• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 general hype, hope, speculation and rumours |OT|

Yoda

With the trend of companies preferring their own announcements instead of getting lost in the sea of E3 annoucements, do people really think we'll get much this year in terms of AAA blockbuster titles (Starfield, Zelda, etc...)? Personally I'd love to see Elden Ring gameplay, but I'm not holding my breath.

With the trend of companies preferring their own announcements instead of getting lost in the sea of E3 annoucements, do people really think we'll get much this year in terms of AAA blockbuster titles (Starfield, Zelda, etc...)? Personally I'd love to see Elden Ring gameplay, but I'm not holding my breath.
Most of the major publishers are at E3, in fact it's actually much more than most expected, more major titles will be premiered here than at any point through the year I'd wager.

Astral Dog

im hoping that Nintendo steals the show 🤞 they need this one to show them games. its been awhile since a big Switch reveal happened, MHR and BotW2 were the last ones

Calverz

These are my real hopes and dreams:

Calisto Protocol
Dead Space
Perfect Dark

Nintendo Switch Pro
BOTW2
ANYTHING Metroid
foxtv GIF by The Resident on FOX

yurinka

😅 You are one of a kind 😄 you take time to do a showcase breakdown while sneaking in little jabs at Xbox 🙄
Well, that was what I think it's the best -realistic- conference MS could do (plus the typical multiplatform game with marketing deal reveals). It would be a great conference. Many great games, focusing mostly on the ones to be released soon and showing gameplay over relying on announcement CGs/in-engine cutscenes running on NASA PCs of games to be released 4-5+ years in the future.

I think that now they finally have a big 1st party team line-up that soon is going to start to release big games pretty frequently, in the following years they will do like Sony: to focus their events on mostly games to be released on the next year or so, and to focus on real gameplay and cutscenes running on the console over CGs and in-engine cutscenes running on NASA PCs.

...Or the nice looking Minecraft update for series X that seems to have vanished.

Would like more BC games too.

Feels like raytracing things are being held back across the board with the Series S/X e.g. Halo post launch update, Minecraft HD missing etc. I wonder if there is something in the platform software libraries just not up to standard yet or enough time for devs to work with it etc.

I used to be excited for E3 , now my hornyness is gone, probably cause Sony isn't there , Nintendo is my only hope, it will probably make me decide to keep or sell my switch and games.

This is always my favorite time of the year. We get in depth looks at games due to be released during the busy holiday season and get teased on what's to come in the next couple of years. To me, E3 is a celebration of gaming. Am I hyped? You bet your ass I am. I suspect Xbox is going to announce some new acquisition (SEGA finally?) and will have an awesome Halo Infinite re-reveal. Nintendo is finally going to show us the goods on the Switch Pro and it will run current switch titles much smoother in docked mode (no stutter in Link's Awakening?!). Sony will have a small presence by way of 3rd party developers but that's fine. There are plenty of other things to keep the excitement going all week. LFG!

Hyped for E3, always love it, warts and all. Absolutely cannot stand all these separate digital events everyone and their mother has been putting on the last year, with the exception of a small few (mostly the Sony/MS ones) they've all been complete wastes of time in my book.

At the very least we should get a good crowbcat vid out of it, as always.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I just realized that we havent seen Suicide Squad or Elden Rings yet. those should be good showings.

Would like to see FF16 gameplay, Harry Potter gameplay, that Team Ninja FF souls game and some MGS remakes. TBH, i dont care if Sonys doing them or Microsoft. i need me some MGS.

Frankly, this E3 has the chance to become a legendary E3 for all companies. I really hope they all deliver after staying silent for years.

Astral Dog

Splatoon is a huge franchise, makes sense Nintendo would end a Direct with one of their heavy hitters.
Its big yes, but zero hype for me 🤭 the Switch already having a Splatoon game makes it not as exciting, and its not like thosw games have epic narratives.

However, E3 should be more exciting! could be Metroid, BotW2, Donkey Kong,Bayo3...

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Here are the most realistic predictions I could think of. I'm sure at least half will turn out correctly!

Microsoft
ESVI
Starfield
Halo
Forza
Fable
Perfect Dark

Announces the purchase of another massive publisher (somebody like Capcom)

The Megaton: Announces it has made a deal with every publisher for all games to be released on Gamepass day one. If you're an Xbox or PC owner with Gamepass, you'll now never have to buy another game again.

