• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Nintendo Direct 2013.6.11 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajd

Banned
all i want is this thread to get 1,000,000 views like sony and xbox thread

come on nintendo drop the bombs

I hope what you're saying is true or else you'll be breaking many hearts :(

probably enough reason for some to give away one's account, lol

Its never true when it pretty much sounds like fan imagination. And why would they talk about a 2015 game so far in advance, yet with such detail... no. Just no.

D_prOdigy

My understanding this particular Direct would be week after next, early that week. That was the plan for this particular direct, so evidently they moved it so it can be during E3 itself...interesting. I'm still thinking there may be a smaller Mini direct week after next though. So as to not spill the beans, ill share what I believe will be the contents of this Dorect along with a few tidbits about each thing. It's going to be a largely Wii U Direct. These aren't in any particular order of actual showing, rather its going by what things people want to hear the most about.

1. Retro: Finally after at least a few years development, their game is finally ready to be unveiled. What is it? It's an old Nintendo IP that people have wanted them to do for a while, but no one thought they had the guts to do it-but they did. I'm very happy with the one they chose to do. It'll definitely fall into that "Wooooo helllll yeah!!!" category for a vast majority I think. Trailer set to be shown at the Direct.

2. Mario....wow is everyone in for a really huge treat with this!!! I know the exact title of the latest adventure. Everything's been so vague hint wise so ill say something a little more exact about it. That 100 Year Guy is right on one thing-it's an enormously large, grand adventure in scope and size. Development began on Wii, not too long after Galaxy 2 was done. This adventure brings together a lot of levels, concepts, ideas, level types, mechanics and characters people have been begging for a long time for. Maybe you'll finally see Wart again this time ;) it makes very clever, imaginative use of the game pad but its definitely not forced. You can certainly play with traditional controls. Trailer and a giid look at game play on the Direct. Release set for late October. This October.

3. Zelda. First the bad news..it's a mid 2015 title at the soonest. They are debating between middle and Thanksgiving/Christmas 2015. Aim is to have most of if not all the game to look like that tech demo from 2 years ago. Story is the longest and grandest in the series. You MAY see some brief concept art at this E3 but they're looking more to fully unveil it early next year. They're debating between a few ideas as well as concepts and which they want to use. They want a familiar yet really fresh take on this for everyone. How soon you'll get it depends on that. They may again make a brief mention at this direct with the understanding it's still too early to show. No exact title yet. Just Zelda Wii U ATM.

4. Mario Kart U....this mighta changed but last impression I got from it is its basically a souped up Mario Kart 7...literally. Think that, online play if course and Miiverse integration slapped in. It should be out in time for this Christmas 2013. Aim was to bring out something for the U that's on the safe side that's guaranteed to help jump start the U. Some added tweaks and whistles here and there. Trailer plus some gameplay at the Direct.

5. Super Smash Bros. 4...As promised by Mr. Iwata and Reggie, it will finally be unveiled during this Direct. What you're about to see is...odd. How to describe...there will be an unveil trailer, and during this trailer a few characters in the. Roster will be announced. All the others are black shadowy silhouettes. You should get a good idea who some of them are, others will be "Who the hell's that supposed to be!?" The full roster will be gradually unveiled from now till release. Release is aiming for Thanksgiving 2014. It might slip to closer to Christmas though. The aim is to launch both the 3DS and U games same day, so they'll do what it takes to get that to happen. This is the big 2014 game for Nintendo. 3DS version is further along than the U one. That one will also be shown on th Direct. Some parts of U version done, others still cooking. Coding, etc set to start in earnest this fall. It looks great ;)

6. General Wii U...possibly price cut, they really would rather not but they understand this nay be the only way to re jump start it. Possible Ambassador Program 2, looking at a few neat ideas for that. They will attempt one last time to very clearly communicate what the U is and isn't. They want to get people excited again and show good value.

X and Yarn Yoshi will have trailers. Both 2014 games. SMT x Fire Emblem is still too soon to show, but it's a really weird ass collaboration project-will be in a good way for fans of both,

One final huge surprise.,.its both a oh hell this makes sense and with kind of thing rolled into one. The aim is to introduce it fully in Fall of Winter. Timing still being decided. May or may not be announced at the Direct.

