Metal Gear franchise acquisition announcement with Kojima at the helm causing meltdowns. The first game will be a complete reboot causing even more meltdowns.
- Sega acquisition the day after E3 ends (because it's a Wednesday)

Ubisoft
- Shit I don't care about and woke garbage so nobody me-too's their senior management any more. Are any of the old guys still there?

Take-Two
- GTA announced as simply "Grand Theft Auto" , a GAAS always-online game that will be on the market for at least a decade because holy shit did that work out well for GTA Online.

Sega
- Dreamcast games all coming to Xbox BC with full 4K resolution, auto HDR and framerate upgrades to 120fps. You will be able to use your physical games.
- Sonic '06 remastered

Corgi1985

Banned
Hype for anything that isn't a 3rd person cinematic game with ledge grabbing or a loot game, so there might be 1-2 things.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There is a plus side to a digital event.

There should be less time on transition sequences as there wont be people moving on and off the stage, hopefully no weird music bits or performances either.

Just 100% people introducing games, and when it's done it goes quickly to the next game. I'm assuming the game companies are going to pre-record and edit the scenes instead of live performances.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
E3 needs master Chief, Sony turning to AAA and the entire gaming world knows Nintendo has to see next gen hardware.

supernova8

Banned
I'm not hyped at all since I can already picture the flood of meaningless CGI reveals that tell us absolutely nothing about a game.

If you consider that consoles are still hard to come by, why would platform holders and publishers release their big guns?

Hoping for the Halo floodgates to open full tilt, dam bursting even. What should have been last year *cross fingers, legs, arms, eyes, proton streams* arrives this year and we get a look into all facets of the game. No teasing, no delays and everything it should have been out in the wild.

Gimme some gameplay for Perfect Dark.

Throw Starfield in my face.

Everwild you beautiful Rare thing...

Yep, getting hyped. GAF should be nice and busy this E3 too, a welcome back of sorts.

Something from Respawn outside of Apex would be popping my cherry on top.

Some smaller studio titles coming to fruition would be nice e.g. Shedders, Exo One.

Top Bottom