New customer program: Xbox consoles are slashed in price and they now come with six months of Gamepass free.

Nintendo
Switch Pro! Coming out late 2021
Metroid Prime 4
New 3D Mario game
BOTW 2
New IP
Splatoon 3
Dark Souls 2/3
Return of the VC! Now every single game ever released will be able to play on the Switch and Switch Pro!

Sony (I know they won't be at E3)

God of War
Forbidden West
Resistance trilogy remaster for PS5
New Killzone
New IP (massive RPG project)
announces Bluepoint and House marquee are now part of Sony
MGS saga remaster
New MGS game exclusive to PS
Silent Hill

Massive PS Now update. Now all Sony first Perry titles are on PS Now from day one.

PSVR 2 to be released in 2022.

Kev Kev

Here are the most realistic predictions I could think of. I'm sure at least half will turn out correctly!

Microsoft
ESVI
Starfield
Halo
Forza
Fable
Perfect Dark

The Megaton: Announces it has made a deal with every publisher for all games to be released on Gamepass day one. If you're an Xbox or PC owner with Gamepass, you'll now never have to buy another game again.

New customer program: Xbox consoles are slashed in price and they now come with six months of Gamepass free.

Nintendo
Metroid Prime 4
New 3D Mario game
BOTW 2
New IP
Splatoon 3
Dark Souls 2/3
Return of the VC! Now every single game ever released will be able to play on the Switch and Switch Pro!

God of War
Forbidden West
New Killzone
MGS saga remaster
Silent Hill

Massive PS Now update. Now all Sony first Perry titles are on PS Now from day one.

dude if we get ESVI, MGS or PSVR2 news im going to flip my desk in excitement

oldergamer

Microsoft
ESVI
Starfield
Halo
Forza
Fable
Perfect Dark

Nintendo
Metroid Prime 4
New 3D Mario game
BOTW 2
New IP
Splatoon 3
Dark Souls 2/3

God of War
Forbidden West
New Killzone
MGS saga remaster
Silent Hill

These items are not a realistic prediction:

Woopah

Its big yes, but zero hype for me 🤭 the Switch already having a Splatoon game makes it not as exciting, and its not like thosw games have epic narratives.

However, E3 should be more exciting! could be Metroid, BotW2, Donkey Kong,Bayo3...
Oh sure, personal taste will always play a part. For example, I have way more interest in Ori than Forza but I know Forza is a far bigger franchise.

If Starfield is coming out late next year, I wouldn’t be surprised if a Fallout 3 or New Vegas remaster for next gen and PC came out this year. MS has been oddly mentioning Fallout a lot recently regarding the Bethesda acquisition despite a true sequel not releasing likely until ~10 years from now.

Microsoft
ESVI
Starfield
Halo
Forza
Fable
Perfect Dark

Nintendo
Metroid Prime 4
New 3D Mario game
BOTW 2
New IP
Splatoon 3
Dark Souls 2/3

God of War
Forbidden West
New Killzone
MGS saga remaster
Silent Hill

That would require a massive increase in monthly cost. PS gamers have been calling gamepass unsustainable at £12 per month. How would PS now do that at half the price.

Less than two weeks, folks! Give me Starfield, that rumoured Vampire games from Arkane, and any goodies from Square and Capcom. Let's go!

PooBone

Hope: Silent Hill announcement, Perfect Dark and/or Fable footage from Microsoft,
Hype: Just gimme release dates for Halo and Psychonauts, I'll be pleased.
Speculation: There will be an announcement regarding Kojima, and it won't be a new game. Speaking of Kojima, a PS5-exclusive, Bluepoint-made remake of Metal Gear Solid will get announced.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That would require a massive increase in monthly cost. PS gamers have been calling gamepass unsustainable at £12 per month. How would PS now do that at half the price.

Do you mean the Gamepass prediction and the PS now predictions? I'll assume both so will explain.

Microsoft.

Have pockets deeper than a Wizards sleeves. They could not only afford to do a deal to make every game ever released to come to Gamepass day 1, but also could afford to slash the cost of the Xbox and offer six months free Gamepass with every new console.

Sony

Don't have pockets as deep as MS and can't throw billions at publishers to take a hit at offering PS Now free for six months, but they can start to build up a loyal subscription following by putting all first party titles on the service on day one. This will then increase subscription numbers and revenue massively for Sony. Might take a hit at the start, but it'll pay off in the long run.

Top Bottom