That's all for your Nintendo stockings, see you all after E3 ;)

Thank U for confirming Acid Ghost.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My understanding this particular Direct would be week after next, early that week. That was the plan for this particular direct, so evidently they moved it so it can be during E3 itself...interesting. I'm still thinking there may be a smaller Mini direct week after next though. So as to not spill the beans, ill share what I believe will be the contents of this Dorect along with a few tidbits about each thing. It's going to be a largely Wii U Direct. These aren't in any particular order of actual showing, rather its going by what things people want to hear the most about.

So what about 3DS Direct?

1. Retro: Finally after at least a few years development, their game is finally ready to be unveiled. What is it? It's an old Nintendo IP that people have wanted them to do for a while, but no one thought they had the guts to do it-but they did. I'm very happy with the one they chose to do. It'll definitely fall into that "Wooooo helllll yeah!!!" category for a vast majority I think. Trailer set to be shown at the Direct.

2. Mario....wow is everyone in for a really huge treat with this!!! I know the exact title of the latest adventure. Everything's been so vague hint wise so ill say something a little more exact about it. That 100 Year Guy is right on one thing-it's an enormously large, grand adventure in scope and size. Development began on Wii, not too long after Galaxy 2 was done. This adventure brings together a lot of levels, concepts, ideas, level types, mechanics and characters people have been begging for a long time for. Maybe you'll finally see Wart again this time ;) it makes very clever, imaginative use of the game pad but its definitely not forced. You can certainly play with traditional controls. Trailer and a giid look at game play on the Direct. Release set for late October. This October.

Oh boy, Wart might coming back. That would be awesome if it's real.

3. Zelda. First the bad news..it's a mid 2015 title at the soonest. They are debating between middle and Thanksgiving/Christmas 2015. Aim is to have most of if not all the game to look like that tech demo from 2 years ago. Story is the longest and grandest in the series. You MAY see some brief concept art at this E3 but they're looking more to fully unveil it early next year. They're debating between a few ideas as well as concepts and which they want to use. They want a familiar yet really fresh take on this for everyone. How soon you'll get it depends on that. They may again make a brief mention at this direct with the understanding it's still too early to show. No exact title yet. Just Zelda Wii U ATM.

4. Mario Kart U....this mighta changed but last impression I got from it is its basically a souped up Mario Kart 7...literally. Think that, online play if course and Miiverse integration slapped in. It should be out in time for this Christmas 2013. Aim was to bring out something for the U that's on the safe side that's guaranteed to help jump start the U. Some added tweaks and whistles here and there. Trailer plus some gameplay at the Direct.

Don't really care about Zelda atm since we are getting WindWaker HD. Mario Kart U sound awful at the moment and I'm concerned about the series now.

5. Super Smash Bros. 4...As promised by Mr. Iwata and Reggie, it will finally be unveiled during this Direct. What you're about to see is...odd. How to describe...there will be an unveil trailer, and during this trailer a few characters in the. Roster will be announced. All the others are black shadowy silhouettes. You should get a good idea who some of them are, others will be "Who the hell's that supposed to be!?" The full roster will be gradually unveiled from now till release. Release is aiming for Thanksgiving 2014. It might slip to closer to Christmas though. The aim is to launch both the 3DS and U games same day, so they'll do what it takes to get that to happen. This is the big 2014 game for Nintendo. 3DS version is further along than the U one. That one will also be shown on th Direct. Some parts of U version done, others still cooking. Coding, etc set to start in earnest this fall. It looks great ;)

That's awesome rumor but I'm concerned who would be on the rosters. Do you know if they are planning to bring out Dojo?

I feel that will bring us the MVC3 Silhouettes situation again.

6. General Wii U...possibly price cut, they really would rather not but they understand this nay be the only way to re jump start it. Possible Ambassador Program 2, looking at a few neat ideas for that. They will attempt one last time to very clearly communicate what the U is and isn't. They want to get people excited again and show good value.

X and Yarn Yoshi will have trailers. Both 2014 games. SMT x Fire Emblem is still too soon to show, but it's a really weird ass collaboration project-will be in a good way for fans of both,

One final huge surprise.,.its both a oh hell this makes sense and with kind of thing rolled into one. The aim is to introduce it fully in Fall of Winter. Timing still being decided. May or may not be announced at the Direct.

I hope that we are getting gamecube for Ambassador if it's true. Are we getting more games than those games that are listed? I'm not sure if I get what you meant in other post.

jlscool

1. Retro: Finally after at least a few years development, their game is finally ready to be unveiled. What is it? It's an old Nintendo IP that people have wanted them to do for a while, but no one thought they had the guts to do it...

Let the Retro game speculation begin!

I am hoping it is Star Fox.

What excites me the most is that, well, Nintendo's E3 conferences were always American-centric. Now, we may have Japanese-centric announcements because the Japanese have a Direct running at the same time.

Also, I wonder if we will have a Nintendo Direct thread in the vein of Sony/MS/Nintendo press conference threads usually. It would open up 5 minutes before the direct starts like the others.

D_prOdigy

To be honest, I don't think there is a franchise that fits the description: "It's an old Nintendo IP that people have wanted them to do for a while, but no one thought they had the guts to do it".

People don't tend to rule franchises out in these situations. Internet message boards would be less exciting if they did.

Birathen

Could someone Only for my avatar? That SNES version?

Im so hyped I will selfignite days befor the Direct. If they go for Tech demo Zelda it wont matter if Ps4 comes with a free occulus rift and all its games were free.

CrisKre

To be honest, I don't think there is a franchise that fits the description: "It's an old Nintendo IP that people have wanted them to do for a while, but no one thought they had the guts to do it".

People don't tend to rule franchises out in these situations. Internet message boards would be less exciting if they did.

There are only 2 franchises that IMO fit that description. Star tropic and Star Fox. Either one, if true, would make me happy.

Hakai

Well This is the reason I will say you are BS.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29123/mario-wii-u-i-have-too-many-ideas-koizumi/

In this article Koizumi was brainstorming ideas for the game, and if you read the articles of that time frame you see that they started the project to be a Wii U Mario game, so...yeah not biting it.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping for a F-Zero GX sequel of some kind. Miyamoto said a while back [French translation] that he didn't know people wanted another F-Zero and was wondering what they'd want from a new installment.

All they really have to do is add online play. Replace the 30 CPU players with 30 real players online and make it work well. I'd be on board for that.

I'm doubtful that they'd have an F-Zero at E3, but if they did ... that's what I'd want from it. Also, made with SEGA.

For it to have possibly changed, this implies to me that you've seen the game at least a couple months ago?

I was thinking that you knew all these rumors since we are so close to the e3 direct.

It seems you've been in the know for a little while now.

D_prOdigy

There are only 2 franchises that IMO fit that description. Star tropic and Star Fox. Either one, if true, would make me happy.

but like dozens of us have speculated about them doing Star Fox.

and the Star Tropics stuff was a joke because it would be hilariously random (rip in peace AceBandage), not because everyone thinks they don't have the balls to do it.

I know enough to spoil their whole E3 now but I won't. People here could use some good surprises right now and ill not ruin that. I never throw my sources under a bus. Ever. People will be very happy come E3. Really all I can say.

Interesting because one week ago you wrote this:

In regards to the 100 year gamer BSer from IGN said:
That's honestly what I believe their project is too. When itfirstgot mentioned they're doing a game it was kinda like "Gotta be Star Tropics" and I haven't second doubted it. We will see.

As for that bigger list of rumors, I personally believe it guys. It's too long and too detailed a list for someone to just sit down and write that up on the fly. That's my opinion and I have a right to that. I really think their E3 has just been laid out in front of everyone. IF that entire longer list is true, lets just say it is, is that enough to turn around Wii U? It'll depend in what all these "unannounced games" are. I don't believe every rumor list I read. You can tell which rumors are BS usually and that longer list doesn't strike me personally as BS. I think people here need to wait a few weeks on this before getting out their pitchforks. Just wait and see before letting the phrase bullshit fly. If it ends up totally wrong knock yourselves out. But if its not, well then you've just seen their E3.

So clearly you either A) didn't know anything then and miraculously found out some incredibly insider information from one of the most secretive companies in existence, B) are blindly buying into your hope that these rumors become true and are perpetuating unsubstantiated claims simply because "it's so long," or C) Lying out your ass and/or trolling purposefully. Personally I think you're in category B.

Look man, if you had simply said that this is what you hope happens, no one would care as much, but you double-downed and said you "know" things. Not think, or hope, but KNOW, and as you know, Nintendo fanboys are probably the most emotionally labile of all video game fans. So fine then. Let's see if Retro unveils Star Tropics. Let's see if Mario Kart Wii U is simply just a souped up MK7. Let's see where all of this (and your GAF account) go.

8bits

Banned
I'm hoping for a F-Zero GX sequel of some kind. Miyamoto said a while back [French translation] that he didn't know people wanted another F-Zero and was wondering what they'd want from a new installment.

All they really have to do is add online play. Replace the 30 CPU players with 30 real players online and make it work well. I'd be on board for that.

I'm doubtful that they'd have an F-Zero at E3, but if they did ... that's what I'd want from it. Also, made with SEGA.

If F-Zero running in HD at 60fps with complete online multiplayer I will purchase it day one. I'll even fill out the club nintendo survey before I play.

CrisKre

Interesting because one week ago you wrote this:

So clearly you either A) didn't know anything then and miraculously found out some incredibly insider information from one of the most secretive companies in existence, B) are blindly buying into your hope that these rumors become true and are perpetuating unsubstantiated claims simply because "it's so long," or C) Lying out your ass and/or trolling purposefully. Personally I think you're in category B.

Look man, if you had simply said that this is what you hope happens, no one would care as much, but you double-downed and said you "know" things. Not think, or hope, but KNOW, and as you know, Nintendo fanboys are probably the most emotionally labile of all video game fans. So fine then. Let's see if Retro unveils Star Tropics. Let's see if Mario Kart Wii U is simply just a souped up MK7. Let's see where all of this (and your GAF account) go.

He is BSing. That doesnt preclude some of his guesses materializing. They are safe guesses for the most part.

A couple of tidbits laden with "maybes" and "possiblies" vaguely stated in a way so that you can claim legitimacy no matter what is shown? And then the refusal to go further into detail under the shield of "not wanting to endanger your source?"

I'll eat crow if you're the real thing, but with what you've given us, it'll be difficult to determine whether or not you were correct.

He is BSing. That doesnt preclude some of his guesses materializing. They are safe guesses for the most part.

Of course. Some are very educated guesses considering what we know so far, which makes the mix of "probable" and "out of left field" very annoying.

tajd

Banned
super mario bros 2 elements need to return that game and its music is awesome

yes to seeing warth again

why are so many enemies wasted not been used again

the 3 headed red snake for smb2

mouser and the bird also

and before you say its a was a dream game , what about shy guy

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I know enough to spoil their whole E3 now but I won't. People here could use some good surprises right now and ill not ruin that. I never throw my sources under a bus. Ever. People will be very happy come E3. Really all I can say.

You can PM me everything. I love spoilers.

CrisKre

His claims are easily verifiable. He should just PM a mod 2 things: Final Mario 3d game name (since he states he knows the title) and the Retro game franchise revival name. If they both turm out to be what he claims, hes legit. If not, banned.

His claims are easily verifiable. He should just PM a mod 2 things: Final Mario 3d game final name and the Retro game franchise revival name. If they both turm out to be what he claims, hes legit. If not, banned.

We don't even need to do that for the Retro game. It's clear from the other thread he thinks/knows it's Star Tropics.

Dascu

His claims are easily verifiable. He should just PM a mod 2 things: Final Mario 3d game name (since he states he knows the title) and the Retro game franchise revival name. If they both turm out to be what he claims, hes legit. If not, banned.

I suggest ban now and unban later if true.

His claims are easily verifiable. He should just PM a mod 2 things: Final Mario 3d game final name and the Retro game franchise revival name. If they both turm out to be what he claims, hes legit. If not, banned.

A mod doesn't need that much to ban him.

Guys you can tell this guy is spouting complete bullshit because his Retro game rumor is just piggybacking off of Paul Gale's bullshit rumor that gets brought up over and over about "the game people wanted them to do". There have been like 2x when someone with that much info was actually right and even then they didn't even post that much because they can be tracked easily. Complete and utter bullshit

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Complete and utter bullshit. Whenever someone says they know stuff but they don't want to ruin the surprise is full of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom